Apache JMeter is open source, pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance.
- Official Resources
- Getting Started
- Best Practices
- Distributed Testing
- Cloud Services / SaaS
- Results Processing
- Performance Testing
- APM Integration
- JMeter Performance
- Tips & Tricks
- Trainings & Courses
- Apache JMeter Project – Apache JMeter official website.
- GitHub Repository – Apache JMeter source code repository.
- JMeter Wiki – Apache JMeter official documentation.
- Issue Tracking – Apache JMeter issue tracking system.
- Mailing Lists – Apache JMeter mailing lists.
- Download Apache JMeter – Apache JMeter: Official downloads.
- JMeter for Windows – Package for installation JMeter with plugins.
- JMeter Bootstrap – Solution to setup JMeter and JMeter plugins, suitable to be used as a submodule.
- Getting Started with Apache JMeter
- A Simple Load Test with JMeter
- The Beginner’s Guide to Performance Testing with Apache JMeter
- JMeter Tutorial – By ArtOfTesting.
- Load Testing your Applications with Apache JMeter – By Keld H. Hansen.
- Load Testing with JMeter – By Brandon Konkle.
- JMeter Resources – By Dejan Lukan.
- JMeter Tutorial – By Tutorials Point.
- JMeter Tutorial for Load Testing: The Ultimate Guide – By Daniel Gutierrez Diez.
- JMeter: Load Development LifeCycle – By DataCadamia.
- Load Testing with Apache JMeter – By DigitalOcean.
- JMeter Tutorial for Beginners – By Guru99.
- JMeter Official Best Practices
- JMeter Best Practices
- Optimize JMeter for Large Scale Tests
- Concurrent, High Throughput Performance Testing with JMeter
- Beanshell vs JSR223 vs Java JMeter Scripting – Most popular scripting mechanisms performance comparison.
- Testing with Groovy – Using JMeter and Groovy for load testing.
- JMeter: забудьте про BeanShell Sampler – JMeter: forget about BeanShell Sampler 🇷🇺.
- Ruby-JMeter – A Ruby-based DSL for building JMeter test plans.
- jmeter-java-dsl – Simple API to run JMeter performance tests in an VCS and programmers friendly way.
- jmeter-groovy-dsl – The Groovy-JMeter project is simple DSL to write JMeter test plans.
- loadtest – An R package for load testing using JMeter.
- Taurus – Automation-friendly framework for Continuous Testing.
- Performance testing framework – Framework both for backend load testing with Apache JMeter and frontend load testing with sitespeed.io + webpagetest private instance.
- JMeter Load Testing Center – Online web-application/dashboard to run, monitor and analyze results of load tests using JMeter.
- swaggerjmx – Tool to convert Swagger UI specification into JMeter test plans.
Tools & Plugins
- JMeter Ant Task – Ant task to automate running JMeter test plans.
- JMeter Maven Plugin – Maven plugin that provides the ability to run JMeter tests as part of the build.
- JMeter Gradle Plugin – Gradle plugin to execute JMeter tests.
- Jenkins Performance Plugin – Jenkins plugin to capture reports from JMeter and generate graphic charts with the trend report of performance and robustness.
- TeamCity Performance Tests Analysis Plugin – TeamCity plugin to organize simplest performance testing in CI 💀.
- Bamboo JMeter Aggregator Plugin – Bamboo plugin to collect, assert and graph JMeter test results.
- Sonar JMeter Plugin – Plugin to collect JMeter performance tests results and display in Sonar dashboard 💀.
- Lightning – Framework to integrate JMeter non-functional tests with CI/CD server.
- Taurus JMeter Executor – JMeter Executor in Taurus automation framework.
- PerfAction for JMeter – GitHub Action to run performance tests using Apache JMeter and its plugins.
