Eddystone by Google
Eddystone A platform for marking up the world to make your apps and devices work smarter by providing timely, contextual information.
- Google Developers Beacons Portal
- Eddystone Protocol Specification & Tools
- Advertising frame types
- Eddystone Validator
- [Eddystone GATT Configuration Service & Google Nearby API and Proximity API](* ) (by Nordic Semiconductor)
- Web Bluetooth Eddystone Configurator
- Eddystone Branding Guidelines & Logos
The Physical Web is an approach to unleash the core superpower of the web: interaction on demand. People should be able to walk up to any smart device – a vending machine, a poster, a toy, a bus stop, a rental car – and not have to download an app first. Everything should be just a tap away.
- Physical Web – Walk up and use anything – Official Github repository
- Video: Introduction to the Physical Web – Ubiquity Dev Summit 2016
- URL Validator 1, URL Validator 2
- Physical Web Getting Started Guide for Developers
- Physical Web Implementation Status
- Physical Web Branding Guidelines & Logos
- IEEE: Enabling the Internet of Things by R. Want, B. Schilit, S. Jenson
- Exploring the Physical Web (Without Buying Beacons)
Proximity Beacon API by Google
- Beacons 101– Getting Started with the Google Beacon Platform – Video Ubiquity Dev Summit 2016
- Get Started with Beacons – This guide explains the steps required to start using Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons to provide proximity-based experiences for your users.
- Proximity Beacon API – A cloud service that allows you to manage data associated with your BLE beacons using a REST interface
- Nearby – Build simple interactions between nearby devices and people
iBeacon Resources by Apple
iBeacon for Developers From welcoming people as they arrive at a sporting event to providing information about a nearby museum exhibit, iBeacon opens a new world of possibilities for location awareness, and countless opportunities for interactivity between iOS devices and iBeacon hardware.
- iBeacon for Developers
- Getting Started with iBeacon (PDF)
- iBeacon Artwork and Specifications
- iOS: Understanding iBeacon device compatibility
- iOS 7: Understanding Location Services
- Apple AirLocate Sample Code (iOS8 fix)
iBeacon for Developers
- Building Applications with iBeacon
- Cisco iBeacon FAQ
- 5 Minute Overview – What is iBeacon? by ThoughtWorks
- A Semi-Technical Lowdown on Working with iBeacons
- CapTech Webinar: iBeacon Demystified
- 5 fundamental misconceptions about Beacon technology by RadiusNetworks
- Ask a Dev: What Are the Limitations of Beacons?
- What’s the Difference Between Beacons and Geofencing?
- Guide to iBeacon Hardware by beekn.net
- Developing an iBeacon App by beekn.net
Hacks & Cool Apps
- Empowering vision impaired people to navigate the world independently (an open standard)
- Google Glass & Beacons
- 10 awesome things you can do today with iBeacons (by Twocanoes)
- PunchClock An in/out tracking app for iOS 7+ that uses iBeacon and Geofencing.
- The Geofancy iOS app Helping you to get the best out of your automated home, geofencing, iBeacons at your hand.
- LaunchHere for iOS – iBeacon based app shortcuts
- Traveling with Beacons: Checked Luggage Made Easy
Installation & Radio Planning
Beacon Discovery & Configuration Tools
- ScanBeacon – A ruby gem that allows you to scan for beacon advertisements using IOBluetooth (on Mac OS X) or a BlueGiga BLE112 device (on mac or linux)
Beacon Scanner Apps
- iOS Eddystone Scanner Sample Application
- Swift based iBeacon App Development with CoreLocation on Apple iOS 7/8
- Udemy: iBeacon development for iPhone
- HiBeacons A nice iBeacon demo app in Swift.
- PubNub.com – Two-Way iBeacon Communication with Swift Programming Language
- iOS & OSX Bluetooth library for RxSwift
- JMCiBeaconManager – An iBeacon Manager class that is responsible for detecting beacons nearby.
- BeaconKit – Beacon detection framework using CoreBluetooth, supporting Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-URL, AltBeacon.
