A curated list of resources about all things serverless.
Table of contents
- Blog posts
- Related projects
- Serverless Framework Plugins
- Literature / Education
- Professional services
- Serverless.com – Serverless.com homepage.
- Documentation – Serverless.com Documentation.
- Forum – Official Serverless forum.
- Meetups – List with all official Serverless meetups.
- Stack Overflow – Stack Overflow questions.
- ServerlessConf – Serverless specialized conference.
- Serverless Weekly – A weekly newsletter about serverless architectures and paradigms.
- Serverless working group – CNCF serverless working group.
- Serverless Summit – Conference about serverless technologies / computing.
- Serverless Plugin Directory – A directory of Serverless Framework plugins.
- OpenEvents – A specification for describing event data in a common way.
- The power of serverless – Overview why serverless is a great choice – especially for frontend developers.
- Serverless Code – Blog about everything serverless related.
- Serverless Zone – Everything Serverless related.
- Serverless Blog – Official blog of the Serverless Framework.
- Serverless Stories – Medium publication from the team behind the Serverless Framework.
- Going Serverless – Blog about serverless architectures and the Serverless Framework.
- Foobar Tech – Blog about serverless architectures and programming in general.
- Serverless Guy – Blog about a “life without servers”.
- Serverless City – News, products, opinions, howtos, and everything you need to know to be a Serverless Citizen.
- FaaS Forward – Learning & living on the FaaS-Lane.
- ServerlessOps – Design, build and run reliable serverless systems.
- Serverless computing requires a shift in mindset – Why IT leaders must communicate business value when talking about serverless solutions.
- Hosted vs. installable serverless platforms – Survey which covers hosted vs. installable serverless solutions.
- Launching TriggerMesh – TriggerMesh (serverless management platform on top of knative) announcement blog post.
- Serverless without containers – How Cloudflare utilizes the v8 engine to isolate and run Cloudflare Workers written in Node.js.
- Takeaways from ServerlessNYC 2018 – Key takeaways from the ServerlessNYC 2018 conference.
- Serverless & Functions - Not one and the same – Post about the differences between serverless computing and FaaS.
- Serverless for startups – Why serverless is the fastest way to build a technology idea.
- Serverless monitoring, security, frameworks, tools – Post about the different serverless monitoring, security, framework and tooling solutions.
- Writing portable serverless applications – Post on how to write portable serverless applications that can run on different compute environments.
- Serverless sea change – Article which defines and explains how serverless is different from other application architectures.
- Serverless Instant Checkout Links with Square – An example showing how to build serverless instant checkout links backed by Square APIs.
- Build apps faster with Azure Serverless – Walkthrough of the Microsoft Azure Functions serverless offering.
- FaaS performance comparison – Comparing serverless function performance.
- Introduction to Kubeless – Video which introduces the Kubeless project and their Serverless Framework integration.
- What’s new in Serverless v1.22 – Video walkthrough about all the new features in Serverless v1.22.
- Kuhiro: Birth of the NearCloud – Video which explains the concepts of NearCloud.
- How to build a regionally distributed serverless architecture – Webinar on how to build a regionally distributed serverless architecture.
- Autoscaling DynamoDB with the Serverless Framework – Walkthrough on how to use DynamoDB autoscaling functionality with the Serverless Framework.
- Building React + Serverless full stack apps – How to build full stack apps using React and the Serverless Framework.
- Become a serverless black belt – AWS online tech talk on how to optimize serverless applications.
- Jazz serverless developer teaser – T-Mobiles Jazz serverless developer teaser.
- The serverless and event-driven future – How the Event Gateway enables a new way to build event-driven applications.
- Serverless, Not So FaaS – CloudNativeCon 2018 Keynote by Kelsey Hightower, Kubernetes Community Member, Google.
- Bringing serverless to Rock ‘n Roll – Podcast on how Fender utilizes serverless technologies for their digital learning platform.
- Using the Event Gateway to build serverless multi-cloud applications – How the Event Gateway can be used to build multi-cloud applications.
- Deep dive into serverless – Slide deck about serverless application development.
- Discussing serverless – Podcast about the serverless landscape.
