For Vert.x version 2 check this page.
- Build tools
- Web Frameworks
- Authentication Authorisation
- Database Clients
- Language Support
- Sync Thread Non Block
- Vert.x Event Bus Clients
- Cluster Managers
- Cloud Support
- Search Engines
- Template Engines
- Service Factory
- Dependency Injection
- Development Tools
- A gentle guide to asynchronous programming with Eclipse Vert.x for Java developers by Julien Ponge, Thomas Segismont and Julien Viet
- Building Reactive Microservices in Java by Clément Escoffier
- Vert.x in Action by Julien Ponge
- Vert.x Maven plugin
- Vert.x Gradle plugin
- Vert.x Codegen Gradle plugin – A Gradle plugin to facilitate the codegen usage for Vert.x Java projects.
- Vert.x Web – Full featured web toolkit for Vert.x.
- Vert.x Jersey – Create JAX-RS Jersey resources in Vert.x.
- Kovert – Invisible REST framework for Kotlin + Vert.x Web.
- Handlers – Open web framework for Vert.x.
- QBit – REST and WebSocket method call marshaling and reactive library.
- vertx-rest-storage – Persistence for REST resources in the filesystem or a redis database.
- Jubilee – A rack compatible Ruby HTTP server built on Vert.x 3.
- Knot.x – Efficient & high-performance integration platform for modern websites built on Vert.x 3.
- Irked – Annotations-based configuration for Vert.x 3 Web and controller framework.
- REST.VertX – Lightweight JAX-RS (RestEasy) like annotation processor for Vert.x verticals.
- Atmosphere Vert.x – Realtime Client Server Framework for the JVM, supporting WebSockets and Server Sent Events with Cross-Browser Fallbacks.
- Vert.x Vaadin – Run Vaadin applications on Vert.x.
- Serverx – Allows you to quickly and easily set up a Vert.x-powered server using only route handler annotations.
- Cloudopt Next – Cloudopt Next is a very lightweight and modern, JVM-based, full stack kotlin framework designed for building modular, easily testable JVM applications with support for Java, Kotlin language, crafted from the best of breed Java libraries and standards.
- Vert.x Auth JDBC – Vert.x authentication/authorisation JDBC based.
- Vert.x Auth JWT – Vert.x Authorisation based on JSON Web Tokens.
- Vert.x Auth Shiro – Vert.x AuthN/AuthZ based on Apache Shiro.
- Vert.x Auth htdigest – Vert.x Authorisation/Authentication based on Apache htdigest.
- Vert.x Auth Mongo – Vert.x Authorisation/Authentication based on MongoDB.
- Vert.x Auth OAuth2 – Vert.x Authorisation/Authentication based on OAuth 2.
- Vert.x Auth htpasswd – Vert.x Authorisation/Authentication based on htpasswd.
- Vert.x-Pac4j – Vert.x authentication/authorisation implemented using pac4j.
Clients for connecting to databases
- Relational Databases
- Reactive SQL Client – High performance reactive SQL client.
- JDBC – Asynchronous interface around a JDBC datasource.
- MySQL / PostgreSQL – Asynchronous Client for MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL – Reactive PostgreSQL Client.
- database – Client for Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, HyperSQL, etc. designed for security, correctness, and ease of use.
- jOOQ – Doing typesafe, asynchronous SQL and generate code using jOOQ.
- NoSQL Databases
- MongoDB – An asynchronous client for interacting with a MongoDB database.
- Redis – Asynchronous API to interact with Redis.
- Cassandra – A Vert.x client allowing applications to interact with a Cassandra service.
- Cassandra – Asynchronous API to interact with Cassandra and Cassandra Mapping.
- OrientDB – Non-blocking OrientDB server integration.
- Bitsy – Non-blocking Bitsy Graph server integration.
- MarkLogic – Asynchronous client for Marklogic Database Server.
- SirixDB – Non-blocking SirixDB HTTP-server.
- DGraph – An example on how to build a Vert.x gRPC compliant client. Here targeting dgraph
- RxFirestore – Non-blocking Firestore SDK written in a reactive way.