Tutorials & Demo
- Automated performance testing using JMeter and Maven
- Performance Tests with JMeter, Maven and Hudson
- CI with Jenkins, Git, Maven, Grunt, and JMeter
- Continuous automated web tests using Jenkins and JMeter
- Automating JMeter tests with Maven and Jenkins
- How to automate JMeter tests with Maven and Jenkins:
- JMeter Continuous Performance Testing (JMeter + Ant + Jenkins):
- Continuous Integration 101: How to Run JMeter with Jenkins
- JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step
- JMeter Remote Testing
- Setting up a JMeter Cluster for web server load testing
- Dockerized JMeter – Distributed load testing workflow with Docker and JMeter.
- JMeter Docker Images
- Distributed JMeter testing using Docker
- A Docker solution to JMeter + InfluxDB + Grafana performance testing
- AutoMeter – An automation tool for scaling load tests using distributed slaves, based on JMeter master-slave architecture.
- Testing in Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- jmeter-ec2 – Automates running Apache JMeter on Amazon EC2.
- gee – A modified version of JMeter-EC2 project.
- os-jmeter-aws – Run JMeter on multiple AWS instances, view results in ELK.
- Load Testing with JMeter and Amazon EC2
- Performance Testing in the Cloud with JMeter & AWS
- JMeter distributed testing with Amazon EC2
- Lightweight JMeter Cloud – Building your own JMeter Cloud using DigitalOcean, JMeter and Docker.
- Microsoft Azure
- Load Testing Pipeline with JMeter, ACI and Terraform – Scalable cloud load/stress testing pipeline solution with Apache JMeter and Terraform to dynamically provision and destroy the required infrastructure on Azure.
- Amazon Web Services
Cloud Services / SaaS
List of cloud-based load testing services with support of JMeter test plans execution.
- CA BlazeMeter – Performance engineering platform with JMeter and Selenium support.
- OctoPerf – Saas and On-Premise Load Testing Tool with JMeter and Selenium support.
- Tricentis Flood – Load testing service with JMeter, Gatling and Selenium scenarios support.
- RedLine13 – AWS-based load testing service with JMeter, Gatling and Selenium scenarios support.
- LoadRunner Cloud – Micro Focus cloud-based solution for web and mobile performance testing with JMeter and Gatling support (formerly HP StormRunner Load).
- Loadster – Solution for distributes load testing of web applications and services.
- Loadium – AWS-based load testing service with JMeter and Selenium support.
- JMeter Report Dashboard – JMeter supports dashboard report generation to get graphs and statistics from a test plan.
- JMeter Log Analysis – Suggestions and recipes for JMeter log analysis.
- Analyzing JMeter Results
- JMeter Result Analysis: The Ultimate Guide
- BlazeMeter Sense – Service for storing and analysing performance test results.
- JtlReporter – Online reporting application to generate reports by uploading JTL file.
- JAnalyser – Browser-based results analysis tool.
- JMeter Result Analysis Plugin – Maven plugin that parses JMeter test results and generates detailed reports with charts.
- JMeter Results Analyser – Web-based application for collating, analysing and reporting JMeter test results.
- DB Results Collectors
- JMeter SLA Report – JMeter HTML report generator based on JAMon.
- Graphite – TBD.
- InfluxDB & Grafana
- Using JMeter with InfluxDB & Grafana – Collection of guides to collect and visualize real-time test-results and server monitoring stats using InfluxDB & Grafana.
- How to Use Grafana to Monitor JMeter Non-GUI Results
- jmeterReports – Autogenerated JMeter test-run results reported into Confluence, using Grafana custom dashboards 🇷🇺.
- Grafana Dashboards
- JMeter Load Test Dashboard – Grafana dashboard shows live load test metrics provided by JMeter (by NovaTec-APM).
- JMeter Dashboard using Core InfluxdbBackendListenerClient – Monitor your Apache JMeter load test in real time with InfluxDB and Grafana (by Philippe M).
- JMeter Dashboard (3.2 and up) – Monitor JMeter load test in real time with InfluxDB and Grafana (by adrianbanu).
- JMeter (via prometheus exporter) – A Grafana dashboard to inspect JMeter metrics via Prometheus exporter (by chiabre).
- JMeter-InfluxBD-Writer Plugin – JMeter plugin to write load test data on-the-fly into InfluxDB.
