Community driven list of database tools
Here we will collect information about awesome useful and awesome experimental tools that simplify working with databases for DBA, DevOps, Developers and mere mortals.
- GUI Managers/Clients
- CLI tools
- DB-schema navigation and visualization
- Migration tools
- Code generation tools
- Backup tools
- Replication/Data operation
- Configuration Tuning
- Schema samples
- Code formatters
- AnySQL Maestro – Premier multi-purpose admin tool for database management, control and development.
- Aqua Data Studio – Aqua Data Studio is productivity software for Database Developers, DBAs, and Analysts.
- Database .net – Multiple database management tool with support for 20+ databases.
- DataGrip – Cross-Platform IDE for Databases & SQL by JetBrains.
- DBeaver – Free universal database manager and SQL client.
- dbForge Studio for MySQL – Universal IDE for MySQL and MariaDB database development, management, and administration.
- dbForge Studio for Oracle – Powerful IDE for Oracle management, administration, and development.
- dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL – GUI tool for managing and developing databases and objects.
- dbForge Studio for SQL Server – Powerful integrated development environment for SQL Server development, management, administration, data analysis, and reporting.
- IBExpert – Comprehensive GUI tool for Firebird and InterBase.
- HeidiSQL – A lightweight client for managing MySQL, MSSQL and PostgreSQL, written in Delphi.
- MySQL Workbench – MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs.
- Navicat – A database development tool that allows you to simultaneously connect to MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQLite databases from a single application.
- Oracle SQL Developer – Oracle SQL Developer is a free, integrated development environment that simplifies the development and management of Oracle Database in both traditional and Cloud deployments.
- pgAdmin – The most popular and feature rich Open Source administration and development platform for PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source database in the world.
- pgAdmin3 – Long Term Support for pgAdmin3.
- PL/SQL Developer – IDE that is specifically targeted at the development of stored program units for Oracle Databases.
- PostgreSQL Maestro – Complete and powerful database management, admin and development tool for PostgreSQL.
- Toad – Toad is the premier database solution for developers, admins and data analysts. Manage complex database changes with a single database management tool.
- Toad Edge – Simplified database development tool for MySQL and Postgres.
- TOra – TOra is an open source SQL IDE for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL dbs.
- Valentina Studio – Create, administer, query and explore Valentina DB, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and SQLite databases for FREE.
- Adminer – Database management in a single PHP file.
- DbVisualizer – Universal database tool for developers, DBAs and analysts.
- HouseOps – Enterprise ClickHouse Ops UI for you run querys, monitoring ClickHouse health and make a lot of others thinks.
- JackDB – Direct SQL access to all your data, no matter where it lives.
- OmniDB – Web tool for database management.
- Pgweb – Web-based database browser for PostgreSQL, written in Go and works on macOS, Linux and Windows machines.
- phpLiteAdmin – Web-based SQLite database admin tool written in PHP with support for SQLite3 and SQLite2.
- phpMyAdmin – A web interface for MySQL and MariaDB.
- psequel – PSequel provides a clean and simple interface for you to perform common PostgreSQL tasks quickly.
- PopSQL – Modern, collaborative SQL editor for your team.
- Postico – A Modern PostgreSQL Client for the Mac.
- Robo 3T – Robo 3T (formerly Robomongo) is a shell-centric cross-platform MongoDB management tool.
- Sequel Pro – Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL & MariaDB databases.
- SQL Operations Studio – A data management tool that enables working with SQL Server, Azure SQL DB and SQL DW from Windows, macOS and Linux.
- SQLite Expert – Graphical interface supports all SQLite features.
- sqlpad – Web-based SQL editor run in your own private cloud.
- SQLPro – A simple, powerful Postgres manager for macOS.
- SQuirreL – Graphical SQL client written in Java that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands etc.
- SQLTools – Database management for VSCode.
- SQLyog – The most complete and easy to use MySQL GUI.
- Tabix – SQL Editor & Open source simple business intelligence for Clickhouse.
- TablePlus – Modern, native, and friendly GUI tool for relational databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite & more.
- TeamPostgreSQL – PostgreSQL Web Administration GUI – use your PostgreSQL databases from anywhere, with rich, lightning-fast AJAX web interface.
- ipython-sql – Connect to a database for issue SQL commands within IPython or IPython Notebook.
- iredis – A Cli for Redis with AutoCompletion and Syntax Highlighting.
- pgcenter – Top-like admin tool for PostgreSQL.
- pg_activity – Top like application for PostgreSQL server activity monitoring.
- pg_top – ‘top’ for PostgreSQL.
- pspg – Postgres Pager.
- SQLcl – Oracle SQL Developer Command Line (SQLcl) is a free command line interface for Oracle Database.
- usql – A universal command-line interface for PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle Database, SQLite3, Microsoft SQL Server, and many other databases including NoSQL and non-relational databases!