- MongoDB – Pure functional and reactive MongoDB client on top of Vert.x Effect. Full support for retry, fallback and recovery operations.
- vertx-pojo-mapper – Non-blocking POJO mapping for MySQL and MongoDB.
- vertx-mysql-binlog-client – A Vert.x client for tapping into MySQL replication stream.
- Server-Sent Events
- Vert.x REST Client – A REST client for Vert.x with support for RxJava and request caching.
- Retrofit adapter for Vert.x – A highly scalable adapter for Retrofit with Vert.x.
- openapi4j adapter for Vert.x – OpenAPI 3 request validator and router factory alternative.
- Vert.x Effect HTTP client – Pure functional and reactive HTTP client using Vert.x Effect with OAuth support and retry, fallback and recovery operations.
- File Server
- Vert.x TFTP Client – TFTP client for Vert.x support download/upload files.
- AMQP 1.0 – Interact with AMQP 1.0 servers using the Vert.x Producer and Consumer APIs.
- MQTT – Provides two different components: an MQTT server for handling all the MQTT communication and messages exchanges with clients and an MQTT client for sending and receiving messages against an MQTT broker.
- RabbitMQ – A RabbitMQ client (AMQP 0.9.1).
- Kafka Client – A Kafka client.
- kafka – Kafka client for consuming and producing messages.
- Kafka Service – Kafka producer and consumer with retry logic.
- SaltStack – A bi-directional bridge between the SaltStack event system and the Vert.x event bus.
- STOMP – A Kafka client and server.
- ZeroMQ – ZeroMQ Event Bus bridge.
- MQTT Broker – MQTT Broker (MQTT ver. 3.1.1 and 3.1 compliant).
- Azure ServiceBus – Azure ServiceBus producer and consumer (fully async, doesn’t use Microsoft Azure SDK).
- AMQP 1.0 – Kafka bridge – Bridge for sending/receiving messages to/from Apache Kafka using the AMQP 1.0 protocol.
- Vert.x Kafka Client – Apache Kafka client for reading and sending messages from/to an Apache Kafka cluster.
- The White Rabbit – An asynchronous RabbitMQ (AMQP) client based on Kotlin coroutines.
- WAMP Broker – A WAMP broker you can embed into your Vert.x application.
- Meteor – Meteor integration support through Vert.x event bus.
- Hawkular metrics – Hawkular implementation of the Vert.x Metrics SPI.
- DropWizard metrics – Metrics implementation using DropWizard metrics.
- Micrometer metrics – Metrics implementation using Micrometer metrics.
- OpenTsDb Metrics – OpenTsDb metrics client for Vert.x.
- Bosun Monitoring – Bosun client library for Vert.x.
- Netflix – Hystrix
- Push Notifications
- CNCF CloudEvents
- Apache Camel – Apache Camel component for bridging Camel with the Vert.x event bus.
- Gateleen – Middleware library based on Vert.x to build advanced JSON/REST communication servers.
- Gravitee.io – An OSS API Platform including an API Gateway and an OAuth2 / OIDC authorization server based on Vert.x Core / Vert.x Web and other modules.
- API Framework – Vert.x and Glue based microservice framework removing distinction between standalone and serveless application. All services can run in standalone server, but, if required, same codebase can be used to run any service as serverless application.
Programming language support for Vert.x
- Ceylon – Ceylon support.
- Groovy – Groovy support.
- Java – Vert.x main repository (including the Java API).
- Python – Python support.
- Ruby – Ruby support.
- Scala – – Scala support.
- Kotlin – – Kotlin support.
- Php – Php support.
- Reactive Streams – Vert.x Reactive Streams.
- Vert.x Rx – Vert.x Reactive Extensions.
- Vert.x Sync – Vert.x fiber support.
- Kotlin coroutines – Vert.x support for Kotlin coroutines.
- vertx-util – Light weight promises & latches for Vert.x.
- QBit – Async typed actor-like lib that runs easily in Vert.x Async Callbacks. Callback management.
- VxRifa – Utility library for Vert.X that allows using strong-typed interfaces in communication through EventBus.
