Courses & TutorialsOperating System
Awesome KDE – Massive Collection of Resources – You Ever Wondered To Get
A curated list of awesome apps, extensions, modules, themes and tools for the KDE Desktop Environment.
KDE is a free software community dedicated to creating an open and user-friendly computing experience, offering an advanced graphical desktop, a wide variety of applications for communication, work, education and entertainment and a platform to easily build new applications upon.
Items marked with 📌 (push pin) are projects hosted on KDE’s own infrastructure and developed by the KDE community.
Internet & Networking
- Falkon – QtWebEngine based cross-platform web browser 📌.
- Qt WebBrowser – Qt WebBrowser is a browser for embedded devices developed using the capabilities of Qt and Qt WebEngine.
- Otter Browser – Otter Browser aims to recreate the best aspects of the classic Opera (12.x) UI using Qt5.
- Firefox KDE – Standalone web browser from mozilla.org with OpenSUSE patch, integrate better with KDE.
- KGet – A versatile and user-friendly download manager 📌.
- KTorrent – A BitTorrent application which allows you to download files using the BitTorrent protocol 📌.
- qBittorrent – An advanced BitTorrent client programmed in C++, based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- KMail – KMail is the email component of Kontact, the integrated personal information manager from KDE 📌.
- KDE Connect – A project to communicate across all your devices: receive your phone notifications on your desktop computer, control your desktop from your phone, etc 📌.
- GSConnect – A complete implementation of KDE Connect especially for GNOME Shell with Nautilus, Chrome and Firefox integration.
- Plasma-browser-integration – A suite of new features which make Firefox, Chrome and Chromium-based browsers work with your desktop 📌.
- KRDC – A client application that allows you to view or control a desktop session on another machine that is running a compatible server (VNC & RDP) 📌.
- Konversation – A user-friendly Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client built on the KDE Platform 📌.
- Akregator – Enables you to follow news sites, blogs and other RSS/Atom-enabled websites 📌.
- KNetworkManager – A KDE client for the back end NetworkManager software 📌.
- Smb4K – Advanced Network Neighborhood Browser and Samba Share Mounting Utility 📌.
Graphics & Imaging
- Gwenview – A fast and easy to use image viewer by KDE 📌.
- Okular – A universal document viewer 📌.
- Spectacle – An application for capturing desktop screenshots 📌.
- KolourPaint – A simple painting program to quickly create raster images. It is useful as a touch-up tool and simple image editing tasks 📌.
- Krita – Painting tool designed for concept artists, illustrators, matte and texture artists, and the VFX industry 📌.
- digiKam – Professional Photo Management with the Power of Open Source 📌.
- KColorChooser – A simple application to select the color from the screen or from a pallete 📌.
- Amarok – Amarok is a powerful music player for Linux, Unix and Windows with an intuitive interface 📌.
- Kdenlive – A non-linear video editor for Linux using the MLT video framework.
- SMPlayer – Media player with built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats.
- Elisa – A music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use 📌.
- KMix – A sound channel mixer and volume control 📌.
- KWave – A sound editor built on the KDE Frameworks 5 📌.
Office & Productivity
- Calligra – Includes efficient and capable office components 📌.
- Kate – A multi-document, multi-view text editor by KDE 📌.
- KWrite – A text editor by KDE, based on the KDE Frameworks editor component 📌.
- Kronometer A stopwatch application for KDE 📌.
- RSIBreak – RSIBreak can be used to remind you to take a break now and then 📌.
- Dolphin – File manager included in the KDE desktop 📌.
- Discover – Intended for users and distros where the terminal isn’t the optimal solution for installation of apps and add-ons or updates 📌.
- Konsole – Terminal emulator included in the KDE desktop 📌.
- Yakuake – A drop-down terminal emulator based on KDE’s Konsole technology 📌.
- KDiskFree – Displays the available file devices (hard drive partitions, drives, etc.) along with information on their capacity, free space, type and mount point 📌.
- KInfoCenter – A utility that provides detailed information about a computer system 📌.
- KSystemLog – A system log viewer tool 📌.
- Sweeper – Sweeper helps to clean unwanted traces the user leaves on the system and to regain disk space removing unused temporary files 📌.
- Kup – A backup scheduler for KDE’s Plasma desktop.
- Krusader – An advanced twin panel (commander style) file manager for KDE 📌.
Utilities & Tools
- Ark – Archiving Tool 📌.
- KFind – A standalone search tool, launched by KRunner or from your menu. It is also integrated into Konqueror as “Find File” in the “Tools” menu 📌.
- KFontview – An application to view and install different types of fonts 📌.
- KDE Wallet Manager – Manage the passwords on KDE systems. The KDE wallet subsystem allows access and password management of every application that integrates with the KDE wallet 📌.
- KeePassXC – Cross-platform community-driven port of Keepass password manager.
- QtPass – A multi-platform GUI for pass.
- Android File Transfer – Reliable MTP client with minimalistic UI.
- KRename – A utility to rename multiple files 📌.
- KWin-lowlatency – An attempt to reduce latency and stuttering in the popular KWin compositor used in KDE.
- Yin-Yang – Auto Night-mode for Linux.
- fancontrol-gui – GUI for fancontrol which is part of lm_sensors.
