A curated list about React Hooks.
Hooks are a new addition in React 16.8. They let you use state and other React features without writing a class.
- Introducing Hooks
- Hooks at a Glance
- Using the State Hook
- Using the Effect Hook
- Rules of Hooks
- Building Your Own Hooks
- Hooks API Reference
- Hooks FAQ
- React Today and Tomorrow and 90% Cleaner React – Dan Abramov and Sophie Alpert.
- Making Sense of React Hooks – Dan Abramov.
- React Hooks and Suspense – Kent C. Dodds.
- React Hooks & testing: Stepping through React code – Kent C. Dodds.
- My Thoughts on React Hooks – Ben Awad.
- Fetching Data from an API with React Hooks useEffect – Ben Awad.
- Are React Hooks Slower than Class Components? – Ben Awad.
- Building a Todo List with React Hooks useState – Ben Awad.
- Using React Hooks vs. Class Components – Ben Awad.
- Using Immer with Reducers and React Hooks – Ben Awad.
- React Hooks useContext – Ben Awad.
- Everything you need to know about React Hooks – Carl Vitullo.
- Hooks in react-spring, a tutorial – Paul Henschel.
- React Hooks: Notes Taken – Tomáš Konrády.
- Getting Started with React Hooks – Chris Sevilleja.
- React hooks: not magic, just arrays – Rudi Yardley.
- Why React’s new Hooks API is a game changer – Rudi Yardley.
- Writing Custom React Hooks for GraphQL – Nader Dabit.
- Manage global state with React Hooks – Charles Stover.
- React Hooks: Managing Web Sockets with useEffect and useState – Ross Bulat.
- Primer on React Hooks – Austin Johnston.
- React Hooks – A deeper dive featuring useContext and useReducer – Austin Johnston.
- Advanced React Hooks Workshop – Kent C. Dodds.
- v6 Candidate Preview: Use React Hooks for connect – Mark Erikson.
- RFC: React Hooks – Sebastian Markbåge.
- Using Hooks in React Native – Héctor Ramos.
- Color Match – Color Match Game.
- React Hooks counter – Counter using useState of React Hooks.
- Toggle component – Toggle component made with React Hooks.
- Hooks test – Somewhat complicated use case solved relatively nicely with React Hooks.
- React Hanger – React Hanger example.
- React Navigation Hooks – React hooks for convenient react-navigation use.
- Haunted – React’s Hooks API implemented for web components.
- useHooks – Easy to understand React Hook recipes by Gabe Ragland.
- Collection of React Hooks – Collection of React Hooks.
- React Spring demo – Demo of how react-spring could use React Hooks as a new API.
- React Hooks – React Hooks useState() and useEffect().
- Hooks Todo App – App made with React Hooks.
- react-thanos – React hooks implementation of Google’s Thanos easter egg.
- redux-react-hook – React Hook for accessing state and dispatch from a Redux store.
- react-use – Collection of essential React Hooks.
- The Platform – Browser API’s turned into React Hooks and Suspense-friendly React elements for common situations.
- eslint-plugin-react-hooks – This plugin enforce rule of hooks to avoid common mistakes.
- react-hooks-lib – A set of reusable React Hooks.
- use-immer – A hook to use immer as a React hook to manipulate state.
- react-hanger – A small collection of useful hooks for React 16.7.
- react-firebase-hooks – A set of reusable React Hooks for Firebase.
- react-intersection-visible-hook – React hook to track the visibility of a functional component based on Intersection Visible Observer.
- use-timer – Simple React hook to handle timer.
- react-native-hooks – React Native APIs turned into React Hooks for use in stateless React components.
- react-with-hooks – Ponyfill for the proposed React Hooks API.
- react-hooks-screen-type – Determining screen size type for Bootstrap 4 grid.
- use-http – React hooks for making isomorphic HTTP requests.
- react-fetch-hook – React hook for conveniently use Fetch API.
- storeon – hook-based state manager in 173 bytes.
- react-hook-form – Performance, flexible and extensible forms with easy to use for validation.