This list contains the most useful tools and data for creating web animations.
- Any libraries that help animate anything in the browser – Canvas, SVG, text, scroll etc.
- Books about animation in the browser.
- GUI tools for animation that can be exported to the browser.
- Svg.js – The lightweight library for manipulating and animating SVG.
- Vivus – Library to make drawing animation on SVG.
- Walkway – An easy way to animate SVG elements.
- Bonsai – BonsaiJS is a graphics library and renderer.
- Mojs – The motion graphics toolbelt for the web.
- Animo.js – A powerful little tool for managing CSS animations.
- Animateplus – A+ animation module for the modern web.
- Animatic – CSS animations engine.
- Just Animate – Making Animation Simple.
- Haiku Core – Interactive UI animation engine for the Web. Core renderer for Haiku Animator.
- Progressbar.js – Responsive and slick progress bars.
- Glsl easings – Easing functions in GLSL.
- ES6-tween – ES6 version of tween.js.
- Animate.css – A cross-browser library of CSS animations. As easy to use as an easy thing.
- Motion-ui – The powerful Sass library for creating CSS transitions and animations.
- Magic – CSS3 Animations with special effects.
- Css-loaders – A collection of loading spinners animated with CSS.
- SpinKit – A collection of loading indicators animated with CSS.
- Bounce.js – Create beautiful CSS3 powered animations in no time.
- EaselJS – EaselJS is a library for building high-performance interactive 2D content in HTML5.
- Two.js – A renderer agnostic two-dimensional drawing api for the web with animation support.
Animate on scroll
- AOS – Animate on scroll library.
- Wow – Reveal CSS animation as you scroll down a page.
- Scrollreveal – Animate elements as they scroll into view.
- Motus – Animation library that mimics CSS keyframes when scrolling.
- Sal – Performance focused, lightweight scroll animation library.
- Motion – Open source, production-ready animation and gesture library for React.
- SVGR – Transform SVGs into React components.
- React tsParticles – ReactJS wrapper for tsParticles
- Svgartista – SVG Artista is a tool that helps you animate stroke and fill properties in your SVG images with plain CSS code. It should work fine with path, line, polyline, rect, circle, ellipse and polygon elements. It cannot animate SVG gradients though, so please keep that in mind.
- Mantra – Mantra is a timeline editing tool for web animations. It is inspired by tools such as Adobe Flash and After Effects.
- Animista – Animista is a place where you can play with a collection of pre-made css animations, tweak them and get only those you will actually use.
- Cssanimate – Welcome to CssAnimate.com, tool for easy and fast creating CSS3 keyframes animation, right in your browser without using any desktop software. If you want to render complex and consistent CSS3 animation on your site this tool is made for you! You can create complex CSS3 keyframe animation without any coding and to get ready made css styles for using on your site.
- Ceaser – Now that we can use CSS transitions in all the modern browsers, let’s make them pretty. I love the classic Penner equations with Flash and jQuery, so I included most of those. If you’re anything like me*, you probably thought this about the default easing options: “ease-in, ease-out etc.” The mysterious cubic-bezier has a lot of potential, but was cumbersome to use. Until now. Also, touch-device friendly!
- Cubic Bezier – A great utility for creating Bezier curves. You can import and export curves to/from your library to share them with others.
- Keyframer – Tool that help visualize animation components and output the code required.
- CSS Animation Kit – Select any predefined samples from top panel. Below samples there is a timeline of @keyframes. Timeline has 101 keyframes ( 0% to 100%) direction from left to right. Highlighted keyframe indicate that some style is assigned to that point. You can add new style at selected point.
SVG is extremely powerful, with its reduced HTTP requests and crispness on any display. It becomes increasingly more interesting as you explore its capabilities for responsive animation and performance boons. When you animate SVG, you must be aware of normal image traits like composition, color, implementation, and optimization. But when you animate, it increases the complexity of each of these factors exponentially.
Thanks to faster browsers, better web standards support, and more powerful devices, the web now defines the next generation of user interfaces that are fun, practical, fluid, and memorable. The key? Animation. But learning how to create animations is hard, and existing learning material doesnt explain the context of the UI problem that animations are trying to solve. Thats where this book comes in.
Add life and depth to your web applications and improve user experience through the discrete use of CSS transitions and animations. With this concise guide, you’ll learn how to make page elements move or change in appearance, whether you want to realistically bounce a ball, gradually expand a drop-down menu, or simply bring attention to an element when users hover over it.
Effective interface animation deftly combines form and function to improve feedback, aid in orientation, direct attention, show causality, and express your brands personality. Designing Interface Animation shows you how to create web animation that balances purpose and style while blending seamlessly into the users experience. This book is a crash course in motion design theory and practice for web designers, UX professionals, and front-end developers alike.
We’ve come a long way since the days of flashing banner ads and scrolling news tickers. Today, the stunning motion design of iOS and Android dramatically improves a users experience — instead of detracting from it. The best sites and apps of today leverage animation to improve the feel and intuitiveness of their interfaces. Sites without animation are starting to feel antiquated. This book provides you with a technical foundation to implement animation in a way thats both visually stunning and programmatically maintainable.
Modern websites use a variety of animated effects not only to improve usability but also to delight and surprise users. Some of these effects require complex scripting or programming skills, but many are within the grasp of designers who are already familiar with CSS and HTML. CSS Animations and Transitions for the Modern Web shows designers how to add movement to web pages over time using CSS3 style definitions.
- Yuri Artyukh youtube channel – This man creates amazing web animations using various technologies for this, and recording it all in steam format.