Courses & TutorialsProgramming
Awesome PHP Composer – Massive Collection of Resources
A curated list of resources for Composer, Packagist, Satis, Plugins, Scripts, Videos, Tutorials.
- Official Website
- Getting Started Guide and Installation Instructions
- Find Packages on Packagist
- CheatSheet – Overview of CLI commands and
- Composer Installers – Composer installers for multiple frameworks.
- You might use the following tags:
- Ask a new question
- Find questions tagged
- IRC channels are on
irc.freenode.org: #composer for users and #composer-dev for development.
- Documentation for Plugins – This offical documentation is good starting point, when writing a Composer plugin.
- Composer-Asset-Plugin – A npm/Bower Dependencies Manager for Composer.
- Composer-AWS – The plugin loads repository data and downloads packages from Amazon S3 (with authentication support for private repositories).
- Composer-Composition – Provides an API, for checking your environment at runtime.
- Composer-Suggest – Enables you to install a custom group of suggested packages, based on keyword patterns.
- Composer-Versions-Check – Shows outdated packages from last major versions after using the update command (showing “Latest is vX.Y.Z”).
- Composer-Changelogs – Provides a summary of the updates with links to changelog/releasenote/tag. The output is ready to be pasted into the commit message when updating the composer.lock file.
- Composer-Merge-Plugin – Merges multiple
composer.jsonfiles at Composer runtime.
- Composer-Bin-Plugin – Adds support for managing dependencies for multiple packages in a single repository or isolate bin dependencies.
- Composer-Inheritance-Plugin – Opinionated version of Wikimedia composer-merge-plugin to work in pair with Bamarni composer-bin-plugin.
- Composer-MonoRepo-Plugin – The plugin helps to manage dependencies for multiple packages in a single repository.
- Composer-Patches-Plugin – Enables you to provide patches for any package from any package. When the dependency is fetched, the patch is applied on top.
- Composer-Patches – The plugin applies a patch from a local or remote file to any required package.
- Composer-Patches – Applies a patch from a local or remote file to any package that is part of a given composer project.
- Composer-Patchset – Automatically fetch, update and apply patches to any composer package with a twist – store the patchset as a composer package itself.
- Composer-Plugin-QA – Comprehensive Plugin for composer to execute PHP Quality assurance Tools.
- Composer-Cleanup-Plugin – Removes tests & documentation folders from the vendor dir.
- Composer-Cleaner – The tool removes unnecessary files and directories from the vendor directory.
- Composer-Ignore-Plugin – Enables you to remove files and folders from the vendor folder (to make a cleaner and smaller deployment to production). It’s an alternative to
- Composer-Vendor-Cleaner – Plugin removes unnecessary development files and directories from
vendordirectory by glob pattern syntax.
- Drupal Vendor Hardening Composer Plugin – Removes extraneous directories from the project’s vendor directory & adds .htaccess and web.config files to the root of the project’s vendor directory.
- Composer-Shared-Package-Plugin – Allows you to share selected packages between your projects by creating symlinks.
- Composer-Symlinker – Enables you to load packages from different directories (instead of loading them from /vendor).
- Prestissimo – A parallel downloader using
- Composer-Curl-Plugin – The plugin use phpext_curl for downloading packages.
- Composer-Custom-Directory-Installer – A composer plugin, to install different types of composer packages in custom directories outside the default composer installation path (vendor folder).
- Composer-Dependency-Analyzer – Allows you to build a dependency graph for an installed composer project.
- Graph-Composer – Provides a graph visualization for your project’s
composer.jsonand its dependencies.
- PackageVersions – Provides a very quick and easy access to installed composer dependency versions.
- Composer Locator – Provides a means of locating the installation path for a given Composer package name.
- PackageInfo – Enables you to retrieve all package informations (like version, tag, release date, description).
- Composer-Git-Hooks – A library for easily managing git hooks in your composer config.
- Symfony-Flex – Provides recipe-based installation and configuration management for Symfony packages.
- Narrowspark-Automatic – Automates the most common tasks of applications, boost package downloads, adds a composer security audit and more.