- Generic iBeacon Management and Utilities by KinveyLabs
- Replicates detecting and broadcasting iBeacons in the background
- RABeaconManager RABeaconManager is an easy to use library that allows you to detect Bluetooth Beacons and iBeacons in the foreground and background.
- iBeacon detection time in background
- iBeacon region monitoring AND proximity for >20 beacons?
- How to make iBeacon foreground ranging for CLProximityImmediate faster in iOS?
- Can we start iBeacon transmitter in background?
- How does iBeacon wake up our app?
- Use Core Bluetooth instead of iBeacon – Any Downsides?
- Beacon Toy – Android App to advertise as Eddystone
- Android BLE advertising library
- Locate by Radius Networks – Virtual iBeacon
- Chrome App to advertise Eddystone packets – uses Eddystone Advertising Library
- Linux iBeacon broadcaster
- Quick Beacon
- Android Lolipop Bluetooth Low Energy Enhancements. Support OS-level scan filter & peripheral mode.
- iBeacon Scanner for Android, Docs & Blog post
- Android beacon library based on AltBeacon. Use a custom beacon parser for iBeacon device compatibility.
- BeaconKeeper The simple library for locating iBeacons in background
- Android & BLE
- DevBytes: Bluetooth Low Energy API in Android 4.3
- BLE SDK for Android
- Bluetooth LE Library for Android
- reelyactive-ble-android-sdk This SDK allows you to scan beacons and advertise as a beacon.
Beacon Scanner Apps
- iBeacon Scanner & code
- Beacon Scanner & Logger Android app that scans for BLE Beacons/iBeacons and logs the results to a file
- iBeacon Detector
- Bluetooth 4.0 Scanner
Beacon Advertiser Apps
- Beacon Simulator – iBeacon, Eddystone, AltBeacon
Cordova, Phonegap, Xamarin, Titanium
- Cordova iBeacon Plugin
- Using iBeacon with Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android
- iBeacon advertising and scanning in a Titanium module
- iBeacon Scanning Utility App for OSX
- iBeacon Scanner – Scan for nearby iBeacons regardless of their UUID
- Beacon OSX – Mavericks as an iBeacon
- Electron Physical Web Scan – Mac OSX desktop app to scan for Physical Web (Eddystone) bluetooth beacons
- Electron Slide Beacon – Share links from your Mac using this app to broadcast them as an Eddystone URL (Physical Web) bluetooth beacon.
- BeaconKit – Beacon detection framework ns Swift using CoreBluetooth, supporting Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-URL, AltBeacon, iBeacon.
- Node-RED nodes to interact with the Physical Web
- A node.js BLE (Bluetooth low energy) central module
- A node.js module for implementing BLE (Bluetooth low energy) peripherals
- Universal Bluetooth Beacon Library – open source library and links to apps to talk to Eddystone and iBeacon beacons
Bluetooth Low Energy
Bluetooth Smart & BLE Tools
- nRF Master Control Panel (BLE) nRF Master Control Panel is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan and explore your Bluetooth Smart (BLE) devices and communicate with them.
- LightBlue Mac OSX
(or iOS) LightBlue can test all of your devices that use Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (also known as Bluetooth Smart, or Bluetooth Light).
- BlueSpeed for iOS by Punch Through Runs a Bluetooth LE speed test between 2 iOS devices
Web Bluetooth API
Beacon Developer Kits & BLE Chips
- Texas Instruments – BLE Portal
- Texas Instruments – SensorTag DeveloperKit
- TI SensorTag Android Sources
- Broadcom – WICED™ Sense Development Kit
- Dialog Semiconductor
Proximity Trends & Outlook
- Wired 4 Reasons Why Apple’s iBeacon Is About to Disrupt Interaction Design
- Wi-Fi Aware™ – Wi-Fi Aware™ is a new Wi-Fi Alliance certification program that extends Wi-Fi’s capabilities with a real-time and energy-efficient discovery mechanism that provides an immediate on-ramp to rich here-and-now experiences.
Vendor-driven Beacon Standardization
- BeaconCtrl Setup and manage large beacon deployments with BeaconCtrl Open Source platform
- The Open and Interoperable Proximity Beacon Specification
Bluetooth, Apple, Google, iBeacon, Eddystone and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark owners.