- Camera Firmware Mods
- RAW image developers
- HDR Specific Software
- Panorama Stitching
- Photo Organizers
- EXIF Editors
- Photo Downloaders
- Camera Tetherers
- Monitor Color Correction
- Alternative Image Viewers
- Useful GIMP Mods or Scripts
- GIMP – A swiss knife for image manipulation.
- PhotoFlow – A non-destructive photo retouching program including RAW image development.
- ImageMagick – A suite of command-line utilities for modifying and working with images.
- GraphicsMagick – GraphicsMagick is usually faster than ImageMagick.
Camera Firmware Mods
- CHDK – Canon Hack Development Kit, for Canon cameras.
- Magic Lantern – a software enhancement that offers increased functionality to Canon DSLR cameras.
- Autoexec Hack – Compilation of hacks for GoPro Cameras.
- PTool Firmware Manipulation Tool – change the video recording parameters of Panasonic’s cameras.
- Nikon Hacker – Nikon Patch and Nikon Emulator, 2 softwares for Nikon cameras.
- Xiaomi Yi Autoexec – Compilation of autoexec scripts and mods for Xiaomi Yi camera.
- LibGphoto2 – C APi for Digital camera access and remote control. Java,python,C#, and much more bindings.
- GoPro – API for controlling GoPro Hero 3 Camera from Node.js.
- GoPro – GoPro Hero 4 – Python API.
- GoPro – a Python library and a CLI that can interface with GoPro HERO3, HERO3+, and HERO4 cameras over http.
- GoPro.Hero – a lightweight c# library to access and control GoPro HERO.
- SonyPy – Python module for Sony Camera Remote API.
- Timelapse-sony – Android app for creating timelapse via “Ctrl with Smartphone” mode or connected by NFC.
- Remoteyourcam-usb – Control your Canon or Nikon DSLR camera from your Android device through USB.
- digiCamControl – DSLR camera remote control open source software.
RAW image developers
- Darktable – An open source photography workflow application and RAW developer.
- RawTherapee – A cross-platform raw image processing program.
- Photivo – A multi platform photo processor for RAW and bitmap images with 16 bit precision.
- Raw Studio – Read and manipulate RAW images from digital cameras.
- UFRaw – A utility to read and manipulate raw images from digital cameras.
- DCRaw – Decoding raw digital photos in Linux.
- Lightzone – Open-source digital darkroom software for Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Fotoxx – A Linux program for editing photos and other images.
HDR Specific Software
- Luminance – A complete workflow for HDR imaging
- QPSFTMO – HDR Tone Mapping GUI for Linux.
- PFS Tools – A set of command line programs for reading, writing and manipulating HDR images and video frames.
- Hugin – An easy to use cross-platform panoramic imaging toolchain.
- Panorama Tools – A framework for re-projecting and blending multiple source images into immersive panoramics of many types.
- Shotwell – A photo manager for GNOME 3
- DigiKam/ShowFoto – Open Source Photo manager for KDE/Gnome desktop.
- GPhoto – A program and library framework that lets users download pictures from their digital cameras.
- Lychee – A great looking and easy-to-use photo-management-system you can run on your server, to manage and share photos.
- Simple Gallery – A Android gallery app for viewing photos and videos similar to android stock gallery with support for file copy/move/rename/delete/share.
- Leaf Pic – material-designed android gallery alternative.
- A Photo Manager – Manage local photos on Android: gallery, geotag with photomap, tags, find, sort, view, copy, delete, send,…
- PhotoPrism – PhotoPrism™ is a server-based application for browsing, organizing and sharing your personal photo collection.A
- ExifTool – A program for reading, writing, and manipulating image, audio, and video metadata.
- Rapid Photo Downloader – A photo and video downloader for the Linux Desktop.
- Entangle – Entangle provides a GUI for taking photographs with a digital camera completely controlled from the computer.
Monitor Color Correction
Alternative Image Viewers
- Geeqie – An image viewer and image organiser program for Unix-like operating systems
- FEH – An X11 image viewer.
Useful GIMP Mods or Scripts
- GIMP Plugin Registry
- Cinepaint – A program for painting and retouching bitmap frames of films based on GIMP.
- Flickr Open Source Photography Group
- /r/FOSSPhotography – Community about Free open source software for Photography on reddit.
- Open Source Photography Community on Google+
- Open Source Photography Group on Facebook
- Open Source Photography Sub on Reddit
- Open Source Photography Group on 500px
- PIXLS.US – Community dedicated to tutorials, workflows, and showcases of high-quality photography using Free Software tools
- Unsplash.com – Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos, licensed under the Unsplash License (changed from CC0)
- Pexels.com – Royalty free high-resolution stock photos, licensed under Creative Commons Zero (CC0)
- Pixabay.com – Royalty free stock photos and videos, licensed under Creative Commons Zero (CC0).
- Shutterography.com – Free Photos.
- FFmpeg – A complete, cross-platform solution to
record, convert and stream audio and video.
- Virtualdub – A free video tool for basic editing and encoding.
- Natron – A node-based compositor based on the same principles as state-of-the art tools used in film and television post-production.
- ButtleOFX – A simple, user-friendly and open source compositing software.
- Blender – This open source 3D graphics has tools for video editing.
- Shotcut – A free, open source, cross-platform video editor.
- OpenFX – An Open Plug-in API for 2D Visual Effects.
- TuttleOFX – An image processing framework based on OpenFX plugin format.
- Vid.stab – A video stabilization library which can be plugged-in with Ffmpeg and Transcode.
- Frei0r – A large collection of free and portable video plugins.
Video to Panorama
#!/bin/bash mkdir -p /tmp/images ffmpeg -i video.avi -r 5 -qscale 3 tmp/images/image-%3d.jpg pto_gen -o tmp/hugin.pto tmp/images/*.jpg cpfind --multirow -o tmp/hugin.pto tmp/hugin.pto cpclean -o tmp/hugin.pto tmp/hugin.pto linefind -o tmp/hugin.pto tmp/hugin.pto autooptimiser -a -l -s -m -o tmp/hugin.pto tmp/hugin.pto pano_modify -o tmp/hugin.pto --center --fov=AUTO --canvas=70% tmp/hugin.pto pto2mk -o tmp/hugin.mk -p tmp/output tmp/hugin.pto make -f tmp/hugin.mk all