A curated meta resources & best practices list for CouchDB.
CouchDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database that syncs.
- News & Blog Posts
- Patterns & Best Practices
- Resource Lists
News & Blog Posts
Patterns & Best Practices
- Best Practices – Best Practices, eHealth Africa.
- Pagination strategies with PouchDB
- 12 pro tips for better code with PouchDB
- Linux tuning for better CouchDB performance
- PouchDB – Secondary Indexes
- Cloudant – MapReduce Primer – Great intro on reduce, group, group_level.
- Using View Collation – Index mapping (emits) for data joins.
- Views Collation – More documentation on “View Collation”.
- Cloudant – MapReduce and the Secondary Index (Video) – Great videos here on mapReduce, secondary indexes, and complex keys.
- Cloudant – Design Documents – Cloudant’s documentation is also great resource for learning concepts of CouchDB.
- Cloudant – Design Document Management – How to manage design doc changes in production.
- Joins with Views – Must read for understanding approach on doing efficient joins for CouchDB/PouchDB.
- Grouping related documents together in Cloudant – An approach that leverages CouchDB high availability nature.
- 10 Common Misconceptions – More videos from this conference.
- The NoSQL Tapes – CouchDB is discussed on Volume 5 – CouchDB, Volume 8 – MapReduce.
- Scaling Out with BigCouch – O’Reilly video on scaling out with BigCouch.
- IBM – The New Builders Webinar Series
- Jaki – A simple ClojureScript CouchDB client
-dev is where developers of couchdb chat, -user is where users of couchdb chat
and there’s some crosstalk ofc
-dev is appropriate if you’re talking about changes to couchdb itself (“developer” doesn’t mean you have to have a commit bit or anything) -rnewson
- Mailing Lists
- Mailing Lists Description
- Grokbase – Mailing lists in a Stack Overflow-like interface.
- Cloudant – Distributed database as a service (DBaaS).
- Smileupps – CouchDB hosting.
- Bitnami Launchpad for Google Cloud Platform – Host CouchDB on Google Cloud Platform.
- PouchDB – A pocket-sized database.
- FoundationDB – CouchDB 4.0 will utilize FoundationDB.
- Hoodie – A backend for Offline First applications.
- Couchbase – NoSQL database.
- Migrating from Apache CouchDB – Comparison of CouchDB and CouchBase
- Dynamo and CouchDB Clusters – Article about scaling CouchDB, using clusters.
- Google’s paper on Sawzall – Exotic Reductions Examples.
- What Every Developer Should Know About CouchDB – Article about lessons learned.
- CouchDB Maximum Database Size
- NOSQL Patterns
- Persistent Trees in git, Clojure and CouchDB
- CouchDB – JSON and B-trees and REST, oh my!
- PouchDB – Attachments are overrated – “Update: since this post was written, the stability and performance of attachments in PouchDB has greatly improved. …”
- Cloudant – Attachments Performance Considerations
- Are attachments duplicated for each revision? – Mailing list discussion about attachments across revisions.
- Simple CouchDB and Cloudant Backup – Article on IBM about backups.
- Cloudant Backup Guide – Cloudant docs on backups.
- Bitnami CouchDB – Bitnami makes it easy to run CouchDB in the cloud.