- athenacli – AthenaCLI is a CLI tool for AWS Athena service that can do auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
- litecli – CLI for SQLite Databases with auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
- mssql-cli – A command-line client for SQL Server with auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
- mycli – A Terminal Client for MySQL with AutoCompletion and Syntax Highlighting.
- pgcli – Postgres CLI with autocompletion and syntax highlighting.
- vcli – Vertica CLI with auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
DB-schema navigation and visualization
- dbdiagram.io – Quick and simple tool for help you draw your database relationship diagrams and flow quickly using simple DSL language.
- ERAlchemy – Entity Relation Diagrams generation tool.
- SchemaCrawler – A free database schema discovery and comprehension tool.
- Schema Spy – Generating your database to HTML documentation, including Entity Relationship diagrams.
- tbls – CI-Friendly tool for document a database, written in Go.
- Navicat Data Modeler – A powerful and cost-effective database design tool which helps you build high-quality conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler – Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler is a free graphical tool that enhances productivity and simplifies data modeling tasks.
- pgmodeler – Data modeling tool designed for PostgreSQL.
- 2bass – Database configuration-as-code tool that utilizes concept of idempotent DDL scripts.
- flyway – Database migration tool.
- gh-ost – Online schema migration for MySQL.
- liquibase – Database-independent library for tracking, managing and applying database schema changes.
- migra – Like diff but for PostgreSQL schemas.
- node-pg-migrate – Node.js database migration management built exclusively for postgres. (But can also be used for other DBs conforming to SQL standard – e.g. CockroachDB.)
- Prisma Migrate – Declarative database schema migration tool that uses a declarative data modeling syntax to describe your database schema.
- Pyrseas – Provides utilities to describe a PostgreSQL database schema as YAML.
- SchemaHero – A Kubernetes operator for declarative database schema management (gitops for database schemas).
- Sqitch – Sensible database-native change management for framework-free development and dependable deployment.
- yuniql – Yet another schema versioning and migration tool just made with native .NET Core 3.0+ and hopefully better.
Code generation tools
- ddl-generator – Infers SQL DDL (Data Definition Language) from table data.
- scheme2ddl – Command line util for export Oracle schema to set of ddl init scripts with ability to filter undesirable information, separate DDL in different files, pretty format output.
- DreamFactory – A open source REST API backend for mobile, web, and IoT applications.
- FBSQL Frontend Backend SQL – Work (secure) with your backend database within HTML.
- Hasura GraphQL Engine – Blazing fast, instant realtime GraphQL APIs on Postgres with fine grained access control, also trigger webhooks on database events.
- jl-sql – SQL for JSON and CSV streams.
- mysql_fdw – PostgreSQL foreign data wrapper for MySQL.
- Oracle REST Data Services – A mid-tier Java application, ORDS maps HTTP(S) verbs (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.) to database transactions and returns any results formatted using JSON.
- Prisma – Prisma turns your database into a realtime GraphQL API.
- PostgREST – REST API for any Postgres database.
- prest – Is a way to serve a RESTful API from any databases written in Go.
- restSQL – SQL generator with Java and HTTP APIs, uses a simple RESTful HTTP API with XML or JSON serialization.
- resquel – Easily convert your SQL database into a REST API.
- sandman2 – Automatically generate a RESTful API service for your legacy database.
- sql-boot – Advanced REST and UI wrapper for your SQL-queries.
- pgbackrest – Reliable PostgreSQL Backup & Restore.
- BaRMan – Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL.
- Datasette – A tool for exploring and publishing data.
- dtle – Distributed Data Transfer Service for MySQL.
- pgsync – Sync Postgres data between databases.
- pg_chameleon – MySQL to PostgreSQL replica system written in Python 3. The system use the library mysql-replication to pull the row images from MySQL which are stored into PostgreSQL as JSONB.
- PGDeltaStream – A Golang webserver to stream Postgres changes atleast-once over websockets, using Postgres logical decoding feature.
- repmgr – The Most Popular Replication Manager for PostgreSQL.
- pgx_scripts – A collection of useful little scripts for database analysis and administration, created by our team at PostgreSQL Experts.
- pgsql-bloat-estimation – Queries to mesure statistical bloat in indexes and tables for PostgreSQL.
- pgWikiDont – SQL test that checks if your database follows rules from https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don’t_Do_This.
- pg-utils – Useful PostgreSQL utilities.
- Postgres cheat sheet – Useful SQL-scripts and commands by <timescale.com>.
- postgres_dba – The missing set of useful tools for Postgres DBAs and all engineers.
- postgres_queries_and_commands.sql – Useful PostgreSQL Queries and Commands.
- TPT – These sqlplus scripts are for Oracle Database performance optimization & troubleshooting.
- ASH Viewer – Provides a graphical view of active session history data within the Oracle and PostgreSQL DB.
- Monyog – Agentless & Cost-effective MySQL Monitoring Tool.
- mssql-monitoring – Monitor your SQL Server on Linux performance using collectd, InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Navicat Monitor – A safe, simple and agentless remote server monitoring tool that is packed with powerful features to make your monitoring effective as possible.
