Awesome Erlang – Massive Collection of Resources
- Awesome Erlang
- Package Management
- Release Management
- Configuration Management
- Codebase Maintenance
- Web Frameworks
- Web Framework Components
- Distributed Systems
- Code Analysis
- Build Tools
- Date and Time
- ORM and Datamapping
- Text and Numbers
- REST and API
- Third Party APIs
- Internet of Things
- Algorithms and Datastructures
- Translations and Internationalizations
- Other Awesome Lists
Libraries and tools for package and dependency management.
- hex.pm – A package manager for the Erlang ecosystem.
Libraries and tools for release management.
- relx – A release assembler for Erlang.
Libraries and tools related to configuration management.
- stillir – Cache environment variables as Erlang app variables.
Libraries and tools to maintain a clean codebase.
- elvis – Erlang Style Reviewer.
Web development frameworks.
- Axiom – A micro-framework, inspired by Ruby’s Sinatra.
- ChicagoBoss – A server framework inspired by Rails and written in Erlang.
- cowboy – A simple HTTP server.
- Giallo – A small and flexible web framework on top of Cowboy.
- MochiWeb – An Erlang library for building lightweight HTTP servers.
- N2O – WebSocket Application Server.
- Nitrogen – Framework to build web applications (including front-end) in pure Erlang.
- Zotonic – High speed, real-time web framework and content management system.
Web Framework Components
Standalone component from web development frameworks.
- cb_admin – An admin interface for Chicago Boss.
- cb_websocket_controller – A template for implementing a Websocket controller for ChicagoBoss.
- giallo_session – A session management library for the Giallo web framework.
- simple_bridge – An abstraction layer providing a unified interface to popular Erlang web servers (Cowboy, Inets, Mochiweb, Webmachine, and Yaws).
Libraries for working with HTTP and scraping websites.
- bullet – Simple, reliable, efficient streaming for Cowboy.
- gun – Erlang HTTP client with support for HTTP/1.1, SPDY and Websocket.
- hackney – Simple HTTP client in Erlang.
- ibrowse – Erlang HTTP client.
- lhttpc – A lightweight HTTP/1.1 client implemented in Erlang.
- shotgun – For the times you need more than just a gun.
Libraries for testing codebases and generating test data.
- PropEr – A QuickCheck-inspired property-based testing tool for Erlang.
- tracerl – Dynamic tracing tests and utilities for Erlang/OTP
Libraries for generating and working with log files.
- lager – A logging framework for Erlang/OTP.
- lager_amqp_backend – AMQP RabbitMQ Lager backend.
- lager_hipchat – HipChat backend for lager.
- lager_loggly – Loggly backend for lager.
- lager_smtp – SMTP backend for lager.
- lager_slack – Simple Slack backend for lager.
- logplex – Heroku log router.
Libraries for gathering metrics and monitoring.
- entop – A top-like Erlang node monitoring tool.
- eper – A loose collection of Erlang Performance related tools.
- Exometer – An Erlang instrumentation package.
- folsom – An Erlang based metrics system inspired by Coda Hale’s metrics.
- statsderl – A statsd Erlang client.
- vmstats – Tiny Erlang app that works in conjunction with statsderl in order to generate information on the Erlang VM for graphite logs.
Libraries and tools related to deployment of Erlang/OTP applications.
- docker-erlang – Basic Docker Container Images for Erlang/OTP.
Tools for stress/load testing, latency issues, etc. across microservices.
- Typhoon – Stress and load testing tool for distributed systems that simulates traffic from a test cluster toward a system-under-test (SUT) and visualizes related latencies.
Libraries and tools for analysing, parsing and manipulation codebases.
- Concuerror – Concuerror is a systematic testing tool for concurrent Erlang programs.
- eflame – A Flame Graph profiler for Erlang.
- geas – Geas is a tool that will detect the runnable official Erlang release window for your project, including its dependencies and provides many useful informations.
Project build and automation tools.
- rebar – Erlang build tool that makes it easy to compile and test Erlang applications, port drivers and releases.
- rebar3 – A build tool for Erlang which can manage Erlang packages from Hex.pm. See more at rebar3.org
- sync – On-the-fly recompiling for Erlang.
Libraries for geocoding addresses and working with latitudes and longitudes.
- erl-rstar – An Erlang implementation of the R*-tree spacial data structure.
- GeoCouch – A spatial extension for Couchbase and Apache CouchDB.
- Teles – An Erlang network service for manipulating geographic data.
Libraries and tools for debugging code and applications.
- tx – An HTML Erlang term viewer, starts own webserver and displays any term you give it from your Erlang node.
Libraries and tools for working with actors and such.
