Looking for third-party programming language support in Godot?
- Plugins and scripts
- GDScript editor support
- Godot script editor syntax themes
- Unofficial Godot builds
Games that use Godot.
- Blipshift – Simple top-down moving platforms game (Godot 3.1).
- BlockPop – A simple Breakout clone (Godot 2.1).
- Bombs – Simple mobile game. You need to touch bombs to defuse them (Godot 2.1).
- Breakable – A breakout-like game (Godot 3.0).
- Captain Holetooth – Explorative platformer in a detailed world. Geared towards younger players (Godot 2.1).
- Circle Jump – Mobile arcade game, addicting and enjoyable. How-to-made tutorial is available, so you can recreate it yourself and learn Godot (Godot 3.1).
- Dolphin Island 2 – Platformer game made for the A Game By It’s Cover 2015 Game Jam (Godot 2.1).
- DynaDungeons – Bomberman clone in a fantasy universe (Godot 2.1).
- Haldric – Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Battle for Wesnoth (Godot 3.1).
- Kraken-Rampage – Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours (Godot 2.1).
- Librerama – A free/libre fast-paced arcade collection of mini-games (Godot 3.2).
- Memory Game – Simple Memory game (Godot 3.0).
- Minehunter – A Minesweeper clone (Godot 2.1).
- Minilens – Free puzzle platform game (Godot 2.1).
- Mountain of Hope – Game made on Theater Game Jam (PGA 2015) (Godot 2.1).
- Ninja-Training – Small running game done as 1 hour challenge (Godot 2.1).
- No hope – Ludum Dare 33 entry made in 48 hours (Godot 2.1).
- Planet Rider – 2D physics parkour game in an alien environment (Godot 2.1).
- Platshoot – A 2D shooter game (Godot 2.1).
- Ringed – Top-down shooter with extensive usage of light effects (Godot 2.1).
- SealedBite – 2D platformer game, winner of the GitHub Game Off 2019 jam (Godot 3.1).
- spindle of serendipity – Word guessing game with customizable entries (Godot 3.2).
- SuperStarfighter – Fast-paced local party game with starships that battle in a top-down arena (Godot 3.1).
- Tanks of Freedom – Free turn-based isometric strategy game (Godot 2.1).
- Three Hungry Mice – Breakout game with mice made for the Godot Engine Jam of March 2016 (Godot 2.1).
- TuxBuilder – Work-in-progress reimplementation of SuperTux (Godot 3.1).
- Unknown Horizons – Official work-in-progress reimplementation of Unknown Horizons (Godot 3.1).
- Broken Seals – A work-in-progress third person action RPG with multiplayer support (Godot 3.2 – needs custom engine modules).
- Cheese Hunter – A game for Godot Engine Jam of March 2016 (Godot 2.1).
- Meteorite – A lowres metroidvania FPS, inspired by Metroid Prime, made for LOWREZJAM 2018 (Godot 3.0).
- Rapid Rescue – Rapid Rescue is a local multiplayer strategy game inspired by Labyrinth (Godot 3.1).
- Super Tux Party – A free/libre and open-source party game that is meant to replicate the feel of games such as Mario Party (Godot 3.2).
- Thrive – A free, open-source game about the evolution of life.
Non-game projects made with Godot (tools/utilities).
- Godello – A Trello-like kanban board application made with Godot. A proof of concept for complex non-game applications with Godot, as well real-time online interactions between multiple users. Includes backend code (Godot 3.2).
- Material Maker – Create PBR materials procedurally (similar to Substance Designer) (Godot 3.2).
- Pixelorama – 2D pixel art editor (Godot 3.2).
Projects to use as a base for your own games.
- First Person Starter – Template with First Person Controller, easily adjustable from the Inspector (Godot 3.2).
- Godot-GameTemplate – Template with all necessary stuff taken care of. Designed for pixel art games (Godot 3.1).
- Multiplayer First Person Shooter – Multiplayer first person shooter example project (Godot 3.2).
- Multiplayer Third Person Shooter – Multiplayer third person shooter example project (Godot 3.2).
Demos to learn GDScript, its concepts, and various game features.
- FPS Test – A singleplayer FPS test. Physics work, but there are no enemies and no proper shooting (Godot 2.1).
- Open Source A-RPG Demo – RPG demo (Godot 3.0).
- OpenRPG – JRPG-style game demo and template (Godot 3.1).
- Pathfinding 2d – A demo project demonstrating pathfinding using a tilemap (Godot 2.1).
- Realistic Water Shader – Realistic 3D water shader with foam and caustics (Godot 3.1).
- The Tower – A voxel-based parkour game to show the capabilities of the Voxelman module (Godot 3.2).
