A curated list of awesome inspectIT documentations and resources.
inspectIT is an open source APM (Application Performance Management) tool for analyzing Java (EE) applications.
- Website – Official website.
- GitHub Repository – inspectIT’s source code repository.
- Issue Tracking – inspectIT’s issue tracking system.
- Documentation – Official documentation.
- How to Write Your Own Sensor – Walkthrough on how to implement a custom sensor for inspectIT.
- inspectIT Workshop – Hands-on workshop about inspectIT and its setup, configuration and usage.
- Using Java Management Extensions (JMX) – Walkthrough on how to monitor JMX attributes.
- inspectIT in 7 Minutes – Short introduction of inspectIT at the 2015 Software Quality Days in Vienna.
- Integration of inspectIT into a Sping Boot or Java application – Tutorial on integrating an inspectIT agent into a Spring (Boot) or Java application.
- How We Boosted Magnolia Response Times – Use case where a performance problem in an application has been found using inspectIT.
- Collaboration With inspectIT RESTful Services – Introduction of inspectIT’s REST interface.
- Using Open Source APM Software: inspectIT – Overview of inspectIT and case story of a typical usage scenario.
- Can the Opentracing Scene Benefit From New Tracer Implementations? – Comparision between the tracing systems inspectIT and Zipkin.
- Automated Performance Regression Testing Using Open Source Tools – Example scenario on how a automated performance regression chain can be setup using inspectIT.
- Cross-JVM Tracing – Introduction into inspectIT’s cross-JVM tracing.
- Dynamically Change Monitoring Points During JVM Run-Time With inspectIT – How inspectIT dynamically updates monitoring points during application runtime.
- End User Monitoring done easy in inspectIT 1.8 – How inspectIT can be used to monitor the end user’s experience.
Profiles And Sensor Configurations
- ColdFusion Markup Language Profile – Profile for tracking function calls in CFML.