- Vert.x Effect – Pure functional and reactive library based on the IO Monad to implement any complex flow. Full support for retry, fallback and recovery operations.
Sync Thread Non Block
- Sync – Synchronous but non-OS-thread-blocking verticles.
Vert.x Event Bus Clients
Clients to connect applications to the Vert.x event bus
- C++11 – C++11 event bus client.
- Java – Java implementation of vertxbus.js.
- Java – Java and Android Event Bus Client.
- Java – Simple Java Event Bus Client using plain TCP socket I/O.
- CLI – Command-line binary client for Vert.x event bus – pipe in JSON, emit JSON.
- Swift – Event bus client for Apple’s Swift using the TCP-based protocol.
- Python – Event bus client for Python using the TCP-based protocol.
- C# – Event bus client for C# using the TCP-based protocol.
- C – Event bus client for C99 using the TCP-based protocol.
- Go– Event bus client for Go-lang using the TCP-based protocol.
- Smalltalk– Event bus client for Pharo Smalltalk using the TCP-based protocol.
- Elixir – Event bus support for Elixir apps using TCP socket.
- Rust – Event bus client for Rust applications through TCP.
Implementations of the Vert.x cluster manager SPI
- Hazelcast Cluster Manager – Hazelcast cluster manager.
- Ignite Cluster Manager – Ignite cluster manager.
- JGroups Cluster Manager – JGroups cluster manager.
- Zookeeper Cluster Manager – Zookeeper cluster manager.
- Atomix Cluster Manager – An Atomix based cluster manager implementation for Vert.x 3.
- Infinispan Cluster Manager – Infinispan cluster manager.
- Consul Cluster Manager – Consul cluster manager.
- OpenShift DIY cartridge – OpenShift DIY Cartridge using Vert.x.
- OpenShift Vert.x cartridge – OpenShift Vert.x Cartridge using Vert.x.
- S3 – A fully functional Vert.x client for S3.
- AWS SDK – Use AWS Java SDK v2 (async) with Vert.x
- Docker images – Docker images for Vert.x.
- Service Discovery – Vert.x Service Discovery.
- Circuit Breaker – Vert.x Circuit Breaker.
- Service Discovery – Consul – Consul extension to Vert.x Service Discovery.
- Service Discovery – Docker links – Docker extension to Vert.x Service Discovery.
- Service Discovery – Kubernetes – Kubernetes extension to Vert.x Service Discovery.
- Service Discovery – Redis backend – Redis storage backend for Vert.x Service Discovery.
- Vert.x GraphQL Service Discovery – GraphQL service discovery and querying for your Vert.x microservices.
- HTTP Request Multiplexer – Kalfor – Combine multiple HTTP GET requests into a single POST. A dead simple alternative to Facebook’s GraphQL and Netflix’s Falcor.
- Resilience4j – Resilience4j is a fault tolerance library designed for Java8 and functional programming. Resilience4j provides modules for Circuit Breaking, Rate Limiting, Bulkheading, Automatic retrying, Response caching and Metric measuring.
- Autonomous Services – A toolkit for creating autonomous services. An architecture that leverages vert.x and nannoq-tools to provide an event-based reactive architecure without centralized components, neither for communication or data, providing a theoretically linear scalability across the architecture.
- Apache ServiceComb Java Chassis – ServiceComb Java Chassis is a Software Development Kit (SDK) for rapid development of microservices in Java, providing service registration, service discovery, dynamic routing, and service management features.
- Vert.x Elasticsearch Service – Vert.x 3 Elasticsearch service with event bus proxying.
- Vert.x Elasticsearch Service (redesign) – Vert.x 3 Elasticsearch service with event bus proxying. Redesign of the Vert.x Elasticsearch Service. Heavy usage of DTOs over eventbus and no more JsonObjects. Added support for ES plugins.
- Vert.x Solr Service – Vert.x 3 Solr service with event bus proxying.
- KorTE Template Engine – Kotlin Template Engine similar to Twig/Django/Liquid supporting calling Kotlin suspend methods.
