Courses & Tutorials
Awesome Minecraft – Massive Collection of Resources
The curated list of awesome things related to Minecraft.
Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by Mojang. The game allows players to build with a variety of different blocks in a 3D procedurally generated world, requiring creativity from players. Other activities in the game include exploration, resource gathering, crafting, and combat.
- Mod Loader
- Forge Mods
- Server Plugins
- Web Applications
- Official Minecraft Wiki – Minecraft Wiki is a complete resource for Minecraft, including gameplay, blocks, crafting, updates, events, mods, running a server, and resource packs.
- Chinese Minecraft Wiki – The Chinese Minecraft Wiki is an official wiki of Minecraft, covering detailed tutorials on crafting, blocks, creatures and even PE versions.
- wiki.vg – Technical Minecraft wiki.
- Minecraft Forums – Official community forums, a great place to talk about the game.
- Planet Minecraft – Creative community fansite.
- Minecraft Chinese Forum – Largest Chinese players community of Minecraft.
- Minecraft Forge – Modifications to the Minecraft base files to assist in compatibility between mods.
- Fabric – A lightweight, experimental modding toolchain for Minecraft.
- liteloader – A lightweight mod loader for Minecraft designed to provide simple, high-performance and reliable loader functionality for mods which don’t need to modify game mechanics.
- Meddle – Everything related to modding 1.9/1.10 snapshots in one place.
- RopeMC – A lightweight, reflection based mod loader which aims to be user friendly and later version independent.
- Optifine – OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod.
- BetterFps – BetterFps is a Minecraft mod that add a few performance improvements.
Skins And Capes
- Custom Skin Loader – Custom Skin Loader for Minecraft.
- Universal Skin Mod – A Minecraft Forge Mod allows players load custom skin & cape textures.
- Journey Map – Real-time mapping in game or in a web browser as you explore.
- Just Enough Items (JEI) – JEI is an item and recipe viewing mod for Minecraft, built from the ground up for stability and performance.
- Bibliocraft – Bibliocraft is a storage and organizational mod that began as a single bookcase and has expanded to so much more.
- /dank/null – A storage mod of unreal proportions which nobody really gets. The max tier /dank/null object holds 54 slots of items which each can hold 2.14 billion items!
- Tinkers Construct – Tinkers’ Construct is a mod about putting tools together in a wide variety of ways, then modifying them until they turn into something else.
- Immersive Engineering – Immersive Engineering is a tech mod with a certain charm, based on the ideas and concepts, and with most assets created by Damien Hazard.
- Botania – Botania is a tech mod in essence. The theme is natural magic.
- Thermal Foundation + Dynamics + Expansion – A server-friendly and content-rich blend of magic and technology! Title is three different mod names, but of the same series and usually played together.
- Railcraft – Greatly expand and improve the Minecart system in Minecraft.
- Actually Additions – Actually Additions is a technology mod that adds various utilities like multitools, item magnets, atomic reconstructors and so on.
- Applied Energistics 2 – A Minecraft Mod about Matter, Energy and using them to conquer the world. Mainly focused on item storage.
- Draconic Evolution – One of the best tech mod there is, but really overpowered in the late game. Adds things like a Draconic Power Core which no one has been able to fill yet…
- Ender IO – A large ender themed mod, that just adds lots of new fun things.
- Galacticraft – A mod that adds rockets and new planets to explore. Expandable with addons.
- OpenComputers – OpenComputers is a mod that adds computers and robots into the game, which can be programmed in Lua 5.3.
- ComputerCraft – Adds computers based on Lua (5.2 and 5.3) into Minecraft.
- WarpDrive – Adds Star Trek and other franchise like ships, weapons, transporters and so on into the game. Also adds new planets (dimensions).
Farming And Food
- Pam’s HarvestCraft – Pam’s HarvestCraft is a mod for Minecraft that currently adds many kinds of crops and food.
- AgriCraft – A mod that adds a more sophisticated crop system, like the ability to have genetic mutations and also adds more crops.
- Bonsai Trees – Adds essentially mini tree farms which are one block big.
- Ex Nihilo: Creatio – A great mod for skyblocks, it filters things like sand and gravel for useful resources like iron and diamond, compatible with lots of mods.
- RFTools – RFTools is a mod containing various tools that are related to RF (Redflux) or technology in general.
- Extreme Reactors – Adds nuclear reactors with the fictional fuel ‘yellorium’. A carry on of the original Big Reactors.
