Courses & Tutorials
Awesome Command Line Interface For WordPress – Massive Collection of Resources
Everything relevant that is directly part of the official WP-CLI team.
- wp-cli.org – Homepage of the WP-CLI project.
- WP-CLI handbook – Guides on how to use or extend WP-CLI.
- WP-CLI command reference – Reference documentation for all the official WP-CLI commands.
- Make WordPress.org – CLI – Main entry point for contributing to WP-CLI.
- Contributing guide – Everything you need to know to contribute to the tool or its infrastructure.
- Official MakeWP Slack – Official Slack team where all international contributions to WordPress and its teams are discussed.
- #cli channel – The official support channel for WP-CLI and the WordPress CLI team.
- Good first issues – List of issues on that are limited in scope and complexity.
- WP-CLI GitHub organization – Canonical home of the WP-CLI source code.
- WP-CLI framework repository – The source code for the WP-CLI framework that powers all of the commands.
- WP-CLI bundle repository – The source for the WP-CLI “binary” and how it is assembled.
- WP-CLI tests repository – The testing framework used throughout all WP-CLI repositories.
Unofficial third-party packages.
Ways of searching for third-party packages you can use.
- Packagist.org search by WP-CLI package type – Composer packages filtered by type
- GitHub.com search for WP-CLI integrations – Heavily pre-filtered search for repositories that use
Third-party packages that are commonly useful.
- Yoast/wp-cli-faker – Generate fake WordPress and WooCommerce content for testing purposes.
- aaemnnosttv/wp-cli-login-command – Login to WordPress with secure passwordless magic links.
- schlessera/wp-cli-psysh – Replace WP-CLI shell standard REPL with PsySH.
- php-stubs/wp-cli-stubs – WP-CLI function and class declaration stubs for static analysis.
Tutorials & guides
Websites, ebooks, PDFs, talks and slide shows about how to make the most out of WP-CLI.
- An Introduction to WP-CLI – Introductory article that introduces the main concepts and some popular use cases of WP-CLI.
- Controlling WordPress through the Command Line – Introductory talk that covers the very basics of the command line for people who never used the console before.
- WP Bullet WP-CLI Guides – Snippet-based guides that solve specific use cases.
- Siteground Webinar: Learn How WP-CLI Can Make Your Life Easier – Practical examples on how you can improve your workflows with WP-CLI.