- CSS Regression Testing
- Desktop Tools
- Selenium Grid
- Cloud Services
- Device Farms
- Web Scraping / Mining
- WD – WebDriver/Selenium 2 node.js client.
- WebdriverIO – better implementation of WebDriver bindings with predefined 50+ actions.
- CasperJS – open source navigation scripting & testing utility.
- Zombie.js – Insanely fast, headless full-stack testing.
- DalekJS – Automated cross browser testing.
- SlimerJS – A scriptable browser for Web developers.
- yiewd – WD.js wrapper using latest Harmony generators! Get rid of the callback pyramid with yield.
- Karma – Brings a productive testing environment to developers for unit testing (mostly AngularJS).
- Protractor – Protractor is an end-to-end test framework for AngularJS applications.
- CodeceptJS – Modern Era Acceptance Testing Framework for NodeJS.
- Nightmare.js – A high-level browser automation library.
- Selenium with Ruby – Selenium Ruby bindings
- Watir – Automated testing that doesn’t hurt
- Anemone – Anemone web-spider framework.
- Mechanize – automating interaction with websites.
- Spidr – web spidering library that can spider a site, multiple domains, certain links or infinitely.
- cobweb – web crawler that can use resque to cluster crawls to quickly crawl extremely large sites.
- Capybara – an integration testing tool for rack based web applications. It simulates how a user would interact with a website.
- Facebook WebDriver – A PHP client for webdriver.
- Selenium Setup – A tool for PHP developers to start their own Selenium server.
- Steward – A test runner integrating php-webdriver with PHPUnit.
- Selenium with Python – Selenium Python bindings
- Helium – Helium makes Selenium easier and faster to use
- Selene – Selenide-inspired concise and readable automated test framework, supports Ajax well like Selenide.
- Pomade – SauceLabs integrated test runner for Selenium test.
- mechanize – Stateful programmatic web browsing.
- Robot – Robot Framework is a generic test automation framework for acceptance testing and ATDD.
- behave-webdriver behavior driven testing with Selenium and Python.
- Selenium with Java – Selenium Java bindings
- Conductor – Turbo-boosted Selenium framework that makes test writing a breeze.
- darcy – Page object framework for structured, maintainable automation.
- Selenide – A framework for writing easy-to-read and easy-to-maintain automated tests using a Fluent API. Selenide has a magic trick that resolves most problems with Ajax and timeouts.
- Galen Framework – Automated testing of look and feel for your responsive websites.
- Serenity – It is an open source library for writing better quality automated acceptance tests faster. (Formerly Thucydides).
- seleniumQuery – jQuery-like cross-driver interface in Java for WebDriver. Designed as a thin layer, it can be used alone or on top of your favorite framework just to make some cases (e.g. asserting/waiting) simpler when needed.
- WebDriverManager – Automatic management of Selenium WebDriver binaries.
- Selenium with C# – Selenium C# bindings
- Atata – Automated web testing full featured framework based on Selenium WebDriver.
- Strontium – A .NET implementation (but outdated) for Selenium/WebDriver (Remote) Server
- Geb – It can be used for scripting, scraping and general automation — or equally as a functional/web/acceptance testing solution via integration with testing frameworks such as Spock, JUnit & TestNG.
- dart.webdriver – Provides WebDriver bindings for Dart. These use the WebDriver JSON interface, and as such, require the use of the WebDriver remote server.
CSS Regression Testing
- PhantomCSS – Visual/CSS regression testing with PhantomJS.
- WebdriverCSS – Regression testing tool for WebdriverIO (currently deprecated, please use wdio-screenshot for the time being).
- elgalu/docker-selenium – Selenium in Docker with Chrome & Firefox plus video recording support.
- Ggr – A lightweight load balancer used to create big Selenium clusters.
- SeleniumHQ/docker-selenium – Docker images for Selenium Standalone Server, Hub, and Node configurations with Chrome and Firefox.
- Selenoid – A lightweight Selenium hub implementation launching browsers in Docker containers.
- zalando/zalenium – Allows anyone to have a disposable and flexible Selenium Grid infrastructure
- bravostudiodev/bravo-grid – Docker image/setup for Selenium Grid Extras (see under Selenium Grid section), for providing remote Sikuli test/automation execution and grid node file upload/download support.
- kubernetes/examples – Example deployment of Selenium Hub and Nodes on a Kubernetes cluster
- Moon – A commercial closed-source enterprise Selenium implementation using Kubernetes to launch browsers
- Callisto – An open-source tool to launch browsers in Kubernetes. Separate is created for each selenium session.
- WebGrid – An open-source, decentralized, scalable and robust selenium-grid equivalent.
- Firefox – Firefox driver (for FF < v48) is included in the selenium-server-standalone.jar available in the downloads.