- JMeter Results to InfluxDB – Read JMeter results from csv file and put into InfluxDB database.
- ELK Stack
- jmeter-prometheus-plugin – A Prometheus Listener for Apache JMeter that exposes results in HTTP API.
- Backend Listener Implementations
- jmeter-elasticsearch-backend-listener – JMeter plugin to send test results to an ElasticSearch engine.
- jmeter-backend-azure – JMeter plugin to send test results to Azure Application Insights.
- jmeter-backend-listener-kafka – JMeter plugin to send test results to a Kafka server.
- jmeter-listener – JMeter plugin to write load test data on-the-fly to ClickHouse, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch.
- Custom & Deprecated
- Using Matplotlib & Python – Plotting JMeter load test results with Matplotlib plotting tool and Python.
- Statistical Aggregate Report – Custom Statistical Aggregate Report listener for enhanced results visualization.
- JChav – JMeter Chart History and Visualisation library.
- JMeter Dashboard: howto, sources – Realtime monitoring of JMeter load test.
- Using CMDRunner & Powershell – Create JMeter graphs with CMDRunner with powershell parallel execution.
- Easy and realistic Load Testing of HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) with Apache JMeter
- Using JMeter to Load Test Live HLS Concurrency of Wowza Streaming Engine
- Load testing HLS with Ruby JMeter
- Media Live Streaming Load Testing with JMeter – Collection of articles by BlazeMeter (HLS, RTMP, WS, podcasts, etc.).
- HLS JMeter Plugin
- Record iOS application HTTP requests
- Load Testing Mobile Apps Made Easy
- Performance Testing for Native Mobile Apps
- JMeter RTE Plugin – JMeter RTE (Remote Terminal Emulator protocol) plugin for testing Mainframe applications.
- JMeter gRPC Plugin – JMeter plugin supports load test gRPC.
- JMeter gRPC Request – JMeter gRPC Request load test plugin.
- JMeter Dubbo Plugin – JMeter plugin for Apache Dubbo.
- JMeter Plugins list – List of available plugins and extensions.
- JMeter Plugins – Independent set of plugins for Apache JMeter, with plugin manager references many plugins and simplifies installation.
- Ubik Load Pack – Productivity extensions for Apache JMeter.
- Correlation Recorder Plugin – JMeter plugin that simplifies the process of recording for applications with Dynamic Variables by providing automatic correlations of variables at recording time.
- Siebel CRM Plugin – JMeter plugin to simplify the scripting of Siebel CRM applications by providing automatic correlations of variables at recording time ❄️.
- ULP Auto-correlator Plugin – Commercial plugin for Oracle and Vaadin-based applications from Ubik Load Pack.
- JMeter Developer Manual
- How to write a plugin for JMeter
- How to build a JMeter plugin utilising groovy
- How to create a plugin in JMeter
- Custom JMeter Samplers and Config Elements
- Implement Custom JMeter Samplers
- Intellij IDEA IDE Plugin – Create run configurations and run JMeter tests from Intellij IDEA.
- JMeter + Eclipse HOWTO – Develop the JMeter project with Eclipse IDE.
- NetBeans JMeter Kit – JMeter integration module for NetBeans IDE.
- Using a Load Generator in NetBeans IDE
Alternative editors for JMX files, in addition to standard JMeter GUI and XML editors.
- BlocklyJMX Editor – A Web-based viewer and editor for JMeter test plan files (part of JMeter Plugins project).
- JMX Enhancer – A solution to expedite preparation of JMeter test plans.
- jmx.js – Web-based editor for JMeter JMX files 💀.
Integration with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools to analyze the performance of application servers, database servers, and web services.
- Servers Performance Monitoring Plugin – Server monitoring plugin from JMeter Plugins project.
- CA App Synthetic Monitor – Transaction monitoring & testing solution with JMeter support.
- JMeter integration with AppDynamics – APM & EUM solution with JMeter integration.
- Performance Remediation using New Relic and JMeter: part 1, part 2
- JMeter Performance – JMeter performance evolution across versions.
