A collection of bookmarks, resources, articles for product designers.
Digital product design is an iterative design process to solve a functional problem with a formal solution. A digital product designer identifies a real problem, offers the best possible solution, and launch it to a market that is showing demand for that particular solution.
- Smashing Magazine – The UX Research Plan That Stakeholders Love.
- NN Group – Project Management for User Research: The Plan.
- Interaction Design – One Page User Research Plan.
- NN Group – Despite many weaknesses, interviews are a valuable method for exploratory user research.
- UXDesign.cc – How to Get the Most Out of User Interviews.
- Boxes and Arrows – Cheat Sheet For Interviewing Stakeholders.
- UX Apprentice – Stakeholder Interview Template.
- Interaction Design – Preparing for UX Stakeholder Interviews.
- UX Movement – How to Turn User Research into Usable Data.
- SlideShare – Design Research Synthesis.
- Medium – Using Trello for User Research Synthesis.
- Tuts+ – How to Prepare and Use an Affinity Diagram.
- Medium – Affinity Diagrams: Tips and Tricks.
- Xtensio – How To: Create A Competitive Analysis.
- Hootsuite – Competitive Analysis Template To Help You Outsmart The Competition.
Job to be Done
- Intercom – Designing features using Job Stories.
- JTBD – Replacing The User Story With The Job Story.
- Usability.Gov – The purpose of personas is to create reliable and realistic representations of your key audience.
- UX Mag – Personas: The Foundation of a Great User Experience.
- Tuts+ – Defining And Applying Personas to UX Design.
- UX Pin – The Practical Guide to Empathy Maps: 10-Minute User Personas.
- Boagworld – Adapting empathy maps for UX design.
- UX Magazine – Storyboarding in the Software Design Process.
- Medium – Storyboarding in UX Design.
- Johnny Holland – Storyboarding & UX.
- NN Group – When and How to Create Customer Journey Maps.
- UX Lady – Experience maps, user journeys and more.
- Smashing Magazine – All You Need To Know About Customer Journey Mapping.
- Medium – How to build an experience map.
- Smashing Magazine – The Rainbow Spreadsheet: A Collaborative Lean UX Research Tool.
- Coglode – Bite-size behavioral research analysis.
- User Testing – Unlock customer insights and increase your revenue.
- Optimal Workshop – User Research Platform that helps you and your team make design decisions with confidence.
- Measure Success – How Do You Measure the Success (or Failure) – of Your UX Design?.
- UX Metrix – How to Choose the Right UX Metrics for Your Product.
- Lookback – Simple, powerful user research.
- Appsee – Appsee’s app analytics platform provides an in-depth analysis of your users’ behavior.
- Full Story – What do you want to know about your customer experience?.
- Desinion – Make smart and informed design decisions for your company, or your client’s company.
- Survey Monkey – Turn instincts into insights.
- Google Surveys – Make better decisions with market research.
- Typefrom – Goodbye forms. Hello typeforms.
- Etnio – Intercept Real People for User Research.
- Calendly – Calendly helps you schedule meetings without the back-and-forth emails.
- The UX Bookmark – Collection of the best UX websites from across the globe.
- Gov.Uk – Helping government teams create and run great digital services.
- Methods 18F – Collection of tools to bring human-centered design into your project.
- Guides 18F – 18F Guides is the repository for best practices across our teams.
- Usability.Gov – Improving the User Experience.
- Medial Lab Amsterdam – Design method toolkit.
- Design Kit IDEO – Step-by-step guide to unleashing your creativity.
- Gamestorming – Gamestorming is a set of co-creation tools used by innovators around the world.
- UX Magazine – UX Magazine is a free community resource exploring all facets of experience design.
- UX Both – The UX Booth is a publication by and for the user experience community.
- UX Mastery – We help user experience professionals get started and get better.
- UX Myths – Build your product based on evidence, not false beliefs.
