Plugins with the “🍓” icon have CakePHP 4 compatible release too.
If you are looking for CakePHP 2.x resources please visit:
Additional lists you might find useful:
For those wondering; this list differs from plugins.cakephp.org by supporting plugin subparts (instead of only the whole plugin/repo), more granular grouping and the primary focus on task specific functionality.
Table of Contents
- Asset Management
- Auditing / Logging
- Authentication and Authorization
- Code Analysis
- Dependency Injection
- File Manipulation
- Filtering and Validation
- ORM / Database / Datamapping
- REST and API
- Third Party APIs
- Web Applications
Plugins for Application Performance Monitoring.
- NewRelic plugin – A complete plugin that enables full New Relic integration for a CakePHP application, including CLI naming, exceptions sending, custom timings, etc.
- NewRelic plugin – A simple plugin that enables just name transaction and browser timing using the New Relic PHP agent.
- 🍓 Burzum/CakeServiceLayer plugin – Service layer and domain/business model implementation.
Tools for managing, compressing and minifying website assets.
- 🍓 AssetCompress plugin – A complete asset manager for CakePHP.
- 🍓 AssetMix plugin – Provides integration with Laravel Mix asset compilation.
- Assets plugin – Dynamic and “on the fly” asset files.
- Less plugin – Less parser plugin for CakePHP.
- MinifyHtml plugin – Compress HTML output.
Auditing / Logging
Plugins for auditing and logging.
- AuditStash plugin – Flexible and rock solid audit log tracking.
- 🍓 DatabaseLog plugin – Simple and stand-alone logging to database instead of files.
- 🍓 Muffin/Footprint plugin – Plugin to allow passing currently logged in user to model layer.
- Version plugin – A plugin that facilitates versioned database entities.
Authentication and Authorization
Plugins and libraries for implementing authentication and authorization.
- 🍓 Acl plugin – Managing ACL as database approach.
- ADmad/HybridAuth plugin – A plugin which allows using the HybridAuth social sign on library with CakePHP.
- ADmad/JwtAuth plugin – A plugin for authenticating using JSON Web Tokens.
- 🍓 Authentication plugin – Official CakePHP authentication middleware plugin.
- 🍓 Authorization plugin – Official CakePHP authorization stack.
- CakeDC/NavAuth plugin – A plugin for authenticating against Navision® service using SOAP or OData services. It includes NTLM authentication and more.
- 🍓 CakeDC/Users plugin – Complete user management (admin panel, remember me, etc), Social login (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Instagram), RBAC, API and more.
- CookieAuth plugin – A simple Cake 3 plugin to automatically authenticate users with Cookies.
- HierAuth plugin – A CakePHP plugin for hierarchical, role based, simple authorization.
- Muffin/OAuth2 plugin – OAuth2 authentication using the
- 🍓 Muffin/Tokenize plugin – Event driven behavior for easily generating single-use security tokens.
- MultiTenant plugin – Easily build SaaS enabled web applications.
- 🍓 TinyAuth plugin – Authentication and role based (single/multi) authorization as very light-weight approach.
- 🍓 Tools:Passwordable – Containing Passwordable behavior for a DRY approach on password hashing.
- 🍓 TwoFactorAuth plugin – Allows two factor authentication using Google Authenticator or similar app to generate one-time codes. Based on RobThree/TwoFactorAuth library.
- UserPermissions plugin – Allow groups of users or single users to view a specific page.
Plugins for caching data.
- 🍓 Cache plugin – For caching views (HTML, CSV, JSON, XML, …) as static cache files.
Plugins for analysing, parsing and manipulation codebases.
- 🍓 IdeHelper plugin – Helps to make IDE support better by adding annotations to your existing code similar to what baking does to new code.
- 🍓 TestHelper plugin – Provides testing enhancements and TDD support as browser backend.
Plugins for debugging.
- Airbrake plugin A plugin to seamlessly integrate Airbrake with CakePHP for errors and exceptions.
- 🍓 DebugKit plugin – The de-facto standard for debugging.
