Awesome Kubernetes – Massive Collection of Resources
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
— Michael Jordan
What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
It groups containers that make up an application into logical units for easy management and discovery.
Source: What is Kubernetes
Kubernetes is known to be a descendant of Google’s system BORG
The first unified container-management system developed at Google was the system we internally call Borg.
It was built to manage both long-running services and batch jobs, which had previously been handled by two separate
systems: Babysitter and the Global Work Queue. The latter’s architecture strongly influenced Borg, but was focused on
batch jobs; both predated Linux control groups.
Source: Kubernetes Past
Date of Birth
Kubernetes celebrates its birthday every year on 21st July. Kubernetes 1.0 was released on July 21 2015, after being first announced to the public at Dockercon in June 2014.
The awesome-kubernetes will now soon be available in the form of different releases and package bundles, It means that you can
download the awesome kubernetes release up to a certain period of time, The release for awesome kubernetes 2015 bundle is released. Checkout the releases column for more info.
A place that marks the beginning of a journey
- Kubernetes Community Overview and Contributions Guide by Ihor Dvoretskyi
- Are you Ready to Manage your Infrastructure like Google?
- Google is years ahead when it comes to the cloud, but it’s happy the world is catching up
- An Intro to Google’s Kubernetes and How to Use It by Laura Frank
- Kubernetes: The Future of Cloud Hosting by Meteorhacks
- Kubernetes by Google by Gaston Pantana
- Key Concepts by Arun Gupta
- Application Containers: Kubernetes and Docker from Scratch by Keith Tenzer
- Learn the Kubernetes Key Concepts in 10 Minutes by Omer Dawelbeit
- The Children’s Illustrated Guide to Kubernetes by Deis
- The ‘kubectl run’ command by Michael Hausenblas
- Docker Kubernetes Lab Handbook by Peng Xiao
- Curated Resources for Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Comic by Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes 101: Pods, Nodes, Containers, and Clusters by Dan Sanche
- An Introduction to Kubernetes by Justin Ellingwood
- Kubernetes and everything else – Introduction to Kubernetes and it’s context by Rinor Maloku
- Installation on Centos 7
- Setting Up a Kubernetes Cluster on Ubuntu 18.04
- Cloud Native Landscape
- The Kubernetes Handbook by Farhan Hasin Chowdhury
- Bootstrapping Microservices by Ashley Davis
- Kubernetes Native Microservices with Quarkus, and MicroProfile by John Clingan and Ken Finnigan