- UDP Snapshot interpolation – Lets you connect to a server and view networked physics (Godot 2.1).
- UDP State synchronization – A more efficient networking demo than the snapshot interpolation one (Godot 2.1).
- Voxel Game – Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo (Godot 2.1).
- voxelgame – Minecraft-like voxel terrain demo, utilising the godot_voxel module (Godot 3.1).
A more complete list can be found in
this Reddit thread.
- Official Getting Started Guide (Godot 2.1, 3.0, 3.1)
- Getting Started with Godot by devga.me – A step-by-step introduction (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Multiplayer Tutorials – Tutorials for creating a client-server multiplayer game. Includes a tutorial for hosting a server on Google Compute Platform (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Recipes – A collection of text tutorials for from beginner to advanced. (Godot 3.x)
- Bastiaan Olij’s channel – Tutorials about 3D, shaders, VR and GDNative (Godot 3.x).
- Bitwes’s channel – TDD game development and GUT framework tutorials.
- BornCG’s Creating a Simple 3D Game – Tutorial series about creating a 3D game (Godot 3.1).
- Code with Tom – Learn to code by making games (Godot 3.1).
- From GM:S to Godot (Godot 3.0)
- GDquest – Tutorials about 2D and 3D game development (Godot 2.1, 3.x).
- Game Development Center – Tutorials about 2D and networked multiplayer game development (Godot 3.2).
- HeartBeast – A Godot developer’s diary and tutorials (Godot 3.x).
- KidsCanCode – Tutorials about 2D and 3D game development (Godot 2.1, 3.x).
- Making programs with Godot (Godot 3.1)
- Miziziziz’s channel – Tutorials about 3D effects and replicating concepts from well-known games (Godot 3.0).
Stuff integrated into Godot core (C++).
- Entity Spell System – An entity and spell system for complex (optionally multiplayer) RPGs (Godot 3.2, 4.0).
- FMOD Integration – Module to integrate the FMOD audio engine in Godot.
- godot-anl – A wrapper for Accidental Noise Library with a visual noise editing support.
- godot-apple-id – Module for sign in with Apple in Godot (Godot 3.2).
- godot-python – Python support for Godot 3.
- godot-enet-better – A better ENet module for high-performance multiplayer games with Godot.
- godot-voxel – Module for creating volumetric worlds in Godot Engine.
- Gdnet for Godot 3 – An ENet wrapper for Godot 3.
- GodotSteam – Steam API library binding for Godot. Supports Windows, macOS and Linux (Godot 3.1).
- Head tracking using OpenCV
- Open Adaptive Music Library
- NativeDialogs – Using native dialogs in Godot.
- PortAudio – Wrapper methods and Godot-friendly types to use PortAudio (Godot 3.2).
- RawPacker – Simple binary packing/unpacking for RawArray.
- spine – Spine animation support module.
- Texture Packer – Tools to layer, pack, and merge textures at runtime (Godot 3.2, 4.0).
- Voxelman – A voxel engine with more focus on editor integration, gameplay-related features, and extendability (Godot 3.2, 4.0).
- WaterSplash 2D node
Plugins and scripts
Scripts that let you do new stuff, or enhance Godot functionality.
- Auto Tile Layer – Allows automatic 2D tiling using RPG Maker’s Autotile format (Godot 2.1).
- Camera2D Screen Shake – Screen shake effect for Camera2D.
- Cartographer – Heightmap-based 3D terrain editor (Godot 3.2).
- CRT Shader – Godot shader that simulates CRT displays (Godot 2.1, 3.1).
- Easing Script – A port of the Robert Penner’s equations for easing.
- Escoria – Point & click adventure game framework (Godot 2.1, 3.1).
- FMOD GDNative – Plugin to use the FMOD audio engine in GDScript (Godot 3.1)
- GDGIFExporter – GIF exporter made entirely in GDScript (Godot 3.2).
- gdstats – A library of pseudorandom number generators for common statistical distributions (Godot 3.0).
- gdutils – Utilities for Godot written in GDScript.
- GitHub integration – Interact with GitHub without opening your browser (Godot 3.1).
- godotccd – Fast 3D collision checks in Godot using libccd (Godot 3.2, 3.1).
- godotdetour – A GDNative implementation of the detour/detourcrowd library (Godot 3.2).
- GodotPhoenixChannels – A GDScript and Godot Engine implementation for the Channels API of the Phoenix Framework (Godot 3.1).
- Godot Game Tools – Blender plugin to ease importing assets into Godot.
- Godot Mixing Desk – Make procedural sound and adaptive/procedural music with a few nodes and a couple lines of code (Godot 3.1).
- Godot NExt – A set of basic node extensions (Godot 3.2).
- GodotNotificationCenter – A notification center (Godot 3.1).