- Geckodriver – Firefox driver (for FF > v48), supported with Selenium >= v3
- Chrome – ChromeDriver is a standalone server which implements WebDriver’s wire protocol for Chromium.
- Internet Explorer – The InternetExplorerDriver is a standalone server which implements WebDriver’s wire protocol.
- Edgedriver – Microsoft Webdriver server for Edge
- Safari – The SafariDriver is implemented as a Safari browser extension. The driver inverts the traditional client/server relationship and communicates with the WebDriver client using WebSockets (only supported for Safari <= v9, all new Safari version comming with macOS Sierra come with an integrated SafariDriver that is closed source by Apple).
- Opera – OperaDriver is a vendor-supported WebDriver implementation developed by Opera Software and volunteers that implements WebDriver API for Opera.
Mobile (browsers and apps)
- Appium – Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native and hybrid mobile apps. It drives iOS, Android Apps using the WebDriver protocol.
- Selendroid – Selendroid is based on the Android instrumentation framework.
- ios-driver – Test any IOS native, hybrid, or mobile web application using Selenium / WebDriver.
- WebDriverAgent – a WebDriver server for iOS to remote control devices via WebDriver API.
Desktop GUI Automation (non-browser-centric)
- WinAppDriver – Microsoft’s WebDriver implementation for Windows application automation.
- Winium – Automation framework for Windows platforms. It is free. It is opensource. It is Selenium-based. Supports: Windows Desktop (WPF, WinForms); Windows Store or Universal Apps for Windows Phone; Windows Phone Silverlight Apps.
- QtWebDriver – For using WebDriver to automate Qt-based GUI applications.
- AutoItDriverServer – Selenium server to control/drive AutoIt via (Remote)WebDriver API.
- AutoPyDriverServer – Selenium server to control/drive AutoPy via (Remote)WebDriver API.
- Appium for Mac – Appium/WebDriver implementation for automating Mac OS X desktop.
- SilkAppDriver – Selenium server to control/drive the commercial SilkTest platform via (Remote)WebDriver API.
- SWD Page Recorder – Windows Desktop application that makes it easy to create, test and debug new Selenium Webdriver PageObject classes. It works with C#, Java, Python and Ruby out of the box and you may add own code generation templates.
- SWET – A successor to SWD Page Recorder, for the same functionality.
- Looking Glass – Java application that offers a cross-browser element inspector and Selenium code generator.
- Ranorex Selocity – A Firebug/FirePath/Firefinder and Selenium IDE alternative for browser element inspection from the creators of Ranorex.
- Silk WebDriver – A Selenium IDE alternative for record, playback, and script export, from the creators of SilkTest.
- Fire IE Selenium – Microsoft Excel-based tool providing element inspection for Internet Explorer browser.
- Selenium Grid Extras – A framework that provides additional features beyond the basic Selenium Grid like video recording.
- SeLion – A (Java) framework for running Selenium tests with additional features beyond the basic Selenium Grid functionality, particularly like stability improvements, etc.
- Selenium Grid Extensions – A set of extensions for Selenium Grid that provide additional features like running Sikuli tests/automation remotely, upload/download files on a grid node.
- Sauce Labs – Cross browser testing made awesome. Selenium testing, mobile testing, JS unit testing on 300+ OS/browser platforms. Get started for free.
- Browserstack – Test your website for cross browser compatibility on real browsers. Instant access to multiple desktop and mobile browsers. Get Free Trial.
- LambdaTest – Test your website for cross browser compatibility on 2000+ real browsers & OS. Get Free Trial.
- TestingBot – TestingBot provides easy cross browser testing with Selenium in the cloud.
- Aerokube Browsers – Lightning fast online Selenium testing platform with unlimited billing plans and reasonable pricing.
- Moon Cloud – Your dedicated Selenium cluster in public cloud platform with per-minute billing and unlimited number of browsers.
- Mail7 – Disposable email service to automate the email workflow testing, This document explains how to implement Mail7 with Selenium
- OpenSTF – A framework for running your own device farm, geared toward Android, but also iOS.
Web Scraping / Mining
- Scrapy – Python, mainly a scraper/miner – fast, well documented and, can be linked with Django Dynamic Scraper for nice mining deployments, or Scrapy Cloud for PaaS (server-less) deployment, works in terminal or an server stand-alone process, can be used with Celery, built on top of Twisted.
- Node-Crawler – Node.js Web Crawler/Spider for NodeJS + server-side jQuery.
- The WebDriver Wire Protocol – All implementations of WebDriver that communicate with the browser, or a RemoteWebDriver server shall use a common wire protocol.
- WebDriver – This specification defines the WebDriver API, a platform and language-neutral interface and associated wire protocol that allows programs or scripts to introspect into, and control the behavior of, a web browser.