- ErrorEmail plugin – A plugin to email exception/error information to your dev team.
- 🍓 Execution order – A demo app to display the execution order of files, methods and callbacks.
- Psa/FixtureCheck plugin – A plugin to help detect mismatches in live DB and fixtures in order to make fixture based tests more reliable and deployments safer.
- 🍓 Sentry plugin A plugin to seamlessly integrate Sentry with CakePHP for errors and exceptions.
- 🍓 Setup plugin – A lightweight setup plugin containing debugging and maintenance tools.
- Whoops plugin – PHP errors and exceptions for cool kids with filp/whoops.
Plugins that implement the dependency injection design pattern.
- PimpleDi plugin Allows dependency injection based on Pimple library.
- PipingBag plugin – Dependency injection container plugin that adds the ability to configure object instances and their dependencies before they are used, and to store them into a container class for easy access.
Plugins and applications for taking payments and building online e-commerce stores.
- PaypalWPP plugin – For communicating with Paypal Web Payments Pro for transactions and information about your account.
Plugins for sending and parsing email.
- Elastic Email plugin – Email transport plugin for sending email via Elastic Email API.
- 🍓 EmailQueue plugin – Email queue plugin with a preview and sender shell.
- Gourmet/Email plugin – Email helper, layout and more.
- 🍓 Mailgun plugin – Email transport plugin for sending email via Mailgun.
- SendGrid plugin – Email transport plugin for sending email via SendGrid API.
Plugins for environment.
- Environments plugin – Plugin to handle environments.
- Gourmet/Aroma plugin – Database based configuration.
- Settings plugin – A plugin to manage your settings via your database.
Plugins for file manipulation.
- 🍓 FileStorage plugin – Abstract file storage and upload plugin.
- FlyPie plugin – Abstract filesystem access using Flysystem.
- Image plugin – Image behavior that works much like Cake’s built in TranslateBehavior.
- 🍓 Josbeir/Filesystem plugin – Abstract Flysystem + file entity based upload plugin.
- 🍓 Josegonzalez/Upload plugin – A customisable plugin that uses Flysystem to write to multiple backends (Dropbox, FTP, S3, Local, etc.).
- Proffer plugin – A customisable upload plugin with thumbnail generation.
- Xety/Cake3Upload plugin – A little plugin to upload file.
Filtering and Validation
Plugins for filtering and validating data.
- Gourmet/Filters plugin – Extra dispatcher filters (maintenance, robots, ip, etc).
- Gourmet/Validation plugin – Extra validation providers (Respect, IsoCodes, etc.) and rules.
- HtmlPurifier plugin – Purifier Plugin that features a trait, behavior and helper to allow you to get sanitization and filtering where you need it. You can configure multiple sets of filter rules as well.
- HtmlPurifier plugin – Purifier Plugin Behavior that cleanses data before it is marshaled into the entity and/or before saving.
Plugins for geocoding addresses and working with latitudes and longitudes.
Plugins for HTTP and client abstraction
Plugins for I18n (Internationalization) and L10n (Localization).
- 🍓 ADmad/I18n plugin – A plugin with I18n related tools.
- 🍓 Cake/Localized plugin – Localized validation and ready-to-use translation PO files.
- 🍓 ShadowTranslate plugin – A plugin with shadow table based replacement for core’s Translate behavior.
- Transifex plugin – Managing i18n PO files and translations via Transifex API.
- Translate plugin – Manage translations of your static content the easy way via web backend, incl. import from POT files, auto-suggest and auto-translate via API.
- Translation plugin – Extract pot files, translate string (manually, google, community), export translations to pot files.
Plugins for manipulating images.
- 🍓 ADmad/Glide plugin – A plugin for using Glide image manipulation library.
- HtmlToImageView plugin – Render HTML view as image (jpg or png) using wkhtmltoimage.
- Imagine plugin – An image manipulation plugin and wrapper around Imagine.
- Thumber plugin – A plugin to create thumbnails using intervention/image.
Useful libraries or tools that don’t fit in any of the other categories.
- Capcake – Deploy CakePHP applications using Capistrano.
