- Personal Health Record
- Enterprise Master Patient Index
- Machine Learning
- Asset Management
- Bahmni – Hospital system.
- Cottage Med – Electronic Medical Record software designed by physicians.
- GNU Health – Electronic Medical Record, Hospital Management, and Health Information System.
- GNUmed – Electronic Medical Record software.
- EHRBase OpenEHR Clinical Data Repository
- EHRServer – CaboLabs EHRServer
- ERPNext – ERPNext Healthcare modules helps you manage patients, appointments, consultations and lab tests along with billing
- EtherCIS – Enterprise Clinical Data Repository
- FreeHealth EHR – Electronic Health Record software.
- FreeMedForms EMR – Electronic Medical Record software.
- HospitalRun – HospitalRun is built to provide the most modern Hospital Information System possible to the least resourced environments.
- Hospital OS – Thai Hospital Information System.
- HOSxP – Thai Hospital Information System that aims to ease the healthcare workflow of health centers and central hospitals.
- LibreHealth EHR – Clinically-focused Electronic Health Record System.
- MedinTux – French Medical Practice Management System.
- Odoo Medical – Universal Health and Hospital Information System.
- OpenClinic – Medical Records System.
- OpenEMR – Electronic Health Records and Medical Practice Management application.
- OpenEyes – Electronic Medical Record application for ophthalmology.
- Open Hospital – Electronic Medical Record software for underprivileged rural hospitals.
- openMAXIMS – Full Patient Administration System designed for the NHS.
- OpenMRS – Enterprise Electronic Medical Record System platform.
- OSCAR EMR – OSCAR McMaster Project
- Ripple – NHS funded community led initiative towards an integrated Digital Care Record Platform.
- FHIR – Fast Health Interoperability Resources.
- OpenEHR – Open specification from which software can be built on.
- Open mHealth – Open Standard For Mobile Health Data.
- SMART on FHIR – Open standards based technology platform.
- StandardHealthRecord – Open specification for health record format, aiming to be more precise than existing formats.
- Continuity of Care Document – Continuity of Care Document specifications (free account required).
- Continuity of Care Record – Specifications for the older form of CCD – sometimes called a “C32”.
- HL7 Version 2 – Specifications for all versions of HL7v2 (free account required).
- OHDSI OMOP Common Data Model – Standardized data model for many healthcare concepts, awesome Github presence including scripts for many major relational databases
- Standard Health Record Collaborative – The Standard Health Record (SHR) provides a high quality, computable source of patient information by establishing a single target for health data standardization.
- DICOM Standards Browser – The Innolitics DICOM Standards Browser provides an effective way to learn the DICOM standard and inspect DICOM attributes.
- OpenEP – Suite of medicines management apps that improve the safety and efficiency of prescribing and medicines management.
- open-eObs – Observation and clinical assessment platform that offers a real-time view of all patients across a ward.
- 3D Slicer – Cross-platform application for analyzing, visualizing and understanding medical image data.
- Cornerstone – An open source project with a goal to deliver a complete web based medical imaging platform.
- dcm4che – Clinical Image and Object Management.
- Drishti – Tomography and electron-microscopy data visualizer aimed for scientists and lay people.
- DICOMcloud – a standalone DICOMweb server with RESTful implementation of the DICOMweb/WADO services
- Fiji – Fiji Is Just ImageJ: an open-source platform for biological-image analysis.
- GIMIAS – Extensible image computing and simulation software with an emphasis on specific workflows.
- Horos – Medical image viewer.
- InVesalius – Open source software for reconstruction of computed tomography and magnetic ressonance images.
- ITK – Toolkit used for the development of image segmentation and image registration programs with leading-edge algorithms in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- ITK-SNAP – Interactive software for 3 dimensional image navigation, annotation, and automatic segmentation with an emphasis on user-friendliness.
- LibreHealth Radiology – Customized version of LibreHealth Toolkit with additional tools for radiology and imaging professionals.
- OHIF – OHIF zero-footprint DICOM viewer and oncology specific Lesion Tracker
- OpenREM – Radiation Exposure Monitoring for physicists.
- Orthanc – Lightweight DICOM server for healthcare and medical research.
- VTK – 3 dimensional visualization toolkit supporting a variety of algorithms and modeling techniques.
- OpenELIS – Laboratory Information System for Global Health.
- SENAITE – Laboratory Information Management System.
- API Server – FHIR Server to support patient and clinician-facing apps.
