More than 230 of Useful Java Development Links
I found this useful java development links in GitHub so I want to share it with you and others list also that can be very beneficial for Java developers
- 1. Common frameworks and libraries
- 2. Web development
- 3. GUI
- 4. Business
- 5. Game Development
- 6. Useful libraries
- 7. Imagery and Video
- 8. Code generation and changing byte code
- 9. Distributed Applications
- 10. Science
- 11. OSGI
1. Common frameworks and libraries
- Spring Framework The Spring Framework provides a comprehensive programming and configuration model for modern Java-based enterprise applications — on any kind of deployment platform. A key element of Spring is infrastructural support at the application level: Spring focuses on the “plumbing” of enterprise applications so that teams can focus on application-level business logic, without unnecessary ties to specific deployment environments. License: Apache 2 , , StackOverflow – more 100 000 questions.
- Google Guava The Guava project contains several of Google’s core libraries that we rely on in our Java-based projects: collections, caching, primitives support, concurrency libraries, common annotations, string processing, I/O, and so forth. Requires JDK 1.6 or higher (as of 12.0). License: Apache 2.
- Apache Commons – Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable Java components. Commons Proper is dedicated to one principal goal: creating and maintaining reusable Java components. License: Apache 2.
- Spring Boot — Spring Boot makes it easy to create Spring-powered, production-grade applications and services with absolute minimum fuss. It takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform so that new and existing users can quickly get to the bits they need. License: Apache 2.
- Lombok Very spicy additions to the Java programming language. Project Lombok makes java a spicier language by adding ‘handlers’ that know how to build and compile simple, boilerplate-free, not-quite-java code. License: MIT.
- Puniverse Quasar Fibers, Channels, and Actors for the JVM. Hello World examples. License: Eclipse Public v1.0/GNU Lesser 3.
- Rootbeer GPU Compiler The Rootbeer GPU Compiler lets you use GPUs from within Java. License: MIT.
- Oblac Jodd Jodd is set of open-source Java micro frameworks and tools; floppy size! Jodd = tools + ioc + mvc + db + aop + tx + json + html < 1.5 Mb. License: BSD 2, .
- Google Jimfs An in-memory file system for Java 7+. License: Apache 2.
- Spring batch Spring Batch is a framework for writing offline and batch applications using Spring and Java. License: Apache 2.
- Microserver — A convenient Microservices plugin system for Spring & Spring Boot, with over 30 plugins and growing, that supports both micro-monolith and pure microservices styles. License: Apache 2.
- Greenrobot common General purpose utilities and hash functions for Android and Java (aka java-common). License: Apache 2.
- Kilim Lightweight threads for Java, with message passing, nio, HTTP and scheduling support. License: MIT.
- Apache Isis Apache Isis is a framework for rapidly developing domain-driven apps in Java. Write your business logic in entities, domain services, and repositories, and the framework dynamically (at runtime) generates a representation of that domain model as a webapp or as a RESTful API. For prototyping or production. License: Apache 2.
- Apache Zest Apache Zest is a community-based effort exploring Composite Oriented Programming for domain centric application development. This includes evolved concepts from Aspect-Oriented Programming, Dependency Injection and Domain Driven Design. License: Apache 2.
2. Web development
- Play Framework The Play Framework combines productivity and performance making it easy to build scalable web applications with Java and Scala. https://www.playframework.com/ . License: Apache 2 , .
- Spark Spark – a Sinatra inspired web framework. License: Apache 2 , .
- Blade a simple, elegant java web framework! License: Apache 2 , .
- Atmosphere – Realtime Client Server Framework for the JVM, supporting WebSockets with Cross-Browser Fallbacks. License: CDDL1 / Apache 2 , .
- Grails – Grails is a framework used to build web applications with the Groovy programming language. The core framework is very extensible and there are numerous plugins available that provide easy integration of add-on features. https://grails.org/ License: Apache 2 , .
- Ninja Ninja is a full-stack web framework for Java. Rock-solid, fast and super productive. .http://www.ninjaframework.org. License: Apache 2 , .
- Electronicarts Orbit — Orbit – Virtual actor framework for building distributed systems. License: BSD 3, .
- Ratpack Ratpack is a simple, capable, toolkit for creating high-performance web applications. Ratpack is built on Java and the Netty event-driven networking engine. The API is optimized for Groovy and Java 8.. https://ratpack.io/ License: Apache 2 , .
- Vaadin — Vaadin is a Java framework for building modern web applications that look great, perform well and make you and your users happy.https://vaadin.com/ License: Apache 2 , .
- ZK framework ZK is a highly productive Java framework for building amazing enterprise web and mobile applications. License: GNU Lesser, .
- Apache Tapestry – A component-oriented framework for creating highly scalable web applications in Java. License: Apache 2.
- Apache Wicket – Open Source Java web framework that powers thousands of web applications and web sites for governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more. License: Apache 2.
- Google Web Toolkit – GWT is used by many products at Google, including Google AdWords and Google Wallet. It’s open-source, completely free, and used by thousands of enthusiastic developers around the world. License: Apache 2.
- Pippo – It’s an open-source micro web framework in Java, with minimal dependencies and a quick learning curve. The goal of this project is to create a micro web framework in Java that should be easy to use and hack. Pippo can be used in small and medium applications and also in applications based on a microservices architecture. License: Apache 2.
- Spring MVC – Spring MVC web application and RESTful web service framework. License: Apache 2.
- JavaServer Faces – JavaServer™ Faces technology simplifies building user interfaces for JavaServer applications. License: GNU 2 or CDDL 1.0
- JavaServer Pages – This project provides a container-independent implementation of JSP 2.1. License: GNU 2 or CDDL 1.0
- Apache Cocoon Web development framework: separation of concerns, component-based. License: Apache 2.
- Apache Struts Apache Struts is a free open-source framework for creating Java web applications. License: Apache 2.
- Apache Sling Innovative Web framework based on JCR and OSGi. License: Apache 2.
- Apache MyFaces The first free open source JavaServer(tm) Faces implementation. License: Apache 2.
- Apache Pivot Apache Pivot is an open-source platform for building installable Internet applications (IIAs) [rich Internet application]. License: Apache 2.
- Apache Turbine Turbine is a servlet based framework that allows Java developers to quickly build web applications. License: Apache 2.