- poolboy – A hunky Erlang worker pool factory.
Date and Time
Libraries for working with dates and times.
- erlang_localtime – Erlang library for conversion from one local time to another.
- qdate – Erlang date, time, and timezone management: formatting, conversion, and date arithmetic.
ORM and Datamapping
Libraries that implement object-relational mapping or datamapping techniques.
- boss_db – A sharded, caching, pooling, evented ORM for Erlang.
- epgsql – PostgreSQL Driver for Erlang.
- mysql-otp – MySQL/OTP – MySQL driver for Erlang/OTP.
- pgsql_migration – PostgreSQL migrations for Erlang.
Libraries for working with event and task queues.
- dq – Distributed Fault Tolerant Queue library.
- ebqueue – Tiny simple blocking queue in erlang.
- pqueue – Erlang Priority Queues.
- tinymq – A diminutive, in-memory message queue for Erlang.
Libraries for implementing authentications schemes.
- oauth2 – Erlang Oauth2 implementation.
Text and Numbers
Libraries for parsing and manipulating text and numbers.
- ejsv – Erlang JSON schema validator.
- eql – Erlang with SQL or not.
- jiffy – JSON NIFs for Erlang.
- jsx – An erlang application for consuming, producing and manipulating json.
- miffy – Jiffy wrapper which returns pretty maps.
- qsp – Enhanced query string parser for Erlang.
- rec2json – Generate JSON encoder/decoder from record specs.
REST and API
Libraries and web tools for developing REST-ful APIs.
- leptus – Leptus is an Erlang REST framework that runs on top of cowboy.
- rooster – rooster is a lightweight REST framework that runs on top of mochiweb.
Libraries for caching data.
- cache – In-memory Segmented Cache
Third Party APIs
Libraries for accessing third party APIs.
- google-token-erlang – Google ID token verifier for Erlang.
- restc – An Erlang REST client
- oauth2c – An Erlang oAuth 2 client (uses restc)
Libraries and tools for using network related stuff.
- barrel_tcp – barrel_tcp is a generic TCP acceptor pool with low latency in Erlang.
- gen_rpc – A scalable RPC library for Erlang-VM based languages.
- gen_tcp_server – A library that takes the concept of gen_server and introduces the same mechanics for operating a TCP server.
- gossiperl – Language agnostic gossip middleware and message bus written in Erlang.
- nat_upnp – Erlang library to map your internal port to an external using UNP IGD.
- ranch – Socket acceptor pool for TCP protocols.
Internet of Things
Libraries and tools for interacting with the physical world.
- GRiSP – Run the Erlang VM on an IoT board with many hardware interfaces and low-level drivers using a small realtime unikernel called RTEMS
- lemma_erlang – A lemma for IDEO’s Noam internet-of-things prototyping platform.
Algorithms and Datastructures
Libraries and implementations of algorithms and datastructures.
- datum – A pure functional and generic programming for Erlang
- erlando – A set of syntax extensions like currying and monads for Erlang.
- statebox – Erlang state “monad” with merge/conflict-resolution capabilities.
- riak_dt – Erlang library of state based CRDTs.
Translations and Internationalizations
Libraries providing translations or internationalizations.
Useful libraries or tools that don’t fit in the categories above.
- erlang-history – Hacks to add shell history to Erlang’s shell.
- erld – erld is a small program designed to solve the problem of running Erlang programs as a UNIX daemon.
Various resources, such as books, websites and articles, for improving your Erlang development skills and knowledge.
Useful web and Erlang-related websites and newsletters.
- Erlang Bookmarks – All about erlang programming language [powerd by community].
- Erlang Central – An awesome collections of erlang resource along with live community chat for discussing and seeking help.
- Planet Erlang – Planet site/RSS feed of blog posts covering topics across the Erlang ecosystem.
- Spawned Shelter – Erlang Spawned Shelter. A collection of the best articles, videos and presentations related to Erlang.
Fantastic books and e-books.
- Erlang and Elixir for Imperative Programmers – Introduction to Erlang and Elixir in the context of functional concepts by Wolfgang Loder (2016)
- Learn You Some Erlang – Learn you some Erlang – for great good! A very thorough resource covering everything from beginning Erlang programming to large-scale development and deployment.
- Stuff Goes Bad – ERLANG IN ANGER – This book intends to be a little guide about how to be the Erlang medic in a time of war.
General web-development-related reading materials.
Erlang-releated reading materials.
- The Joy of Erlang; Or, How To Ride A Toruk – The Joy of Erlang; Or, How To Ride A Toruk A fast track introduction to Erlang that teaches the language by walking through a few example projects.
Cool video tutorials.