- Confusion in the land of the serverless – Sam Newmans talk about serverless technologies at GOTO 2018.
- Serverless state of the union – Austen Collins keynote talk about serverless and the state of the union at the Open Source Summit 2018.
- ServerlessConf SF 2018 videos – Talks from the ServerlessConf SF 2018.
- Serverless at iRobot – How serverless technologies are used at iRobot.
- Official joke API – Vue Jokester application backend.
- Event Gateway Getting Started – Walkthrough application for using the Event Gateway.
- Utils – General Serverless utilities.
- CloudWatch public metrics – Expose AWS CloudWatch metrics as a public HTML page.
- Invoicely – Invoice automation tool.
- World Cup Slackbot – Post 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ matches events to Slack.
- Serverless Express – Run your unmodified express app on AWS Lambda via the Serverless Framework.
- TypeScript composite monorepo – Yarn / Lerna workspaces with Typescript 3.0 composite references using
nohoistfor compatible serverless application packaging.
- Next serverless – Deploys your next.js application to AWS Lambda.
- Serverless Central – Sample Lambda monorepo.
- Tipe – Next generation serverless CMS.
- Spiderless – A web spider / scraper / website change detector built with Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB and SNS.
- PriceTrack – API / Website for E-commerce price tracking. Built with Firebase functions and Firebase Hosting.
- FaaS boilerplates – Boilerplates for FaaS offerings that work in conjunction with Hasura GraphQL Engine’s event triggers.
- CloudCompose – An open community marketplace for serverless functions and workflows.
- Mutton – A Python shim library for better AWS Lambda handlers.
- Begin – Create AWS serverless apps, APIs, and sites with databases, sessions, and full CI/CD.
- Operiant – Connect your event streams to actions.
- TriggerMesh – Serverless cloud with a library of event triggers to enable hybrid cloud and workload portability.
- Handly – A wrapper for serverless handlers to prevent silly mistakes.
- Serverless boilerplate – Minimal yet super-functional Serverless boilerplate.
- Firecracker – Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- Cirrus – Serverless machine learning framework.
- OpenFaaS – Serverless Functions Made Simple for Docker and Kubernetes.
- OpenFaaS Cloud – OpenFaaS Cloud: multi-user serverless functions driven by git.
Serverless Framework Plugins
- Local environment – Set local environment variables.
- Offline SSM – Read SSM parameters from a
.envfile instead of AWS.
- Nocode – Deploy nocode via the Serverless Framework.
- Canary deployments – Implement canary deployments of AWS Lambda functions.
- Flow-based programming – Flow-based programming plugin for Serverless.
- Go serverless – GoFormation for the Serverless Framework. Create Serverless configs with Go structs.
- Event Gateway – Event Gateway plugin for the Serverless Framework.
- Fn – Fn provider plugin.
- Cloudflare Workers – Provider plugin for Cloudflare Workers.
- S3 Deploy – Plugin to deploy files to an S3 Bucket.
Literature / Education
- Going serverless – Building scalable applications with the Serverless Framework and AWS Lambda.
- AWS Lambda, Kinesis & Serverless Framework – Udemy Course on the Serverless Framework.
- The Serverless Framework: Quick Start – Video course which provides a quick start for the Serverless Framework.
- Intro to the Serverless Framework – Introduction course for the Serverless Framework.
- ServerlessLab – Effective serverless, AWS Lambda and Node.js training.
- Serverless Applications with AWS – Introduction course with AWS and Serverless Framework. Build a production like app using the most common AWS Serverless services.
- Event Gateway Workshop – Learn what the Event Gateway is, how it works and build your first event-driven multi-cloud application.
- Serverless streaming architectures – Serverless streaming architectures and best practices.
- Develop a Serverless Backend using Node.js on AWS Lambda – Learn how to create a serverless API and connecting it to DynamoDB leveraging Lambda’s new async / await syntax.
- Agile development for serverless platforms – How to apply agile practices in fully serverless architectures.
- AI as a Service A book that teaches you how to harness the power of cloud-based AI services and serverless computing. An engineering approach to serverless AI.