Table of Contents
- [By Brian Rinaldi] (http://developer.telerik.com/featured/creating-node-js-command-line-utilities-improve-workflow/)
An excellent introduction to Vorpal, Brian Rinaldi from Telerik walks you through developing a sophisticated Vorpal app from scratch.
- By Ramon Gebben
Awesome projects and applications built using Vorpal.
- Cash – Cross-platform Linux commands without the suck.
- Raptor – Performance testing CLI for Firefox developers.
- iTunes-remote – Control iTunes on the CLI.
- phunt – Access Product Hunt on the CLI. Trended on (you guessed it) Product Hunt.
- trelew – Access Trello on the CLI.
- wat – Community-built docs for every language, platform and library.
- metronome – A live metronome on the CLI.
- fastack – A zero-config tool that makes developing client-side apps easy.
- cbcluster – CLI for Couchbase Server Clusters.
- quotr – View stock exchange quotes.
- Vantage –
REPLfor your live Node app.
- birdknife – A full featured Twitter CLI.
- tv-remote-cli – CLI for remotely controlling your Smart TV.
- launch – Automating meteor builds to the AppStore, TestFlight, Hockey, Google Play, and more
- lifxsh – Interactive shell for controlling LIFX smart lights.
Extensions add to the functionality of Vorpal – programmatically or live.
- repl – Drops your CLI into a REPL within your app’s context.
- tour – Build an interactive tour for your Vorpal app.
- watch – Updates your live Vorpal extensions in realtime.
- log – Advanced logging utility.
- set-or-print – Easily set / get arguments with commands.
- use – Import Vorpal extensions live: while your app is running.
- hacker-news – Pulls the top trending items from Hacker News.
- rc – Simple .rc file support.
- comment – Bash-like comment support.
- as-default – Triggers Vorpal task in case it runs without any specificly defined task.