- Service Factory – Vert.x Service Factory.
- Maven Service Factory – Maven Vert.x Service Factory.
- HTTP Service Factory – Vert.x HTTP Service Factory.
- Node.js Service Factory – Vert.x Node.js Service Factory.
- Eclipse SISU Service Factories – Vert.x integration with Eclipse SISU DI container offering alternatives for
- Vert.x Config AWS SSM Store – A config store implementation for retrieving configuration values from the AWS EC2 SSM Parameter Store.
- Vert.x Boot – Deploying verticles from a HOCON configuration.
- Vert.x Guice – Vert.x verticle factory for Guice dependency injection.
- Vert.x HK2 – Vert.x verticle factory for HK2 dependency injection.
- Spring Vert.x Extension – Vert.x verticle factory for Spring DI injection.
- Vert.x Beans – Inject Vert.x objects as beans into your Spring application.
- QBit – QBit works with Spring DI and Spring Boot (and of course Vert.x). Allows you to use QBit, Vert.x, Spring DI and Spring Boot in the same application.
- Vert.x Eclipse SISU – Vert.x integration with Eclipse SISU DI container.
- Vert.x Spring Verticle Factory – A Vert.x Verticle Factory that makes use of Spring to obtain and configure Verticles.
- Glue – Proven and opinionated programming, and configuration model for Java and Vert.x based applications. Inspired from ATG Nucleus, provides powerful layer base configuration management using simple properties file.
- Vert.x Unit – Async polyglot unit testing for Vert.x.
- Vert.x JUnit5 – Async unit testing for Vert.x with junit5.
- Vert.x WireMongo – Lightweight MongoDB mocking for Vert.x
- Vert.x shell – Allows for interaction with Vert.x from the command line.
- Vert.x health check – Allows for remote health checking in Vert.x projects.
- Vert.x Hot – A Maven plugin for the hot-deploy of Maven Vert.x projects.
- slush-vertx – A template driven Vert.x project generator for different languages and build tools.
- Vert.x for Visual Studio Code – A Visual Studio Code (polyglot) plugin for Vert.x. Also available from the Marketplace.
- Vert.x Starter – A browser-based project starter and project templates for Vert.x applications.
- Vert.x LiveReload – A simple livereload server for Vert.x applications.
- openapi-generator – OpenAPI Generator allows generation of API client libraries (SDK generation), server stubs, documentation and configuration automatically given an OpenAPI Spec (v2, v3).
- Vert.x Child Process – Spawn child process from Vert.x.
- vertx-redisques – A highly scalable redis-persistent queuing system for Vert.x.
- Simple File Server – An OpenStack Swift compatible distributed object storage server that can serve and securely store billions of large and small files using minimal resources implemented using Vert.x.
- Vert.x Boot – Deploying verticles from a HOCON configuration.
- GDH – Generalized Diffie-Hellman key exchange Java library built on top of Vert.x.
- Vert.x Stack – Vert.x + the endorsed modules.
- Vert.x blueprint – Microservice application – The official Vert.x blueprint showing how to build a complex microservice application.
- Vert.x blueprint – Job Queue – The official Vert.x blueprint showing how to build a distributed job processing application.
- Vert.x blueprint – TODO backend – The official Vert.x blueprint showing how to build a backend for a TODO application.
- Vert.x examples – The official Vert.x examples including web examples, how to use the official database clients, etc.
- Vert.x feeds – Example of an RSS aggregator built using Vert.x, Gradle, MongoDB, Redis, Handlebars templates, AngularJS, the event bus and SockJS.
- Vert.x Markdown service – Example on how to use service-proxy with Gradle.
- Example using event bus and service proxies to connect vertx and node – Step by step example with wiki description showing how to connect Vert.x and Node using event bus and service proxies.
- Vert.x Todo-Backend implementation – Pure Java 8 implementation of the Todo MVC backend. Uses a Vert.x LocalMap for storage.
- Kotlin Todo-Backend implementation – Kotlin implementation of the Todo MVC backend.
- Scala Todo-Backend implementation – Scala implementation of the Todo MVC backend.
