- Articles & Tutorials
- Free eBooks
- Interactive learning
- ES6 and above
- DOM related
- MDN – Simply the best language reference.
- DevDocs – Search MDN comfortably. Even offline.
Articles & Tutorials
*MDN offers a lot of other guides for every level of knowledge to dig deeper.
- Array operations – Covering the usefulness of Array’s map, reduce, and filter methods.
- Promises – Learning promises step by step.
- Async/Await – Tutorial showing the advantages of consuming Promises via async functions.
- Pure functions – Answers the question »What is a Pure Function?« epicly.
- Using Fetch – Describes thoroughly how to use the Fetch API to receive and send data.
- Chrome DevTools – Everything you need to know about the debugging tools built into Google Chrome.
- You Don’t Know JS (book series) – Series of books diving deep into language.
Thin books which you can get through in a few days.
- ②ality – Language features and APIs well explained by author and trainer Dr. Axel Rauschmayer.
- == ? === ??? …#@^% – Basic talk about type coercion and strict type comparison.
- FunFunFunction – Educational plus entertaining YouTube show covering language features as well as architectural topics amongst others.
- Debugging The Web – Learn state of the art in debugging using Chrome dev tools.
- Promises Are So Passé – Talk that shows where async goes next, why it matters, and what you need to do to put it into practice today.
- Functional programming – Learn basic principles of functional programming in an interactive way by using map, filter, concatAll, reduce and zip.
ES6 and above
- Exploring ES6 – Good introduction with in-depth chapters.
- Exploring ES2016 and ES2017 – Follow up of »Exploring ES6«.
- Setting up ES6 – Explains how to set up ES6 projects that are transpiled to ES5.
- ES6 Overview – Bullet point overview including in-depth articles.
- ES6 Katas – Learn ES6 by solving unit test online.
- Practical ES6 – eBook with practical examples and advices.
- 30 seconds of code – Useful ES6 snippets that you can understand in 30 seconds or less.
- DOM Enlightenment – A whole book about how to access an manipulate the DOM without a library.
- The Art of Node – Introductory tutorial covering the basics.
- NodeSchool – Interactive self guided workshops you can also do on your own.
- Node Patterns – Short books about code and networking patterns related to Node.js.
- Learn Node – A premium training course to learn to build apps with Node.js, Express, MongoDB.