- PHPCodeSniffer-Composer-Installer – The plugin enables you to install PHP_CodeSniffer coding standards (rulesets).
- Composer-Warmup – The plugin adds the command
warmup-opcodeto Composer, which triggers the compilation of all PHP files discovered in your project into the Opcache.
- Foxy – Composer plugin that executes npm/yarn packages installation operations, when composer package is installed or updated.
- NodeJS-Installer – Installer for NodeJS and npm.
- Node-Composer – Installer for NodeJS, npm and yarn.
- Imposter-Plugin – Wrapping all composer vendor packages inside your own namespace. Intended for WordPress plugins.
- Composer Preload – The plugin generates a
vendor/preload.phpfile to warm up the Opcache.
- PHP Inc – Automatically includes files for autoload and autoload-dev to facilitate using functions and grouped definitions within composer loaded applications.
- Composer Registry Manager – Enables you to switch between different composer repositories.
- Production-Dependencies-Guard – Prevents development packages from being added into require and getting into production environment.
- Composer Exclusive Install – Prevents more than one install or update operation at a time.
- Composer-Downloads-Plugin – Lightweight mechanism to download external resources (ZIP/TAR files) with only a
- Private-Composer-Installer – Install helper outsourcing sensitive keys from the package URL into environment variables.
- CycloneDX-PHP-Composer – Creates a CycloneDX “Software Bill-of-Materials” (SBOM) for the dependencies of a project. The SBOM enables dependency monitoring and risk analysis by OWASP DependencyTrack.
- Composer-Compile-Plugin – Allow PHP libraries to define simple, freeform compilation tasks. Support post-install hooks in any package.
- Composer SemVer Checker – Enables you identify constraint to version resolution issues, by doing a semantic version check for Packagist hosted packages.
- Composer-Yaml – This tool converts
- Studio – A workbench for developing Composer packages. Its an alternative to editing dependencies in the vendor folder or using PathRepositories to load a local clone of your dependency into your project.
- OctoLinker Browser Extension – Enables you to navigate Composer/NPM dependencies on Github.
- ComposerRequireChecker – A CLI tool to analyze dependencies and verify that no unknown imported symbols are used in the sources of a package.
- Composer-Unused – A CLI tool, which scans your code and shows unused Composer dependencies.
- Composer-Normalize – The plugin helps to keep your
composer.jsonfile(s) consistent by restructuring and sorting entries (normalizing).
- Composer-Service – Enables you to run Composer as a service on a remote server.
- Composer PreferLowest Checker – Strictly compare the specified minimum versions of your composer.json with the ones actually used by the prefer-lowest composer update command option.
- Bramus/Composer-Autocomplete – A Bash/Shell autocompletion script for Composer.
- Composer/Xdebug-Handler – Helps you to restart a CLI process without loading the xdebug extension.
- ParameterHandler – Allows you to manage your ignored parameters when running a composer install or update.
- Tooly – Manage needed PHAR files in your project
composer.json. Every PHAR file will be saved in the composer binary directory. Optional with GPG verification for every PHAR.
- Melody – One-file composer scripts.
- Composer-Travis-Lint – Allows you to lint the Travis CI configuration file (
- Composer-Multitest – Enables you to run a Composer script against multiple, locally installed PHP versions, which are managed by PHPBrew or phpenv.
- ScriptsDev – Enables you to use a
scripts-devsection, which triggers scripts only in dev mode.
- PhantomJS-Installer – A Composer Package which installs the PhantomJS binary (Linux, Windows, Mac) into /bin of your project.
- Composer-Vendor-Cleanup – A script which removes whitelisted unnecessary files (like tests/docs etc.) from the vendor directory.
- Composer Substitution Plugin – A Composer plugin replacing placeholders in the
scriptssection by dynamic values.
- Dependabot – Dependabot is a dependency update service. It monitors and updates your dependencies by sending a pull-request. The service is free for public repos and personal account repos.