- Grooveex Todo-Backend implementation – Todo MVC backend implementation with Vert.x + Groovy + some syntactic sugar + DSL routing facilities.
- Vert.x Gradle Starter – Java 8 starter application with example of using Vert.x with Gradle build system, profiles configuration and SLF4J.
- Vert.x Gentics Mesh Example – Example on how to build a template-based web server with Gentics Mesh and handlebars.
- HTTP/2 showcase – A simple demo, showing how HTTP/2 can drastically improve user experience when a huge latency is involved.
- Vert.x Music Store – An example application on how to build Vert.x applications with RxJava.
- Crabzilla – Yet another Event Sourcing experiment. A project exploring Vert.x to develop Event Sourcing / CQRS applications.
- Vert.x PostgreSQL Starter – A starter to build a monolithic CRUD RESTful Web Service with Vert.x stack and PostgreSQL.
- Cloud Foundry – An example Vert.x for deploying to a Cloud Foundry service provider.
- Knative – An example application on how to use Reactive Extensions Vert.x with Knative.
- Starter Single Verticle API – REST API Starter and Project Template ready to deploy with lots of plumbing code, examples, and documentation to quickly develope an API with almost no knowledge of vert.x and without any waste of time.
- Vert.x Deploy Application – (Seamless) deploy to AWS based Vert.x application clusters.
- Chime – Time scheduler working on Vert.x event bus allowing for scheduling with cron-style and interval timers.
- Vert.x Cron – Schedule events with cron specifications. Has event bus and Observable versions.
- Vert.x CronUtils – An abstraction of cron-utils for the vertx scheduler. Unix, Cron4j and Quartz style expressions are supported.
- Vert.x POJO config – Allows for mapping between standard JSON configuration and a (type-safe) configuration Java bean. Also allows the configuration bean to be validated through JSR 303.
- Vert.x Async – Portage of caolan/async nodejs module to Vert.x framework that provides helpers methods for common async patterns.
- Vert.x JOLT – JSON to JSON transformation tool based on the original bazaarvoice JOLT project. Helpful to transform different json structure into an expected json format.
- Vert.x Dependent Verticle Deployer – A Vert.x Verticle intended to deploy verticles and their dependent verticles.
- Vert.x Dataloader – Java port of Facebook Dataloader for Vert.x. Efficient batching and caching for your data layer.
- Vert.x Util – A collection of Vert.x utility methods.
- Vert.x Web Accesslog – Just a simple handler to be used in Vert.x Web to generate access logs.
- Vert.x GraphQL Utils – A route handler and Vert.x compatible interfaces to handle GraphQL queries in Vert.x and Vert.x Web.
- Nannoq-Tools – Nannoq-Tools is a toolkit for constructing robust, scalable and distributed applications leveraging Vert.x including modules for authentication, cluster management, Firebase Cloud Messaging, DynamoDB, fully generic queries, REST, and more.
- User Group – Discuss all user issues related to using Vert.x.
- Developer Group – A group for Vert.x core developers and contributors.
- Gitter chat general chat for Vert.x releated chat.
- Issues – Vert.x core issue tracker.
- Wiki – Contains useful information about Vert.x.
- Blog – The official Vert.x blog containing many tutorials and other information.
- 2017 Events – A list of 2017 Vert.x talks and presentations.
- Going reactive with Eclipse Vert.x and RX Java
- First Steps With Vert.x and Infinispan – Part 2: PUSH API
- First Steps With Vert.x and Infinispan – Part 1: REST API
- Location Transparency With Vert.x
- Reactive Microservices and Service Discovery with Vert.x
- Vert.x 3.3.0 Features Enhanced Networking Microservices, Testing and More
- Launching Vert.x Dynamically
- Secure Your Vertx 3 App With Pac4j
- Interview with Tim Fox About Vert.x 3, the Original Reactive, Microservice Toolkit for the JVM
Social events / Meetups
- VertxUI – A pure Java front-end toolkit with descriptive fluent views-on-models, POJO traffic, JUnit testing on the virtual DOM or mixed-language on a real DOM, and more.