- A List Apart – List Apart explores the design, development, and meaning of web content.
- 52 Weeks of UX – Discourse on the process of designing for real people.
- UX Pin – Guides, articles and ebooks that explore all facets of UX Design.
- The IxD Library – Collection of materials related to Interaction Design.
- LukeW – Publications on the critical details and big picture behind digital product design.
- NN Group – Evidence-Based User Experience Research, Training, and Consulting.
- Cooper – Blog about design, business, and the world we live in.
- Information Design – InfoDesign Hand-picked since 1997.
- Intercom – Design, Customer Success, & Startup Blog.
- UXDesign.cc – User Experience, Usability, Product Design. Follow the UXDesign.cc.
- UX Reactions – Fun stuff.
- UX Recipe – This project is a personal manifesto against the objectification of the term “UX”.
- UX Checklist – UX Project Checklist.
- UX Stackexchange – UX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site.
- Ant Design – An UI design language for enterprise applications.
- iOS Guidelines – Get in-depth information and UI resources for designing great apps that integrate seamlessly with Apple platforms.
- Google Material – Material Design is a unified system that combines theory, resources, and tools for crafting digital experiences.
- Google Design – Google Design is a cooperative effort led by a group of designers, writers, and developers at Google.
- Facebook Design – Collection of articles, videos, and resources made by designers at Facebook.
- UsTwo – Pixel Perfect Precision Handbook 3.
- Vinsol – Tips for Designers: from a Developer.
- Pttrns – The mother of all design resources.
- Call To Idea – Light up your imagination!.
- Android Niceties – Aiming to provide inspiration and insight into Android UI conventions.
- Lovely UI – Collection of mobile UI elements.
- Brian Lovin – Visual exploration of the best products.
- Inspired UI – iOS Mobile Apps Design Patterns.
- Sloppy UI – It’s all about intellectual honesty, not trolling.
- Pattern Lab – Create atomic design systems with Pattern Lab.
- Huge – Tool to make creating and maintaining styleguides easy.
- Stylify Me – This tool allows the designer to research sites efficiently without the need to inspect each element.
- Density Bucket – Density Converter.
- iDetailAid – Android DP / PX converter.
- Design Principles FTW – The biggest collection of Design Principles on the Internet.
- Find Guidelines – The fastest way to brand assets.
- Style Guides – Website Style Guide Resources.
- Awesome Design Systems – Curated list of design systems, patterns libraries, and everything in between.
- Instant Logo Search – Search & download thousands of logos instantly.
- Logo Book – Discover the worlds finest logos, symbols & trademarks.
- Awesome Sketch – Curated list of awesome Sketch videos, articles, plugins, whatever, for designers, developers, or neither.
- Use Iconic – Meet Iconic. The definitive icon set designed for the modern web.
- Icon Finder – Search through 1,739,045 icons or browse 42,226 icon sets.
- We Love Icon Font – This is a free & open source icon fonts hosting service.
- The Noun Project – Icons for everything.
- Iconmonstr – Discover 3847+ free simple icons in 263 collections.
- Open Foundry – New platform for open-source fonts in a noise-free environment.
- Use & Modify – Provide a contemporary set of fonts distributed under libre or open source licences, hand picked by a typography and free culture lover.
- Font Fabric – Fontfabric is an independent type foundry.
- Font Squirrel – Free Font Utopia.
- Play Type – Browse through our selection of more than a hundred fonts and nearly 500 different font weights.
- Identyfont – Identify a font by answering questions about key features.
- NN Group – Typography Terms Cheat Sheet.
- Coolors – The super fast color schemes generator!.
- Colour Lovers – Creative community.
- Color Hunt – Color Hunt is a social platform for everyone who love colors.
- Brand Colors – 1100+ color collection available in sass, less, stylus and css.
- Unsplash – Free (do whatever you want) – high-resolution photos.
- StockSnap – Hundreds of high resolution images added weekly.