- Zetta Industries – A mod which adds the main multiblock of a big battery.
- Applied Energistics 2 – A Minecraft Mod about Matter, Energy and using them to conquer the world.
- AbyssalCraft – AbyssalCraft is a magic mod centered around exploration.
- Astral Sorcery – This is a magic mod based on the stars, and harnessing the powers of starlight and the constellations.
- Avaritia – Avaritia is a mod with a really long progression tree, but really overpowered in the late game. Its soul purpose is to drag the endgame gameplay to extreme lengths.
- Blood Magic – This is a magic mod based on blood. Beware, you die a lot.
- TNTUtils – More control over explosions in Minecraft.
- Akashic Tome – A mod based on Morph-o-Tool, which mainly gives the ability to merge different mods’ documentation books.
- AppleSkin – This mod does not change any existing mechanics, but simply makes the existing hunger saturation and exhaustion levels visible in the default GUI.
- Attribute Fixer – This mod fixes the attribute system in Minecraft which handles things like armour points, because many other mods are inadvertantly affected by a limit in this system.
- Diet Hopper – This mod modifies the way Minecraft calculates the collision boxes of the hopper, so that you can access any visible blocks behind it.
- FoamFix – Fixes various aspects of the Minecraft code, generally making the game faster.
- ArmorPlus – This mod literally adds tons of armors to the game, and different ways of crafting them.
- Baubles – This mod adds seven new slots to the player inventory which can be fitted with various items like amulets, belts, rings and so on added by other mods.
- Aroma1997’s Dimensional World – This mod adds one extra dimension, with the intended purpose of mining, meaning the Overworld will not be filled up with things like Buildcraft quarry holes anymore etc.
- Twilight Forest – Adds a new twilight forest dimension with new sturctures, bosses, and quests to complete.
- Carpenter’s Blocks – This mod adds new blocks such as slants and corners which can be made to look like any other block in the game! Extremely useful for artistic builds. (For 1.12+ see BlockCraftery)
- Chisel – This mod adds multiple new textures to lots of blocks in the game, adding a wide variety of textures. (For editing units smaller than blocks see Chisel and Bits.)
- WorldEdit – WorldEdit is an open source in-game map editor available for Bukkit, Forge, MinecraftEdu, and many other platforms.
- FAWE – Stands for Fast Async WorldEdit. Based upon WorldEdit, it is simply faster, and adds lots more tools (i.e. brushes) to work with.
- AntiCheatReloaded – AntiCheatReloaded helps server admins easily identify and block malicious users by monitoring and analyzing the behaviour of their players.
- ViaVersion – Allows the connection of newer clients to older server versions for Minecraft servers.
- AdvancedKitsReloaded – AdvancedKitsReloaded is a Kit managing plugin for Minecraft servers which runs Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot and Paper (>1.8). With this plugin you can easily create/edit/delete your kits and you can customize it as much as you’d like.
- WorldGuard – WorldGuard lets you and players guard areas of land against griefers and undesirables, as well as tweak and disable various gameplay features of Minecraft.
- CraftBook – CraftBook lets you create magically extending bridges, compact Redstone circuits, complex Minecart mechanics, and much more — all without a client mod and fully customizable by the server.
- Blessing Skin Server – A web application brings your custom skins back in offline Minecraft servers.
- yoshino – A lite & fast Minecraft skin server, written in php. (Live Demo)
- WorldEdit Golf – Challenge others in a competition to use WorldEdit in as few commands as possible.
- CraftLib – Complete Kotlin / Java library for wrapping the entire Minecraft codebase, including protocol, NBT, schematics, chat and more.
- MCProtocolLib – A simple library for communicating with a Minecraft client/server, written in Java.
- node-minecraft-protocol – A NodeJS library to parse and serialize minecraft packets, plus authentication and encryption.
- Minecraft Command Helper – A WPF Program about generate Minecraft Command (with NBT data). (Windows Only)
- Minecraft Command Science – Several Minecraft vanilla JSON generators.
- Amidst – Display an overview of a Minecraft world, without actually creating it.
- MultiMC – A custom launcher for Minecraft that allows you to easily manage multiple installations of Minecraft at once.
- HMCL – A powered Minecraft launcher that supports a lot of features.
- FML Mod Development Tutorial – (Chinese) Minecraft 1.8.9 FML Mod Development Tutorial.