A curated list of awesome DigitalOcean guides, blogs, and other resources.
DigitalOcean’s tagline is it is a simple and robust cloud computing platform, designed for developers. With DigitalOcean you can easily spin up cloud compute and storage resources either indivdually or with a team.
Contributions welcome. Add links through pull requests or create an issue to start a discussion.
- Configuration management
- Developer documentation
- Open source projects
- Commercial integrations
- Community OSS projects
- Video tutorials
- Using Ansible with DigitalOcean
- Ansible Cloud Modules – DigitalOcean
- Terraform – DigitalOcean Provider
- DigitalOcean in Action! – Example repo for using DigitalOcean with Terraform and Ansible.
- Use DigitalOcean as Dynamic DNS
- Spaces API
- Droplet Metadata
- Official DO Release Notes – Notes tracking incremental improvements and major releases for the DigitalOcean cloud platform.
- DigitalOcean API Slugs
Open source projects
- Open Source @ DigitalOcean
- Doctl – Official command-line interface for the DigitalOcean API.
- HostLaunch – Launch a hosting company based on DigitalOcean and ServerPilot.
- SimpleBackups – Tool for scheduling DigitalOcean backups (files & databases) on auto-pilot.
- SnapShooter – Tool for taking Daily to Hourly backups of Droplets and Volumes
- Weap.io – Hourly to Daily DigitalOcean backups. Tool for scheduling more frequent DigitalOcean backups
Community OSS projects
- do-sshuttle – Transparent Proxying via sshuttle to DigitalOcean Droplet.
- drophosts – Update
/etc/hostswith peer droplets.
- droplan – Manage iptable rules for the private interface on DigitalOcean droplets.
- foreman-digitalocean – Plugin to enable management of DigitalOcean droplets in Foreman.
- lita-digitalocean – Lita handler for managing DigitalOcean services.
- hostpool – Worker pool manager for DigitalOcean hosts.
- DDNS – Personal DDNS client with DigitalOcean Networking DNS as backend.
- Less Confusing Menus – A Chrome extension that makes account menus less confusing.
- DigitalOcean Droplet creator – A dialog-based shell script to quickly create a single DigitalOcean Droplet.
- do-upgrade-plans – A script to upgrade your DigitalOcean Droplets to better plans with the same cost.
- doctl – Command-line tool for DigitalOcean services.
- digitalocean-indicator – Debian Gnome panel client.
- domanager – Linux and Windows System Tray Client.
- OceanBar – macOS menu bar client.
- Tugboat – Ruby command-line tool for DigitalOcean services, focusing on a more guided UX.