- Chronos – A simple standalone DateTime API extension (successor of Carbon).
- Composer Installers – A multi framework Composer library installer.
- Composer/Packagist – A package and dependency manager.
- Graphviz – A Graphviz library.
- Jenkins – The free alternative for private (GitHub) repos.
- Rocketeer – PHP task runner and deployment package.
- Travis CI – A continuous integration platform – de-facto standard for testing (GitHub) repos.
- YamlRoute – Configure routes with simple YAML files.
Plugins for working with markup.
- Gourmet/CommonMark plugin – Adds CommonMark Markdown parsing.
- 🍓 Markup plugin – Allows to use PHP or JS based syntax highlighting.
Plugins and resources around migration and upgrading.
- 🍓 Migrations plugin – (DB) Migration plugin.
- 🍓 Upgrade app – Official upgrade app for 2.x=>3.x and 3.x=>4.x.
- 🍓 Upgrade app (extended) – An extended upgrade app for 2.x=>3.x, between 3.x and some 4.x snippets.
- Upgrade/Migration Guide – Official migration guide.
Misc plugins and libraries.
- ActionsClass plugin – Gives you the ability to manage your Controller actions as single classes.
- 🍓 Ajax plugin – A plugin to ease handling AJAX requests.
- CakeAdmin plugin – A non-stable user management plugin with a built-in admin area.
- CakeDC/Enum plugin – A plugin to add enumeration list support to your app.
- 🍓 CakeDto plugin – Quickly generate useful data transfer objects for your app (mutable/immutable), replacing messy arrays and leveraging your IDE through typehinting and autocomplete.
- 🍓 CakeImpersonate plugin – A component that stores the current authentication session and creates new session for impersonating Users. User can revert back to original authentication sessions without the need to re-login.
- CakeMiddlewares – A collection of Cakephp Middlewares.
- 🍓 Calendar plugin – For generating basic calendars. Includes IcalView for ICS calendar file generation.
- Comments plugin – A fully customizable Comments plugin.
- CurrencyConverter plugin – A plugin to convert currency into another one.
- Dashboard plugin – Build beautiful dashboards for your cakes.
- DatabaseBackup plugin – A plugin to export, import and manage database backups.
- 🍓 Feedback plugin – Allow visitors to send quick and easy feedback incl. a screenshot via sidebar form.
- 🍓 Flash plugin – More powerful flash messages for your application.
- OrcaServices/Heartbeat plugin – Monitor the hearbeat of your application (e.g. whether the database is available and up-to-date).
- Inertia plugin – Server side adapter for Inertia.js.
- Interval plugin – Converts seconds to human readable string (string to seconds), uses business hours (1 week = 5 days, 1 day = 8 hours).
- LinkScanner – A plugin for recursively scanning links.
- Robotusers/Tactician plugin – Tools for Tactician command bus integration.
- 🍓 Setup:Maintenance – Maintenance shell to go into maintenance mode for all requests with optional IP whitelisting.
- 🍓 Shim plugin – A plugin containing useful shims and improvements as basis for your application.
- TokenVerify plugin – Easily issue tokens that can be used for mail authentication.
- 🍓 Tools plugin – Containing lots of useful libs, helpers, behaviors, components, shells and more.
- UserTools plugin – User tools for login, registration, password reset and more. Works out of the box CRUD like and is highly configurable.
- Utils plugin – Containing useful components (Authorizer, Menu) and behaviors (WhoDidIt, Uploadable, Metas, Stateable).
- Wrench plugin – Maintenance Mode plugin. Easily extensible and customizable.
- Yaml plugin – For using YAML config files instead of PHP arrays.
Tools for building navigation structures.
Plugins for working with “NoSQL” backends.
Plugins for working with notification software.
- ker0x/CakeGcm plugin – A plugin to send downstream messages to an Android or iOS device through Google Cloud Messaging.
- Notifier plugin – A plugin that makes creating and reading notifications easy.
- ker0x/Push plugin – A plugin to send push notifications through services like Firebase Cloud Messaging.