- Percona Monitoring and Management – Open source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL and MongoDB performance.
- pganalyze collector – Pganalyze statistics collector for gathering PostgreSQL metrics and log data.
- postgres-checkup – New-generation diagnostics tool that allows users to do a deep analysis of the health of Postgres databases.
- postgres_exporter – Prometheus exporter for PostgreSQL server metrics.
- pgDash – Measure and track every aspect of your PostgreSQL databases.
- PgHero – A performance dashboard for Postgres – health checks, suggested indexes, and more.
- pgmetrics – Collect and display information and stats from a running PostgreSQL server.
- pgMustard – A user interface for Postgres explain plans, plus tips to improve performance.
- pgstats – Collects PostgreSQL statistics, and either saves them in CSV files or print them on the stdout.
- pgwatch2 – Flexible self-contained PostgreSQL metrics monitoring/dashboarding solution.
- Telegraf PostgreSQL plugin – Provides metrics for your postgres database.
- Mamonsu – Monitoring agent for PostgreSQL.
- Orabbix – Orabbix is a plugin designed to work with Zabbix Enterprise Monitor to provide multi-tiered monitoring, performance and availability reporting and measurement for Oracle Databases, along with server performance metrics.
- pg_monz – This is the Zabbix monitoring template for PostgreSQL Database.
- Pyora – Python script to monitor Oracle Databases.
- ZabbixDBA – ZabbixDBA is fast, flexible, and continuously developing plugin to monitor your RDBMS.
- DbFit – A database testing framework that supports easy test-driven development of your database code.
- RegreSQL – Regression Testing your SQL queries.
- Databene Benerator – It is a framework for generating realistic and valid high-volume test data for your system under test (avoiding the Datalite anti-pattern).
- dbForge Data Generator for MySQL – Powerful GUI tool for creating massive volumes of realistic test data.
- dbForge Data Generator for Oracle – Small but mighty GUI tool for populating Oracle schemas with tons of realistic test data.
- dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server – Powerful GUI tool for a fast generation of meaningful test data for databases.
- pgbadger – A fast PostgreSQL Log Analyzer.
- pgbedrock – Manage a Postgres cluster’s roles, role memberships, schema ownership, and privileges.
- pgslice – Postgres partitioning as easy as pie.
- Citus – Postgres extension that distributes your data and your queries across multiple nodes.
- patroni – A template for PostgreSQL High Availability with ZooKeeper, etcd, or Consul.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster – A High Scalability Solution for MySQL Clustering and High Availability.
- stolon – Cloud native PostgreSQL manager for PostgreSQL high availability.
- pg_auto_failover – Postgres extension and service for automated failover and high-availability.
- pglookout – PostgreSQL replication monitoring and failover daemon.
- PostgreSQL Automatic Failover – High-Availibility for Postgres, based on industry references Pacemaker and Corosync.
- postgresql_cluster – PostgreSQL High-Availability Cluster (based on “Patroni” and “DCS(etcd)”). Automating deployment with Ansible.
- Vitess – Database clustering system for horizontal scaling of MySQL through generalized sharding.
- KubeDB – Making running production-grade databases easy on Kubernetes.
- Postgres operator – The Postgres Operator enables highly-available PostgreSQL clusters on Kubernetes (K8s) powered by Patroni.
- Spilo – HA PostgreSQL Clusters with Docker.
- StackGres – Enterprise-grade, Full Stack PostgreSQL on Kubernetes.
- MySQLTuner-perl – Script written in Perl that allows you to review a MySQL installation quickly and make adjustments to increase performance and stability.
- PGConfigurator – Free online tool to generate an optimized
- pgtune – PostgreSQL configuration wizard.
- postgresqltuner.pl – Simple script to analyse your PostgreSQL database configuration, and give tuning advice.
- DBmaestro – DBmaestro accelerates release cycles & supports agility across the entire IT ecosystem.
- Toad DevOps Toolkit – Toad DevOps Toolkit executes key database development functions within your DevOps workflow —without compromising quality, performance or reliability.
- Oracle Database Sample Schemas – Oracle Database Sample Schemas.
- Poli – An easy-to-use SQL reporting application built for SQL lovers.
- DBdeployer – Tool that deploys MySQL database servers easily.
- dbatools – PowerShell module that you may think of like a command-line SQL Server Management Studio.
- Postgres.app – Full-featured PostgreSQL installation packaged as a standard Mac app.
- BigSQL – A developer-friendly distribution of Postgres.
- Elephant Shed – Web-based PostgreSQL management front-end that bundles several utilities and applications for use with PostgreSQL.
- Acra – Database security suite. Database proxy with field-level encryption, search through encrypted data, SQL injections prevention, intrusion detection, honeypots. Supports client-side and proxy-side (“transparent”) encryption. SQL, NoSQL.
- CodeBuff – Language-agnostic pretty-printing through machine learning.