- JMeter Performance and Tuning Tips – By Ubik Ingenierie.
- JMeter Performance and Tuning Tips – By BlazeMeter.
- How to speed up JMeter: part 1, part 2
Tips & Tricks
- JMeter tips – JMeter tips and tricks scratchpad.
- Apache JMeter: A Practical Beginner’s Guide to Automated Testing and Performance Measurement for Your Websites – By Emily H. Halili (Packt Publishing).
- Performance Testing with JMeter 2.9 – By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing); guide to test web applications using Apache JMeter with practical, hands-on examples.
- Performance Testing with JMeter, 2nd Edition – By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing).
- Performance Testing with JMeter 3, 3rd Edition – By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing).
- JMeter Cookbook – By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing); 70 insightful and practical recipes to help successfully use Apache JMeter.
- JMeter by Example – By Sai Matam and Jagdeep Jain (Leanpub); a simple, practical, step-by-step tutorial to measure the performance of websites.
- Pro Apache JMeter: Web Application Performance Testing – By Sai Matam and Jagdeep Jain (Apress).
- Master Apache JMeter: From load testing to DevOps – By Antonio Gomes Rodrigues, Bruno Demion (Milamber) and Philippe Mouawad (Leanpub, Packt Publishing).
- Maîtriser JMeter: Du Test de charge à Devops – By Antonio Gomes Rodrigues, Bruno Demion (Milamber) and Philippe Mouawad (Leanpub) 🇫🇷.
- Advanced JMeter Testing – By Penny Curich (Leanpub), guide to write custom components for Apache JMeter 5.0.
Trainings & Courses
- JMeter: Performance and Load Testing (Feb 2019) – By LinkedIn Learning.
- Advanced JMeter (Jul 2020) – By LinkedIn Learning.
- JMeter Training Courses – By NobleProg.
- BlazeMeter University – By BlazeMeter.
- JMeter Courses collection – By Udemy.
- JMeter Training Course – By ABSoft Trainings.
- Web Applications (and Mobile Apps) Performance Testing with JMeter – By Pragmatic Test Labs.
- Training courses on Load Testing with Apache JMeter – By Ubik Ingenierie.
- Apache JMeter Training – By QAInsights.
- JMeter Getting Started Course (Apr 2019) – By Pluralsight.
- JMeter Tutorials – By Automation Step by Step.
- Learn Apache JMeter Series – By QAInsights.
- JMeter / Devops/ CI-CD / Cloud – By xavki 🇫🇷.
- BlazeMeter Blog – BlazeMeter blog about JMeter and performance testing.
- Ubik Load Pack Blog – Ubik Ingenierie blog.
- TestAutomationGuru Blog – Technical blog on test automation.
- RedLine13 Blog – JMeter articles in RedLine13 blog.
- Flood.io Blog – Load testing thoughts, stories and ideas from Flood IO.
- JMeter Blog – Another blog for performance & automation testing using JMeter.
- OctoPerf Blog – OctoPerf blog about JMeter and load testing.
- Abstracta JMeter Archives – Abstracta blog about JMeter.
- JMeter Tips – Blog about Apache JMeter and performance testing of web applications 💀.
- JMeter Expert Blog – JMeterExpert blog 💀.
- JMeter Series – Sourcepole blog 💀.
- JMeter Basics – By João Farias.
- JMeter Google Group
- JMeterPlugins Google Group
- JMeter Nabble Forum
- JMeter SQAforums 💀
- JMeter – Тестирование производительности – Discussion board by Software-Testing.ru 🇷🇺.
- @ApacheJMeter – Official Twitter account of the Apache JMeter load testing tool.
- @jmeter_plugins – Twitter account of custom plugins project for JMeter load testing tool.
- @BlazeMeter – Official Twitter account of Blazemeter, performance engineering platform for DevOps, based on JMeter.
- @masterjmeter – Official account of the Master Apache JMeter from Load Testing to DevOps book.
- @ubikloadpack – Twitter account of Ubik Load Pack, custom JMeter plugins for Video Streaming & complex protocols load testing.