ORM / Database / Datamapping
Plugins that implement object-relational mapping or data-mapping techniques.
- 🍓 ADmad/Sequence plugin – Behavior for maintaining ordered list of records.
- 🍓 CakeDecimal plugin – A value object approach on handling decimals.
- 🍓 Duplicatable plugin – Behavior for duplicating entities including related data.
- Fetchable plugin – Behavior for fetching entities from cache / memory.
- 🍓 Lampager/Cake plugin – Rapid pagination without using OFFSET.
- JeremyHarris/LazyLoad plugin – An association lazy loader for entities.
- Lqdt/OrmJson plugin – Behavior and Trait for selecting, finding, getting and setting properties and values inside JSON type fields through CakePHP ORM.
- Money plugin – Money data type for CakePHP entities using sebastianbergmann/money.
- 🍓 Muffin/Orderly plugin – Allows setting default order for your tables.
- 🍓 Muffin/Sti plugin – Single Table Inheritance for CakePHP.
- 🍓 Muffin/Trash plugin – Soft-delete behavior for CakePHP.
- PersistRelatedData plugin – Behavior for persisting selected fields of related models.
- Robotusers/Excel plugin – ORM wrapper for PHPExcel.
- Robotusers/TableInheritance plugin – Singe Table Inheritance (STI) plugin.
- 🍓 RowLocker plugin – Exclusive locks for rows in your tables.
- Serializeable Data Types plugin – Serialize DB content as JSON or using phps serializing functions.
- 🍓 Muffin/Webservices ORM plugin – An ORM like interface for webservices.
- 🍓 Connehito/CakephpMasterReplica plugin – Switch master/replica database connections.
- 🍓 Itosho/EasyQuery plugin – Behavior for easily generating some complicated queries like (bulk) insert/upsert etc.
Plugins and software for working with PDF files.
- 🍓 CakePdf plugin – A plugin around PDF generation.
Plugins for working with event and task queues.
- CakeResque plugin – A plugin for Resque, a library for creating background jobs.
- 🍓 CakeQueuesadilla plugin – A plugin that provides queueing integration with a variety of backends (BeanstalkD, MySQL, Redis, etc.).
- Gearman plugin – A plugin for offloading CakePHP tasks to a Gearman Job Server.
- 🍓 Queue plugin – A minimal and dependency-free queue solution.
REST and API
Plugins and web tools for developing REST-ful APIs.
- 🍓 Alt3/Swagger plugin – Swagger 2.0 documentation for your CakePHP APIs using swagger-php and swagger-ui.
- Alt3/ValidationExposer plugin – Easily expose your application’s validation rules.
- ApiPagination plugin – Injects pagination information from CakePHP’s Paginator into serialized JsonView and XmlView responses.
- 🍓 CakeDC/Api plugin – All-in-one solution to provide a complete API. It includes versioning, renderers, CRUD, authentication, extensions (paginate, filter, HATEOAS), and much more.
- Cors plugin – Activate CORS with Middleware.
- Cors plugin – A lightweight plugin for adding CORS headers to specified endpoints.
- CrudJsonApi plugin – Crud listener for building JSON API compliant APIs.
- FractalTransformerView plugin – A plugin which allows using Fractal transformers for your API output.
- 🍓 SwaggerBake plugin – This plugin automatically builds your Swagger UI documentation from your existing models and routes. A redoc option is also available.
Plugins and software for indexing and performing search queries on data.
- Cake/ElasticSearch plugin – Alternative ORM using Elasticsearch as its backend.
- 🍓 PlumSearch plugin – Search plugin implements custom, flexible and extendable search strategies. Implements PRG pattern.
- 🍓 Search plugin – Provides easy searching/filtering for paginated views using PRG pattern.
- SphinxSearch plugin – Basic behaviour implementation for querying SphinxSearch indexes.
- 🍓 Tags plugin – For tagging and finding tagged records.
Plugins and information around security, preventing vulnerabilities and protection against XSS and alike.
- 🍓 Bruteforce – Simple way to add Brute Force Protection to your installation without involving database.