- Wacom GUI – Python/PyQt Wacom GUI for KDE.
Development & Programming
- Kompare – A diff/patch frontend 📌.
- Qt Designer – Qt tool for designing and building graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with Qt Widgets.
- Umbrello – UML Modeller is a Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagram program based on KDE Technology 📌.
- Okteta – Hex Editor 📌.
- KTurtle – An educational programming environment that aims to make learning how to program as easy as possible 📌.
- LabPlot – Interactive graphing and analysis of scientific data 📌.
- Latte-Dock – Latte is a dock based on Plasma frameworks that provides an elegant and intuitive experience for your tasks and plasmoids 📌.
- Kvantum – An SVG-based theme engine for Qt4/Qt5, KDE and LXQt, with an emphasis on elegance, usability and practicality.
- Window Title Applet – Plasma 5 applet that shows the current window title and icon in your panels.
- Hoppla – KDE Plasma desktop widget to control Philips Hue lights.
- Places Widget – Plasma 5 widget that gives access to user places.
- Window AppMenu Applet – Plasma 5 applet in order to show the window appmenu.
- Dynamic Wallpaper Engine – A wallpaper plugin that continuously updates the desktop background based on the current time in your location.
KCM Modules and Systems
- kde-gtk-config – GTK2 and GTK3 Configurator for KDE 📌.
- kcm-wacomtablet – KDE GUI for the Wacom Linux Drivers 📌.
- kded_rotation – A small, hacky KDED module for handling automatic screen rotation on tablets and hybrid laptops.
- Adapta KDE – A port of the popular GTK theme Adapta for Plasma 5 desktop with a few additions and extras.
- Arc KDE – A port of the popular GTK theme Arc for Plasma 5 desktop with a few additions and extras.
- Materia KDE – A port of the popular GTK theme Materia for Plasma 5 desktop with a few additions and extras.
- Helium – A translucent theme for Plasma 5.
- Breath – Breath Theme for Manjaro Linux (Plasma 5).
- Hello – A compilation of various color-schemes, themes, icons and more for the KDE Plasma desktop. It is unopinionated, putting you in charge.
- McMojave – A MacOSX Mojave like theme for KDE Plasma desktop.
- Canta – A flat design theme for KDE Plasma desktop.
- Darkine KDE – Theme for KDE Plasma 5 desktop, SDDM and more.
- Qogir – A flat design theme for KDE Plasma desktop.
- Layan – A flat design theme for KDE Plasma desktop.
- ChromeOS – A materia Design theme for KDE Plasma desktop.
Qt and GTK+ Applications Appearance
- breeze-gtk – A GTK Theme Built to Match KDE’s Breeze 📌.
- Breeze10 – A Windows 10 style windows decoration for KDE Plasma.
- SierraBreeze – OSX-like window decoration for KDE Plasma written in C++.
- Akava-Kv – User oriented Kvantum theme for KDE.
- BreezeBlurred – A fork of KDE Breeze window decoration written in Qt C++.
- BreezeEnhanced – A fork of KDE Breeze decoration with additional options.
- KDE-Rounded-Corners –
Rounds the corners of your windows.
- Sweet KDE – A dark and modern theme for KDE plasma.
- XBoomer – XP Window Decorations for KDE Plasma.
- Chrome-KDE5BreezeDark – A theme for Chrome on KDE5 when using the Breeze Dark window decoration.
- Papirus – Material icon theme, initially based on Paper.
- Antu – A smooth icon theme designed for Plasma Desktop.
- Zafiro – Minimalist icons created with the flat-desing technique, utilizing washed out colors and always accompanied by white. The priority is simplicity.
- La Capitaine – Icon pack with inspiration taken from the latest iterations of macOS and Google’s Material Design.
- Tela – A flat colorful Design icon theme.
- Flatery – Icon theme for Linux in flat style.
- Candy – Sweet gradient icons.
- Bibata – Material Based Cursor Theme.
- Capitaine – An x-cursor theme inspired by macOS and based on KDE Breeze.
- kwin-tiling – Tiling script for kwin.
- Grid-Tiling-Kwin – A kwin script that automatically tiles windows.
- Kröhnkite – A dynamic tiling extension for KWin.
- Chili – The hottest login theme around for KDE Plasma 5.
- Delicious – A delicious SDDM theme for DE collectors/addicts.
- Sugar Candy – The sweetest login theme available for the SDDM display manager.
- KDE Wikis – The KDE wikis are a source of information and documentation for the KDE desktop, applications, teams, events and more 📌.
- ArchWiki – Arch Linux KDE Wiki.
- Gentoo Wiki – Gentoo KDE Wiki.
- KDE.news – The official KDE news website 📌.
- Planet KDE – Blogs of KDE contributors 📌.
- Phoronix – Phoronix KDE News Archives.
- Nate Graham’s Blog – Adventures in Linux and KDE.
- Nico’s Blog – Programmer from Germany that is working on KDE.
- Kai Uwe’s Blog – Stories of a Plasma developer.
- Kreddit – KDE Community on Reddit.
- KDE Store – Official KDE Store for developers to share Plasma customizations 📌.
- Stack Overflow – Questions tagged with
Source : GitHub