- CareKit – CareKit is an open source software framework for creating apps that help people better understand and manage their health.
- Clinical Meteor project – Meteor for FDA, HIPPA, and HL7 compliant applications.
- FHIRBase – Storage based on the FHIR Standard.
- FHIR Server for Azure – A .NET Core implementation of the FHIR standard.
- IBM FHIR Server – modular Java implementation of version 4 of the HL7 FHIR specification.
- Intervention Engine FHIR Server – Generic FHIR server implementation in GoLang.
- Opal – Framework for building clinical applications.
- ResearchKit – Software framework that makes it easy to create apps for medical research or for other research projects.
- Spark – Public domain FHIR server developed in C#.
- Swift-SMART – Swift SMART on FHIR framework for iOS and OS X.
- Archie – OpenEHR Library written in Java
- Asymmetrik FHIR API Server – A Secure Rest implementation for the HL7 FHIR Specification
- DCMTK – DICOM Toolkit
- dicom – High Performance DICOM Medical Image Parser in Go
- Evil-DICOM – A C# DICOM Library
- Fellow Oak DICOM – DICOM for .NET, .NET Core, Universal Windows, Android, iOS, Mono and Unity
- FHIR .NET API – The official .NET API for HL7 FHIR.
- FHIR protocol buffers – a Google implementation of protocol buffers for FHIR.
- HAPI FHIR – Java API for HL7 FHIR Clients and Servers.
- Hearth – A fast FHIR-compliant server focused on longitudinal data stores.
- Health data standards – Ruby library for generating and consuming various healthcare related formats. These include HITSP C32, QRDA Category I, and QRDA Category III.
- MITK – The Medical Imaging Interaction Toolkit.
- Node HL7 – Node module that is bridged with the Java Hapi HL7 library.
- Node-hl7-parser – Open source version of Redox’s HL7 v2 to schema-fied JSON parser.
- php-fhir – Tools for creating PHP classes from the HL7 FHIR Specification
- pynetdicom – A Python implementation of the DICOM networking protocol
- Python HL7 – Simple library for parsing messages of HL7 version 2.x into Python objects.
- Python SMART on FHIR client – Flexible Python client for FHIR servers supporting the SMART on FHIR protocol
- Ruby FHIR – FHIR client implementation in Ruby.
- Ruby HL7 – Ruby HL7 library.
- Intervention Engine – The Intervention Engine project provides a web-application for data-driven team huddles.
- SMART Pediatric Growth Chart – Pediatric growth charts.
- Tidepool – Data platform to reduce the burden of Type 1 Diabetes.
- HealthLocker – Elixir-based personal health record.
- NextGen Connect Integration Engine – The swiss army knife of healthcare integration.
- OpenHIM – Health information mediator.
- Open Source Mirth Transforms – Open source transforms to make Mirthconnect-based integrations easier.
- echOpen – Low-cost (affordable) echo-stethoscope.
- Gluco – Glucometer.
- Murgen – Ultrasound imaging development kit.
- OpenAPS – The Open Artificial Pancreas System project is an open and transparent effort to make safe and effective basic Artificial Pancreas System.
- ADAM – Genomics analysis platform.
- Bcbio – Validated, scalable, community developed variant calling, RNA-seq and small RNA analysis.
- Galaxy – Open web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research.
- Wregex – Amino acid motif searching software with optional Position-Specific Scoring Matrix.
- Caisis – Oncology research software with a Patient Data Management System.
- Cedar – Open source tool for testing the strength of Electronic Clinical Quality Measure
- cTAKES – Natural Language Processing System for extraction of information from Electronic Medical Record clinical free-text.
- DHIS – District Health Management Information System and data warehouse.
- IHRIS – Health Information System for management of human resources for health.
- Inferno – Open source tool that tests whether patients can access their health data through a standard interface
- OpenSAFELY – A new secure analytics platform for electronic health records in the NHS
- Snow Owl – Highly scalable, open source terminology server with revision-control capabilities and collaborative authoring platform features.
- Synthea Patient Generator – Synthetic patient generator that models the medical history of synthetic patients.
- Medical Data for Machine Learning – A curated list of medical data for machine learning.
- MEDIC Client Registry RI – The Mohawk College MARC-HI/MEDIC Client Registry EMPI Implementation.
- Healthcare.ai – Python and R tools for healthcare machine learning
- HIPAA Compliance Policies – Make compliance as easy as possible for companies working with protected health information.
- Tapirx – Networked medical device discovery and identification.