Now we have become very big, Different from the original idea.
Collect premium software in various categories. Feel free to star and fork.
Awesome Mac App for macOS. Installers for the latest stable build for Mac can be downloaded here.
- Reading and Writing Tools
- Developer Tools
- Design and Product
- Data Recovery Tools
- Audio and Video Tools
- Download Management Tools
- Cloud Storage
- Input Methods
- Translation Tools
- Security Tools
- Proxy and VPN Tools
- Gaming Software
- Remote Login Software
- Social Networking
- QuickLook Plugins
- Third Party App Markets
- Mac App Download Sites
Reading and Writing Tools
Applications to edit text, I suggest the open-source editors
- Atom – Hackable text editor for the 21st century made by GitHub. Atom Plugins.
- Bear Writer – Beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose.
- Bootstrap Studio – A powerful desktop app for creating responsive websites using the Bootstrap framework.
- Brackets – A modern, open source text editor that understands web design.
- Chocolat – Native text editor.
- Coda2 – Fast, clean and powerful text editor.
- CotEditor – Lightweight plain-text editor for macOS.
- Emacs – A popular text editor used mainly on Unix-based systems by programmers, scientists, engineers, students, and system administrators.
- LightTable – The next generation code editor.
- micro – Modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor.
- Nova – Modern, extensible text editor, by the makers of Coda.
- ONI – IDE powered by Neovim.
- Sublime Text – Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance, Sublime Text Plugins.
- TextMate – Editor that brings Apple’s approach to operating systems into the world of text editors.
- Vim – Highly configurable text editor built to make creating and changing any kind of text very efficient, Vim Plugins.
- Vimr – Refined Vim Experience for OS X.
- Visual Studio Code – Microsoft’s free & open-source editor, TypeScript friendly, VSCode Plugins.
- LibreOffice – LibreOffice is free and open-source software office software. Software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community.
- OpenOffice – Compatible with other major office suites, Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use and distribute.
- WPS – Is a cross-platform office software suite.
- Pages Documents that stand apart.
- Keynote Build stunning presentations.
- Numbers Create impressive spreadsheets.
- Microsoft Office Unmistakably Office, designed for Mac.
- SoftMaker Office A complete office suite that aims for full compatibility with Microsoft Office documents
- EME – Open-source Markdown editor with an interface like Chrome.
- iA Writer – Writing app with an emphasis on simplicity and design.
- LightPaper – Simple, beautiful, yet powerful text editor for your Mac.
- MacDown – Open-source Markdown editor for OS X.
- Marked 2 – This is the Markdown preview with an elegant and powerful set of tools for all writers.
- MarkText – Next generation markdown editor, running on platforms of MacOS Windows and Linux.
- Marp – Markdown presentation writer with cross-platform support.
- Marxico – Delicate Markdown editor for Evernote. Reliable storage and sync.
- MWeb – Pro Markdown writing, and static blog generator App.
- TextNut – Rich-format editor featuring Markdown export and Markdown syntax hints.
- Typora – Truly minimal Markdown editor featuring seamless live preview.
- Ulysses – The Ultimate Writing App for Mac, iPad and iPhone.
- Agenda – Date-focused note taking app for both planning and documenting your projects.
- Boostnote – Note-taking app made for programmers.
- Dnote – A simple command line notebook with multi-device sync and a web interface.
- Evernote – Infamous note-taking app, available on many platforms.
- FSNotes – File System Notes is a modern notes manager, native on macOS and iOS.
- Gooba – Writing app and task manager with a simple and interactive design.
- Inkdrop – Notebook app for Markdown lovers built on top of Electron.
- Joplin – Cross platform open-source notepad with markdown support and todo list manager with synchronisation capabilities.
- MarginNote – In-depth PDF and EPUB reading, learning, managing and note taking app.
- Notable – The markdown-based note-taking app that doesn’t suck.
- Notebook Note-taking app.
- Notes – Clean, simple note-taking app.
- Notion -Notion is the all-in-one workspace. From notes, tasks, wikis, to database, Notion is all you need. Works great for teams and individuals.
- OneNote – Note-taking app by Microsoft.
- QOwnNotes – Open-source notepad with markdown support and todo list manager.
- Quiver – The Programmer’s Notebook, lets you easily mix text, code, Markdown and LaTeX within one note, edit code with an awesome code editor and live preview Markdown and LaTeX.
- AliYuQue – Cloud note-taking knowledge management, collaboration platform, Markdown based writing, support embedded flow chart, brain diagram, timing sequence, code rendering, Sketch board creation, personal knowledge sharing, etc. Compared to youdao cloud note and evernote similar products, which include all of its functions, support knowledge sharing and more powerful creation, collaboration and editor, it comes from alibaba ant financial.
- Day One – Excellent journaling app using text, photos, video, audio, location data, and more.
- Journey – Journaling app with many features and with apps for every platform available.
- Calibre – Free and open-source e-book computer software application suite which runs on multiple platforms, allows users to manage e-book collections as well as create, edit, and read e-books.
- Clearview – Tabbed style e-book reader for PDF, EPUB (DRM free), CHM, and MOBI.
- iChm – Ebook reader for CHM (Microsoft Compiled HTML help) files.
- Kindle App – Amazon official reading app of kindle.
- Klib – New way to manage highlights for Kindle and iBooks.
- Scribus – Professional layout and publishing software supporting EPS and SVG import/export, and PDF support.
- Sigil – Multi-platform EPUB ebook Editor.
- Leaf – Amazing news reader dedicated to help you enjoy your daily news and easily manage your subscriptions.
- NetNewsWire – It’s a free and open source feed reader for macOS.
- ReadKit – Mac read-later client supporting all major providers: Instapaper, Pocket and Readability. Even more, ReadKit is a full-featured RSS reader as well.
- Reeder 4 – News reader for Feedbin, Feedly, Feed Wrangler and so on.
- Vienna – RSS/Atom reader for Mac OS X.
- Feedy – An elegant and lightweight RSS client and news reader for your Mac.
- bindPDF – Combine multiple PDF files into a single PDF file using a friendly UI.
- CHM Reader – Read Compiled HTML (.chm) documents on your Mac.
- Chmox – Read CHM documents on your Mac.
- PDF Expert – Read, annotate and edit PDFs, change text and images.
- PDF Reader Pro – You Can view, create, sign, convert and compress any PDF documents.
- Skim – PDF reader and note-taker for OS X.
- SkyFonts – The simplest way to try, install, and manage fonts.
- Spillo – Powerful, beautiful and amazingly fast Pinboard client for OS X.
- Tad – Application for viewing and analyzing tabular data such as CSV files.
- texpad – Great LaTeX editor for Mac with auto-update PDF and autocomplete LaTeX commands.