- BryanCrowe/EncryptedType – Simple solution that enables Encrypted data types to be stored in the database.
- 🍓 Captcha plugin – Simple, unobstrusive and extendable captcha solution providing by default an image based math captcha.
- CipherBehavior plugin – Cipher your entities data with this behavior. Encryption is done at PHP level using CakePHP Security class.
- 🍓 Expose plugin – Expose entities through additional UUIDs instead of their AIID primary keys to obfuscate those IDs and data associated with these numerically ordered values.
- 🍓 Muffin/Obfuscate plugin – Primary key obfuscation/shortening using UUIDs, HashIds, Optimus, Tiny and/or custom obfuscation strategies.
- 🍓 Muffin/Throttle plugin – A plugin for rate limiting (API) requests.
- Recaptcha plugin – Simple, lightweight Google Recaptcha v2.
- Recaptcha Mailhide plugin – A plugin that allows you to hide email addresses using reCAPTCHA.
- StopSpam plugin – A plugin that allows you to check if a username, email address or IP address has been reported as a spammer.
Search Engine Optimization.
- 🍓 Muffin/Slug plugin – A plugin for generating slugs and finding records by slug. Uses a pluggable architecture which allows using your own slug generator class.
- Seo plugin – Auto-creates and manages your SEO tags.
- Sluggable plugin – A simple Cake3 plugin to slug fields and find records by slug.
- 🍓 Tools:Slugged – Containing Slugged behavior to auto-generate URL-compatible slugs from titles.
Plugins and repositories around app skeletons.
- 🍓 App template – An empty CakePHP project for use with composer.
- 🍓 Crud plugin – CakePHP Application development on steroids – rapid prototyping / scaffolding & production ready code.
- 🍓 MixerApi/Bake – Bake theme for generating RESTful controllers.
- Plugin Skeleton – A skeleton example to create a Cake3 plugin.
Plugins around social features.
- CakeDC/Forum plugin – Forum plugin including categories, threads and replies, reporting messages, moderators, admin interface and more.
- 🍓 Ratings plugin – Allows users to rate records and displays ratings.
- SocialShare plugin – Link generator for sharing content on social networks.
Plugins for templating and lexing.
- Address plugin – An address helper that outputs a marked up address.
- 🍓 Bake plugin – Provides code generation functionality.
- Bootstrap plugin – A Bootstrap 3 plugin with support for LESS.
- 🍓 BootstrapUI plugin – Bootstrap 3 integration.
- CakeExcel plugin – An Excel view to generate XLSX files.
- Chocolate plugin – Front-End framework FormHelper extensions.
- CommonMark plugin – Adds CommonMark (markdown) support to models and views.
- 🍓 CsvView plugin – A view class to easily generate CSV.
- Datalist plugin – Support for HTML5 datalist element with the possibility to create new entries into associated models.
- 🍓 Feed plugin – Containing an RssView class to easily generate (complex) RSS feeds.
- InlineCss plugin – A plugin to convert HTML style blocks to inline CSS on a View template (intended for use with email templates).
- JadeView plugin – Jade template engine plugin.
- Liquid plugin – A plugin to use the Liquid templating language for views.
- 🍓 Meta plugin – Makes handling meta tags and SEO relevant HTML markup DRY and easy.
- SocialMeta plugin – Adds support for Facebook’s OpenGraph and Twitter’s Card meta tags.
- TwigView plugin – A plugin to use the Twig Templating Language for views.
- VideoEmbed plugin – Helper for embedding YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion videos.
Plugins/Tools for testing codebases and generating test data.
- CakePHP Codeception module – The official CakePHP integration with Codeception.
- CakePHP CodeSniffer rules – The official CakePHP CS rules.
- 🍓 CakephpFixtureFactories plugin – Create your fixtures dynamically on a test basis, accelerate the writing and maintainance of your tests.
- Faker plugin – Faker support for CakePHP fixtures.
- Fixtures plugin – Fixtures plugin to read existing fixtures and create table/insert data for quick start with app.
