User scripts can improve your browsing experience, and open a lot of possibilities to make the sites you visit better by adding features, making them easier to use, or taking out the annoying bits.
- How to use
- Additional Catalogues
How to use
To use user scripts you need to first install a user script manager. Here are managers for various browsers:
- Greasemonkey – Firefox
- Supports GM 4 userscripts.
- Greasemonkey for Pale Moon – Pale Moon
- Supports GM 3 userscripts.
- Firemonkey – Firefox
- Supports GM 4 userscripts and some GM 3 userscripts.
- Tampermonkey – Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, Firefox (also with support for mobile Dolphin Browser and UC Browser)
- Supports both GM 3 and GM 4 userscripts.
- USI – Firefox
- Supports some GM 3 userscripts.
- Violentmonkey – Chrome, Firefox, Maxthon, Opera
- Supports both GM 3 and GM 4 userscripts.
The most popular userscript managers are Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, and Violentmonkey.
There’s no focused plugins to get Userscripts running on Internet Explorer, but the Adguard extension provide this feature.
- Direct links out – Removes all “You are leaving our site” and redirection stuff from links.
- Linkify Plus Plus – Turn plain text URLs into links.
- Select text inside a link like Opera – Disable link dragging and select text.
- Show and reload broken images – Show and reload broken images, even when it contains “alt” tag.
- Show Password onMouseOver – Show password when mouseover on password field.
- URL Shortener Unshortener – Adds small button next to shortened URLs that will replace the shortened URLs with their real locations and vice-versa. Useful for when you don’t want to blindly click links.
- Anti-Adblock Killer – Bypasses anti-adblock functionality in websites.
- AntiAdware – Remove forced download accelerators, managers, and adware on supported websites.
- AdsBypasser – Bypass Ads, Popups and count-down ads.
- Github Reply Comments – Easy reply to Github comments.
- GitHub Commit Whitespace – Adds button to hide whitespace diffs from commits.
- Github Commit Diff – Adds button to show diff (or patch) file for commit.
- GitHub Monospace Editor – Provide MonoSpace font on GitHub textareas.
- GitHub PR Approvals – Require approvals in GitHub PRs before merging is allowed.
- GitHub User Info – Show user information on avatar hover.
- GitHub Image Viewer – Preview images from within the file listing.
- GitHub Dark Script – Apply the GitHub-Dark style to the site.
- GitHub monospace font toggle – Add a monospace font toggle to comments.
- GitHub Diff File Toggle – Add a toggle to each diff file (shift-click toggles all files).
- GitHub Toggle Code Wrap – Toggle code wrapping in files.
- GitHub Custom Emojis – Add custom emojis anywhere on GitHub.
- GitHub Make Tooltips – Convert all titles into GitHub tooltips.
- GitHub code colors – Add a color swatch preview to code.
- GitHub code folding – Add code folding to files.
- GitHub code guides – Add code guides to files and diffs.
- GitHub code show whitespace – Show whitespace (spaces/tabs/carriage returns) in files.
- GitHub collapse in comment – Toggle long code blocks in comments.
- GitHub collapse markdown – Toggle markdown headers.
- GitHub custom hotkeys – Add your own custom hotkeys to all of GitHub.
- GitHub custom navigation – Add a custom navigation bar to link anywhere.
- GitHub diff files filter – Add a file type filter to diffs.
- GitHub diff links – Add next and previous buttons to each diff file.
- GitHub font preview – Preview OTF, TTF and WOFF font files.
- GitHub image preview – Add an image preview mode.
- GitHub indent comments – Use the tab key in comments.
- GitHub issue comments – Toggle the view of some issue comments and timeline entries.
- GitHub issue counts – Show the number of issues in repository view.
- GitHub issue highlighter – Highlight the linked issue.
- GitHub label color picker – Add an extensive color picker to the label editor.
- GitHub remove diff signs – Remove diff signs from file diffs.
- GitHub rtl comments – Add right-to-left indicators in comments.
- GitHub search autocomplete – Add a search filter autocomplete to all of GitHub.
- GitHub sort content – Sort lists and tables on GitHub.
- GitHub static time – Convert time ago into a time format of your choice.
- GitHub table of contents – Show a TOC window for Readme and wiki pages.
- GitHub title notification – Add a notification indicator to browser tabs.
- GitHub toggle expanders – Expand or collapse all commit titles.
- GitHub toggle wiki sidebar – Toggle wiki sidebar view.
- Gist to dabblet – Add a Dabblet link to Gists saved from Dabblet.
- Github News Feed Filter – Add filters for Github homepage news feed items.
- Github Pull Request From Link – Make pull request branches linkable.
- Github Pages Linker – Add a link to Github Pages (gh-pages) when available.
- Endless Google – Load more results automatically and endlessly.
- Google Images direct link – Adds direct links to images and pages in google image search.
- Google Translate Keyboard Shortcut – Adds keyboard shortcut for quick swapping between active languages.
- Reddit Search On Google – Adds a button to your Google searches to show only Reddit posts.
- Handy Image – Displays the full size image for many image hosting websites, skipping popups and other annoying stuff.
- Image Max URL – Finds larger or original versions of images/videos for thousands of supported websites, including a customizable image popup feature.
- Mouseover Popup Image Viewer – (Deprecated) Shows images and videos behind links and thumbnails.
- Mouseover Popup Image Viewer (updated fork) – An updated fork of MPIV, maintained by one of Violentmonkey’s developers.
- Picviewer CE+ – Powerful picture viewing tool which can popup/scale/rotate/batch save pictures automatically.
- Remove Google Click Tracking – Removes Google’s click-tracking from result links.
- Remove Yandex Redirect – Removes Yandex’s click-tracking from result links.
- Hide YouTube recommendations – Hides the thumbnails and titles of the recommended videos to reduce distraction and procrastination.
- Iridium – Adds a lot of extra functionality to YouTube, including pop-out videos, extra control over video/comment feeds, and much more.
- YouTube Link Title – Adds video titles, shows previews and embeds on click. Also supported: Vimeo, LiveLeak, Dailymotion, vidme, WorldStarHipHop, Vine, Coub, Streamable.
- YouTube Plus – YouTube Plus contains all kind of different useful functions which makes your visit on YouTube much more entertaining.
- YouTube Subtitle Download – Adds links to download video subtitles.
- Greasemonkey Hacks – Complete wiki book on Userscripts.
- Greasemonkey Tutorial for Beginners – How to create simple Userscripts and installing it using Greasemonkey.
- Video – GreaseMonkey Userscript Development
- UserScripts Mirror – Mirror of the original Userscripts.org repository (that is currently down).
- Greasy Fork