- A beginners guide to Composer
- A short & simple Composer tutorial
- Easy package management with Composer
- PHP Dependency Management with Composer
- Composer Primer
- PHP Composer Magento Tutorial by Alan Storm
- Creating and Using Composer Packages
- Jordi Boggiano (seldaek)
- Nils Adermann (naderman)
- Composer: Part 1 – What & Why
- Composer: Part 2 – Impact
- Composer Stability Flags
- Composer Versioning
- Composer Best Practices 2018 – Nils Adermann @ phpday 2018
- Managing dependencies is more than running “composer update” – Nils Adermann @ phpsrb17
- Composer Best Practices — Jordi Boggiano @ php[tek] 2015
- Wonderful World of Composer
- PHP Composer Quickstart
- How Composer helped shape the new way of writing PHP – Nils Adermann @ Drupal Camp Frankfurt
- Composer Package Management – Nils Adermann @ T3CON12DE
- Slides by Nils Adermann
- Source: https://naderman.de/slippy/src/
- PHP Reinvented – How Composer helped shape the new way of writing PHP
- Composer Update
- Dependency Management with Composer PHP Reinvented
- Managing dependencies is
more than running
Best Practices @ T3DD17
- Gain Control over your
- Composer.lock demystified
- Compoer In-Depth @ Contao Konferenz 2018
- Composer Best Practices 2018
- Developing and Deploying Magento with Composer Best Practices
- Composer Platform Config (check-platform-reqs) @ SymfonCon 2018
- Slides by Jordi Boggiano
Packagist is the PHP Package Repository.
Setup a Packagist Mirror
- Packagist Mirror – This script helps to setup a packagist mirror. It is the maintained and stable version of Packagist Crawler.
- Docker Image – This Docker image helps to create a customized packagist mirror.
- Packagist Mirror from Indonesia – Another implementation for creating a packagist mirror.
About metadata mirrors: https://packagist.org/mirrors
- North America
- Canada – packagist.org Main mirror
- South America
- Brazil – packagist.com.br
- South Africa – packagist.co.za
- China – php.cnpkg.org, https://pkg.phpcomposer.com/, https://mirrors.aliyun.com/composer/
- India – https://packagist.in/
- Indonesia – packagist.phpindonesia.id
- Japan – packagist.jp
- fxpio/tug – Enables you to host a private Composer registry on AWS Serverless serving your private PHP packages, which are hosted on Github or Gitlab services.
- Private Packagist Cloud – A Composer Repository as a Service for private packages and to mirror packages from other repositories.
- Private Packagist Enterprise – On-premise self-hosted version of Private Packagist.
- Private Packagist API Client – A PHP client for the Private Packagist API. The client handles authentication, signature generation and access to all endpoints.
- repman.io & repman-io/repman – A Private PHP Package Repository Manager & Packagist Proxy.
- repman-io/composer-plugin – This plugin enables downloading via Repman by adding a distribution mirror URL for all your dependencies (without need to update the
- WordPress Packagist – Mirrors the WordPress plugin and theme directories as a Composer repository.
- Asset Packagist – Enables installation of Bower and NPM packages as native Composer packages.
- Firegento – A Composer Repository providing Magento Modules.
- Drupal Packagist – Composer repositories for Drupal 7 and 8 core, modules, and themes.
- Satis Server – This docker container provides a Satis Server and enables you to run a private, self-hosted Composer repository with support for Git, Mercurial, and Subversion, HTTP API, HTTPs support, webhook handler and scheduled builds.
- Cloudsmith – A fully managed package management SaaS with PHP/Composer support (and many others).
- Release Belt – Self–hosted Composer repository implementation to quickly integrate ZIP files of third party non–Composer releases.
- Packeton – Private self-hosted Composer repository for vendors. Fork of packagist with adding support for authorization, customer users, groups, webhooks.
- Gitlab-Composer – This is a branch/tag indexer for Gitlab repositories.
- Satisfy – Satis composer repository manager with a Web UI.
- Satis Control Panel – A simple web UI for managing your Satis Repository with optional CI integration.
- Satis Go – A web server for managing Satis configuration and hosting the generated Composer repository.
- ToranProxy (deprecated) – In addition to providing a composer repository ToranProxy acts as a proxy server for Packagist and GitHub.