Courses & TutorialsProgramming
Awesome Dev Fun – Massive Collection of Resources
A curated list of fun libs/packages/languages that have no real purpose but to make a developer chuckle.
- Esoteric languages
- Browser extensions
- Stevie Wonder Simulator – Feel for a moment as the great Stevie Wonder with this simulator for Android.
- Mindf@*k Keyboard – Terrible terrible soft-keyboard that randomises keys on every press.
- holdr – Solves the problem of knowing when you’re holding your phone.
- DICSS – Directly injected CSS.
- CSS-Only Chat – A truly monstrous async web chat using no JS whatsoever on the frontend.
- OOP – OOP in Elixir!
- gomatrix – Connect to The Matrix and display it’s data streams in your terminal.
- codeometer – It measures your code in real world units of measurement also comparing the evaluated distance to famous places and monuments. Codeometer supports plain code files, zipped files and remote git repos. Doing all stuff as a straightforward command line tool or as a web tool through its embedded httpd (tls supported).
- hackertyper – “Hack” like a programmer in movies and games!
- retina-spacer-gif – Spacer gif for retina displays.
- FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition – A no-nonsense implementation of FizzBuzz made by serious businessmen for serious business purposes.
- ComcastifyJS – Sometimes images just load too damned fast.
- Elevator.js – Finally, a “back to top” button that behaves like a real elevator.
- Echochamber.js – Commenting without the comments – providing a single-sided user comments just stored in local storage.
- Autocomplete from Stack Overflow – Autocomplete your JS from Stack Overflow.
- Object.toSting() – Logs an image of Sting to the development console.
- Batonnet.js – Universal, intercultural and user-friendly way to display numbers.
- HTML9 Responsive Boilerstrap JS – H9RBS.js (v0.0001) is a flexible, dependency-free, lightweight, device-agnostic, modular, baked-in, component framework MVC library shoelacestrap to help you kickstart your responsive CSS-based app architecture backbone kitchensink tweetybirds.
- fattest-cat – Script to find fattest cat currently up for adoption at SF SPCA.
- fartscroll.js – Everyone farts. And now your web pages can too.
- Groot Ipsum – Generates random texts containing “I am Groot”.
- cannot-even – A module that refuses to even.
- undefined-is-a-function – “undefined is not a function”? — It is now!
- is-thirteen – Check if a number is equal to 13.
- Pettier – Prettier config that randomizes options and arbitrarily switches between spaces and tabs 🙄
- not-paid.js – Add opacity to the body tag and increase it every day until their site completely fades away. 💸
- Popup Trombone – A trombone you play by resizing a pop-up window. 🎺
- eslint-plugin-replyguy – The ESLint plugin you definitely didn’t ask for.
- HTPL Compiler – HTPL is a programming language based on HTML.
- Phpunit VW – VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- PyTest-VW – VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- left-pad – Python’s solution to infamous npm problem.
- Like-my-GF – This is an auto-robot to like your girlfriend’s post on Instagram.
- RoastBot – A chatbot that insults its user.
- ErrorFlow – Lightweight version of TensorFlow with the same functionality: It never works and only outputs errors.
- Nyan Cat RSpec Formatter – Nyan Cat inspired RSpec formatter!
- Base – The universal Base class you’ve always wanted.
- Table Flipper – Add table flip to Ruby exceptions.
- Cat Facts – Adds random cat facts to HTTP response headers. 🐈
- ArnoldC – Arnold Schwarzenegger based programming language.
- TrumpScript – Make Python great again.
- Vigil – Vigil, the eternal morally vigilant programming language.
- Spooky – The Programming Language of Fear 🌚.
- OnlyToday – A date and time based programming language.
- Rockstar – A dynamically typed computer programming language, designed for creating programs that are also song lyrics.
- strategic-communication – A best-of-breed language with a holistic approach to moving the needle.
- Fuck off as a Service – Provides a modern, RESTful, scalable solution to the common problem of telling people to fuck off.
Booleans as a Service – Create, read, update & delete boolean.
- /dev/null as a Service – The first DaaS provider.
- Corporate Bullshit/Buzzword Generator API – Corporate bullshit generator that randomly picks out phrases, which can help your application get ahead in an industry where spin, buzzwords and vagueness reign supreme.
- shoutcloud.io – ALL CAPS AS A SERVICE. ⬆️
- Make My Link Longer – The URL-elongator you’ve always needed.
- eafd – When you just don’t have the words. Snoop does. Vulgar audio generator (or not vulgar, just a 🦃)
- Cloud to butt – Chrome extension that replaces occurrences of ‘the cloud’ with ‘my butt’.
- Outcognito Mode – Incognito Mode for extroverts.
- NonAd Block – Blocks any content that is not an ad.
- Youtube Notch Mode – Youtube Notch Mode is a chrome extension that adds the ugly, black cut out seen at the top of the iPhone X to every Youtube video. Why? Because it’s more beautiful.
- Github XP – Microsoft + GitHub = ❤️. Make it official by giving your GitHub experience some Windows XP flair.
- Netflix Hangouts – Watch Netflix at work by making it look like you’re on a conference call.
- Pong-command – Pong is Not Ping.
- Alice – Alice sings when you mistakenly type al.
- cmprss – IrrvrsbleCmprssionForTxt.
- lolcat – Rainbows and unicorns!
- evil.sh – Subtle and not-so-subtle shell tweaks that will slowly drive people insane.
- lolcommits – Git-based selfies for software developers.
- sl – SL (Steam Locomotive) runs across your terminal when you type “sl” as you meant to type “ls”.
- genact – 🌀 A nonsense activity generator for your shell.
- fat – Expand your files.
- No More Secrets – A command line tool that recreates the famous data decryption effect seen in the 1992 movie Sneakers.
- sudont – Grants superuser permission, then does nothing.
- Sudo-Productivity – Boost your “productivity” to the max! A productivity suite made for slackers by slackers.
- pipes.sh – Animated pipes terminal screensaver.
- Chucknorris – A Chuck Norris fortune plugin for ZSH.
- git-blame-someone-else – Blame someone else for your bad code.
- cmatrix – Make it digital rain in your terminal like The Matrix.
- Gosleap – Make Ryan Gosling jump across your screen.
- nSnake – Snake game in terminal!
- tra.sh – tra.sh in your terminal!
- No Code – The best way to write secure and reliable applications. Write nothing; deploy nowhere.
- Volkswagen – 🙈 Volkswagen detects when your tests are being run in a CI server, and makes them pass.
- Terraform for Dominos – The Terraform plugin for the Dominos Pizza provider.
- Filefile – File to keep track of all the files you have in your repo that end in “file” eg. Filefile.
- Xkcd Excuse – The easiest way to get your slacking excuse in hip xkcd format!
- Shrugapillar.js – A library for generating shrugapillars.
- quinedb – A quine that is also a key-value store. Breaking down the walls between code and data.
- πfs – π contains every possible digit sequence in existence. I’m sure your data is in there somewhere.
- parrot.live – 🐦 Bringing animated parrots to terminals everywhere.
- Slack Typing – A very good program that makes it so it says I’m typing when anyone else is typing.
- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee – eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (archiveeeeeeeeeed).