- GodotRx – Reactive extensions for Godot C# (Godot 3.2 Mono).
- GodotTIE – Text Interface Engine to control text output (like in a RPG dialogue) (Godot 2.x, 3.x).
- Godot-Trail-System – Advanced 2D/3D trail system (Godot 3.2).
- Grass Plugin – A plugin to handle huge amounts of grass, foliages and other vegetations (Godot 2.1).
- gterm – GUI control that draws something similar to *nix terminal emulators (Godot 2.1).
- GUT – Utility for writing unit tests in GDScript (Godot 3.x).
- InGrid – Infinite scrolling grid (Godot 3.x).
- Level of Detail (LOD) – Level of detail add-on for meshes, lights and particles. Can improve performance in large scenes (Godot 3.2).
- MDFramework – A C# multiplayer framework with additional tools (Godot 3.2 Mono).
- NI mate Motion Capture – Animate Skeletons with a Microsoft Kinect sensor (Godot 3.2).
- Polygon Merge – Merge polygons.
- Qodot – Quake
.mapfile support for Godot. Lets you use TrenchBroom for level design. (Godot 3.2).
- Simplex 2D/3D – Simplex deterministic noise functions.
- Scrolling Background – A scrolling background node (Godot 2.1).
- SMRT-Godot – A dialog system and editor fairly customizable, a nice fit for story-driven games (Godot 3.0).
- SUTjoystick – Easy gamepad support for GNU/Linux and Windows (Godot 2.1).
- Tiled importer – Import maps from Tiled (Godot 3.1).
- Tileset Builder – Build tilesets.
- TileSet Builder – Quickly build tilesets with style (Godot 3.2).
- UI Design Tool – Intuitive design workflow for UIs in the editor (Godot 3.2).
- Volumetrics – Voxel-based volumetric lighting and fog plugin (Godot 3.2).
- VPainter – 3D vertex painting plugin (Godot 3.2).
- Yume Visual Novel Editor – An integrated editor for creating visual novel games (Godot 3.2).
GDScript/C# editor support
Add-ons for text editors that implement GDScript or C# support.
- Atom – Syntax highlighting.
- Emacs – Syntax highlighting, code folding, indentation and autocompletion.
- Geany – Syntax highlighting.
- Gedit – Syntax highlighting.
- IntelliJ IDEA – Syntax highlighting and autocompletion.
- JetBrains Rider (C#) – Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and run configurations.
- Kakoune – Syntax highlighting.
- Sublime Text – Syntax highlighting.
- Vim – Syntax highlighting, autocompletion and linting using the LSP server provided by the Godot editor. Also supports the Godot shader language.
- Visual Studio Code – Comes with a wealth of features to make your programming experience as comfortable as possible.
- godot-tools Visual Studio Code Extension – A complete set of tools to code games with Godot Engine in Visual Studio Code.
- C# Tools for Godot Visual Studio Code Extension – Debugger and utilities for working with Godot C# projects in VSCode.
- GUT Visual Studio Code Extension – Run GUT framework unit/integration tests directly from the Visual Studio Code Editors.
- gdformat Visual Studio Code Extension – Formatter for GDScript in Visual Studio Code (Godot 3.x).
Godot script editor syntax themes
Alternative themes for the built-in script editor.
- base16-godot – All base16 themes.
- Godot syntax themes – 13 syntax themes including Ayu Mirage, Darcula, Gruvbox Dark, Monokai, One Dark, Solarized, and more.
- Syntax themes by Geequlim – Chester, Google Code Light and Monokai.
Unofficial Godot builds
Those builds will let you use recent versions of Godot Git, but they may be less stable than official ones – use at your own risk.
- Calinou’s builds – Mainly master branch, other branches can be found here.
- iFire’s builds – Distributed via Itch.io (automatic updates with app), master branch only.
Other stuff. Bash scripts can be placed in
- build-godot and build-godot-mono – Scripts that build and run Godot, attempting to install dependencies if needed.
- codetranslator – Translates GDScript to C# (WIP).
- gdscript-pp – Translates GDScript to GDNative C++ (WIP).
gd-comnpm package – Communicate with Godot clients using Node.js.
- godot-ci – Docker image to export Godot games through CI. Includes GitLab CI script example.
- godot.sh – Script that automatically downloads and launches latest version of Godot, or compiles and launches the Git
- godot-gdscript-toolkit – Independent set of command line tools for working with GDScript – parser, linter and formatter (Godot 3.x).
- godot-wrapper – Script that helps Debian and Ubuntu users install and use Godot.
- replicate-file.sh – Script to update copies of a file with one master file.
- strip-to-frames.pl – Perl script to split a grid spritesheet image into numbered individual frame files.