Disclaimer: I know people really dislike and, sometimes, get angry about ads on sites and apps. As they are widely used by individuals and companies to monetize, the main goal of this list is to share knowledge about how to implement it correctly and in an optimized way.
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Concepts and Fundamentals
- Best Practices
- Ad Managers / Ad Servers / Platforms
- Google Ad Manager
- GAM Libraries / Tools
- Facebook / Instagram
- Header Bidding (HB)
- Prebid Libraries / Tools
Acronyms and Abbreviations
- AdOps: Advertising Operations
- AdX: Ad Exchange
- CPC: Cost Per Click
- CPM: Cost Per Mille
- CR: Conversion Rate
- CTR: Click Through Rate
- DFP: DoubleClick for Publishers
- DMP: Data Management Platform
- DSP: Demand Side Platform
- eCPM: Effective Cost Per Mille
- HB: Header Bidding
- RTB: Real Time Bidding
- SSP: Supply Side Platforms
Concepts and Fundamentals
- What does an Ad Server does and how can you benefit from it? – Explain what an Ad Server do and how it can benefit your business.
- What is an Ad Server – Explain what an Ad Server is, Publisher vs Advertiser, why have one ad server.
- Coalition for Better Ads – A group of companies (Google, Facebook, etc) that publish research about how to improve the online consumer ad experience and defined some standards.
Ad Managers / Ad Servers / Platforms
- Adform – Advertising platform.
- Adzerk – Ad serving APIs to build and scale server-side ad platforms.
- Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP: DoubleClick for Publishers)
- Google Display & Video 360 (a.k.a DV360 / formerly DoubleClick Bid Manager) – Integrated tool that helps creative, data, and media teams work together to execute end-to-end campaigns.
- Smart AdServer – Ad Server.
Google Ad Manager
- About Ad Manager and Ad Exchange – Info about Google Ad Manager and Ad Exchange.
- Common problems / Troubleshooting – How to solve common problems / issues with Google Ad Manager.
- Google Ad Manager Fundamentals – Google Academy videos about Ad Manager (you should login to see the videos).
- Help center – Google Ad Manager Help Center.
- Release notes (2019) – 2019 Google Ad Manager releases archive.
- Setup guide – Guide to set up Google Ad Manager.
GAM Libraries / Tools
Facebook / Instagram
- Facebook Blueprint – Online training for Advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
- Google Ads Academy: Programmatic – Google Academy videos about Programmatic (you should login to see the videos).
Header Bidding (HB)
- Beginner’s Guide to Header Bidding – Complete guide to understand HB, why it’s important, how does it work.
- What is Header Bidding by Prebid – Guide about HB from the most used library to implement it.
- Prebid – Website of the most used library to implement HB.
- Prebid for AdOps – Prebid Guide to AdOps.
- Prebid for Developers – Prebid Guide to Developers.
- Google Ad Manager + Prebid.js – How to setup Prebid.js with Google Ad Manager.
- Smart Ad Server + Prebid.js – How to set up Prebid.js with Smart Ad Server.
Prebid Libraries / Tools
- Prebid + GAM setup tool – An automated line item generator for Prebid.js and Google Ad Manager.
- React Prebid – GitHub | Docs – React library to implement Google Ad Manager on your website.
- AdProfs – This week in ad tech – one email per week, 5 min read.
- Business News from Facebook – Latest updates, marketing trends and advertising tips from Facebook.
- Happy Friday by Simon J. Harris – Ad tech info curated by @SimonJHarris.