- Pixbay – Free images and videos you can use anywhere.
- Jay Mantry – Free pics (CC0).
- The Stock – The best royalty free stock photos are delivered now along with videos, audios, icons, fonts and colors.
- Get Refe – Royalty-free, high-quality, Real Life photos.
- ISO Republic – ISO Republic provides free stock photos for creative professionals.
- All The Free Stock – Get all the Free Stock Images, Videos, Music and Icons in one location.
- Pexels – Free stock images in a range of styles including filtered, natural, and commercial.
- unDraw – Open-source illustrations for every project you can imagine and create.
- Vimeo – Royalty Free Stock Video for Free Personal, Corporate or Commercial Use.
- Pattern Lab – Create atomic design systems with Pattern Lab.
- Polar – Photo Editor.
- Licecap – Simple animated screen captures.
- Hand Brake – HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Skala Color – Extraordinary color picker for designers and developers.
- Font Picker – Webfont library for your browser.
- Font Reach – FontReach scans the top million sites to show font usage across the web.
- The 12 Principles – The 12 basic principles of animation were developed by the ‘old men’ of Walt Disney Studios.
- Hoverstat – The home of alternative digital design.
- Microinteractions – Designing with Details.
- Motion UI Design – Resources for inspiration, lists of software, libraries and other stuff related to Motion UI design, animations and transitions.
- Pop – POP helps you transform your pen and paper ideas into an interactive iPhone or Android prototype.
- Invision – The world’s leading prototyping, collaboration & workflow platform.
- Marvel – Simple design, prototyping and collaboration.
- Flinto – Flinto lets designers quickly make interactive prototypes of their mobile, desktop, or web apps.
- Origami Studio – Explore, iterate, and test your ideas.
- Framer – All-in-one design workflow.
- Form – Build and customize native prototypes directly on device.
- Proto – Create fully-interactive high-fidelity prototypes that look and work exactly like your app should. No coding required.
- Fuse – Create better native apps for iOS and Android with a new breed of development tools.
- ProtoPie – ProtoPie is the easiest prototyping tool to build advanced, highly interactive prototypes.
- Lottie – Easily add high-quality animation to any native app.
- Keynotopia – Keynotopia transforms Keynote and PowerPoint into the best rapid prototyping tools for creating mobile, web and desktop UI mockups.
- Gov.Uk – Making your service accessible: an introduction.
- Smashing Magazine – Color Contrast And Why You Should Rethink It.
- Medium – Accessibility for designers. Mind your RGB’s.
- Web Credible – Visual design and color accessibility.
- A List Apart – Easy Color Contrast Testing.
- Viget – Color Contrast for Better Readability.
- WAVE – Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool.
- Contrast Ratio – A tool to calculate the contrast ratio between any two valid CSS colors.
- Snook – Colour Contrast Check.
- CanvasFlip – Colorblind simulator for Designers.
- Google trends – Stories trending now.
- Google Ngram – Enter phrases into the Google Books Ngram Viewer, it displays a graph showing how those phrases have occurred in a corpus of books.
- Hemingway – Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear.
- Readable – You have 7 seconds to grab someone’s attention. Readable.io helps you cut out the noise.
- The Writer – How readable is your writing?.
- Taskade – Collaborative editor and outliner.
- London Datastore – The London Datastore is a free and open data-sharing portal.
- YouGov – We believe in the power of participation.
- Data.Gov – Find data published by government departments and agencies, public bodies and local authorities.
- The Tate Collection – Here we present the metadata for around 70,000 artworks.
- NASA – We’re Setting Data, Code and APIs free.
- IoT Manifesto – Guidelines for responsible design in a connected world.
- IoT Weekly News – Subscribe to hand picked articles by Justin Grammens on the Internet of Things.
- IoT Agenda – Design an IoT user experience, not an IoT product.
- IoT For All – Designing the Internet of Things – 5 Key Principles.