- FriendsOfCake/Fixturize plugin – More efficient inserting fixtures when running test suites by decreasing amount of inserts (mysql only).
- Gourmet/Muffin plugin – FactoryMuffin support for CakePHP fixture records.
Third Party APIs
Plugins for accessing third party APIs.
- CakeTmdb plugin – The Movie Database (TMDB) API integration.
- CloudflareDeploy Plugin – Useful console commands for deploying CakePHP apps using Cloudflare.
- GitHub plugin – Allows access to the GitHub REST APIs using the Webservice ORM.
- Jira plugin – Provides a helper to allow access to Jira’s REST API using lesstif/php-jira-rest-client as the Vendor. Currently read-only access.
- Ratchet plugin – Brings the Ratchet websocket package to CakePHP.
- Salesforce plugin – Allows use of CakePHP’s ORM to Query and Interact with Salesforce Enterprise Instances.
- Twitter plugin – Allows access to the Twitter REST and streaming APIs using the Webservice ORM.
Software for creating a development environment.
Software and tools for creating a sandboxed development environment.
- Cakebox – A Vagrant development environment powered by the CakePHP 3.x Console.
- CakePHP.gitignore – The .gitignore file proposals.
- CakePHP Vagrant Setup – Tool for spinning up multiple CakePHP 3.x Vanilla Dev Environments.
- Docker – CakePHP in a docker container environment.
- Mixer – A plugin to discover and manage CakePHP plugins.
- NetBeans – This package provides support for CakePHP in NetBeans 8.1+.
- Oven – Setup your favorite framework with 1 file and 1 click.
- PhpStorm plugin – CakePHP auto-completion support for console commands in PhpStorm IDE.
- Puppet – A server automation framework and application.
- Vagrant – A portable development environment utility.
IDE specific compatibility information and tips can be found here.
CMS and applications built on CakePHP
- CakeBlog – Open source blog software.
- Croogo – CMS software
- QuickApps-CMS – Open source content management system.
Web-based (demo) applications and tools.
- BlogMVC – A simple Blog example with CakePHP based on BlogMVC Project.
- Bookmarkr A bookmarking application built with the CRUD plugin.
- CakeFest – Demo application around the annual CakePHP Conference “CakeFest”.
- Croogo 3.x – Croogo 3.x demo
- RealWorld – Example CakePHP codebase containing real world examples (CRUD, auth, advanced patterns and more) that adheres to the RealWorld spec and API.
- Sandbox – A sandbox CakePHP application with lots of demos and plugin showcasings.
- Query Examples Advanced query building examples.
- Xeta – A resource to help people starting with CakePHP.
- Vue.js Demo App – A CakePHP + VueJS single page application skeleton.
Various resources, such as books, websites and articles, for improving your CakePHP development skills and knowledge.
Where to get help.
- CakePHP-FR.org – The french community website.
- Official CakePHP Forum – This is for generic questions and alike.
- IRC Channel – Live chat/discussion with other devs and core devs.
- stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/cakephp – This is for specific questions, ideally along with some example code.
Useful and current CakePHP-related websites and blogs.
- CakeDC – Articles around CakePHP.
- dereuromark.de – An extensive CakePHP core dev blog.
- jedistirfry.co.uk – A CakePHP related dev blog.
- josediazgonzalez.com – A mainly CakePHP related core dev blog.
- mark-story.com – CakePHP lead dev blog.
- waltherlalk.com – A CakePHP related core dev blog.
CakePHP Books and Articles
Fantastic CakePHP-related (e)books and other reading material.
Fantastic CakePHP-related videos.
- CakePHP – Channel about CakePHP videos.
CakePHP Reading and Listening
Documentation and CakePHP-related reading and listening materials.
- CakePHP Cookbook(!) – The official CakePHP documentation.
- CakePHP Reporter – A newspaper and collection of material about CakePHP.
CakePHP Internals Reading
Reading materials related to the CakePHP internals and decisions.
- Top 10 (and more) core contributors – Give ’em a hand.
- cakefest.org – Annual CakePHP Conference.
- CakePHP-DE – MeetUps in Germany.